Pregnant after IF

Favorite Baby Stuff!

Since we've got some fun chatter going on it the discussion about strollers, I thought it might be nice to expand it to baby gear in general! What are some of your favorites? What was your nursery splurge (if you have one)?

I am in love with these burpy bibs by Aden + Anais. Yes, $22 dollars for 2 bibs, but they are completely worth it. They are super thick and absorbent while also being nice and soft against baby skin. The patterns are pretty yet modern and a bit artsy. And now that she's in baby foods, I can snap it on like a bib and it covers pretty much her entire top half like a smock. Sweet potato baby food spillage? No worries -- it just gets on the bib! And I can confirm that they hold up well in the wash and those bright orange sweet potato stains come out like magic.  I actually found these two or three months after my little girl arrived and I've been giving them as baby shower or baby-warming gifts ever since -- to equally rave reviews !  :smile:

My nursery splurge is going to be this changing basket (which will convert nicely into a bin for her dresser top when she gets older) -- I just have to wait until September as they are currently back-ordered due to demand. 
~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
Fall 2012 -- started TTC
Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

Re: Favorite Baby Stuff!

• @mbradfo2 - I spent about that for the Little Unicorn burp cloths but I love them and how the shape over your shoulder. I love just about everything from Little Unicorn, all our blankets, swaddles, one of my diaper bags...

I buy mostly Canadian Brands but one super useful item we’ve bought is this: 
    Ingenuity Baby Base 2-in-1 Seat, Slate https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0791TSV83/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Bw2DBbGFFZ7YW

Use it at home, in the trunk for busy day/road trip lunches and travel. 

Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• I love Copper Pearl for swaddles, bibs and more! With my son the Dockatot and Mamaroo for my top purchases for sure- I am hoping our 2nd will also love these!

@mbradfo2 I have seen the burpy bibs and other Aden and Anais stuff for great prices at Marshalls/TJMaxx stores!

We have that Ingenuity 2 in 1 seat as well @Jwatts5 it has been great. We also have a pricey high chair that we used in the beginning but I love this seat wayyyy more- easy to clean and great for bringing to other people's houses we even bring it boating!

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Loading the player...
  • We got the ingenuity seat as well thanks to @JWatt5 recommendation ! It is working great as an interim high chair and floor seat!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• I’m interested in apps that ppl use to track feedings/diapers and that can be linked with their partner and caregiver since my mom will be watching him too
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Ingenuity seat for the win! Haha. It has been pretty awesome - one of the most useful items we’ve purchased.

We have a Dock a Tot and we loved it. I’m holding on to it for a possible second since you can’t get them in Canada right now.

Also loved our Nuna Sena Mini - I had the Halo Bassinest and swapped it out for the Sena Mini (got it used for half price) - same size and portable so it had two uses. I stubbed my toe on the Halo base way too many times and it took up a ton of room to store. 

Munchkin weighted straw cups have been a hit here. Water, milk and smoothies. 

@lablover78 - we’ve used BabyConnect the whole way so far and I’ve really liked it. We have it on both our phones and the iPad so both of us can track/someone watching him could. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• I already ordered a snuggle me because it was on sale.  It’s my only baby purchase and will be until after my AS.
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @mayflower513
    I totally get that -- I allowed myself a purchase of a set of crib sheets and a swaddling blanket at 16 weeks but that was the last until closer to 32-34 weeks! And since she arrived a bit early, I had basically nothing other than my shower gifts when they said, "Okay, you're having a baby today!"  So I've been enjoying doing most of my baby shopping post-baby :smile:

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• I love reading others’ recommendations. I didn’t do much research before having my son so I’m interested in what others found useful. 

My favorite is this mobile. 
    https://www.tinylove.com/us_en/on-the-go-toys/take-along-mobile
    The best $25 I’ve ever spent. With this I can take 15 min break to eat or use the bathroom, etc. 

My splurge is a bassinet called SNOO. It rocks and soothes the baby to sleep with oscillation and white noise and continues to rock the baby to help the baby sleep longer. What it doesn’t do is that it won’t stop the baby from waking up if he/she is hungry! My boy likes to eat frequently so I’m not seeing much benefit in terms of sleep when using this bassinet with him. Ugh. One thing I love about this bassinet though is that it clips the swaddle into the bassinet so when he is swaddled, he can’t flip. Right now he just learned to flip onto his tummy and doesn’t quite know how to flip back, so it’s really nice to know he won’t be flipping onto his belly when we are asleep. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • @cashewchicken that sounds a little but like torture, lol.  I’m sure (or I hope!) it’s different for a baby who knows no differently.

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• I may have to get one of those mobiles, @cashewchicken

We are starting to get fussiness and 'tude if we're out and she's in a bad mood (due to teething, yay).
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• I swear by my free to grow Tula carrier. Use it all the time for hiking now and at the beginning for grocery store runs, you name it. Also the Velcro swaddle things we got. It made swaddling possible. Haha.
  • mbradfo2 said:
    I may have to get one of those mobiles, @cashewchicken

We are starting to get fussiness and 'tude if we're out and she's in a bad mood (due to teething, yay).
    We are teething too and it's awful. I feel so bad that he is so uncomfortable. And he doesn't like any of his teething toys. 

Zulily has Aden + Anais today. The 2 pack of burly bibs are $15 if you need more. 

My favorite baby items have been our Rock n Play, lifesaver for any babies with reflux. Now that we have transitioned Brooks to his crib I love the Nested Bean sleep sack. 

For a splurge items I love our Lollipop camera and the Hatch Baby night light and sound machine. 
  • We have a Keekaroo Peanut Changer and it’s awesome. So easy to clean when baby has an accident in the middle of a diaper change. We have the aqua one that was for our son’s room, and if this 2nd is a girl, I’ll arrange for aqua tonsomehow fit in the nursery so we can use it again. 
  • It's funny we talk about splurging. Everything we got that we thought was going to be so necessary my son hated. lol. We had a mamaroo and he wouldn't use it. I had a fancy bassinet that my girlfriend gave to me and he didn't sleep well in it. Especially as we are getting ready to go through IVF for # 2 again.

I think the most useful things I bought were just a few regular packs of the white cloth diapers/burp rags. My son had reflux so bad and he was a spitter so I went through more burp rags than anything else! I used my ergo all of the time b/c it helped me get stuff done around the house. I bought the infant insert and it was awesome. I tried the Moby and could never get it to work by myself. I almost cried every time I tried to use it. lol... I want to try one of the baby Katan's this time around and see if that helps. Also, we used the Owlett and absolutely loved it! 

@KidShrink - I want to get one of those Peanut Changers! we have a regular but the biggest complain is that with the cloth covers, they are forever dirty. 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 I have a baby ktan and love it! All the wraps terrified me and this is so easy to use! The only negative is that it’s based on the wearers size so my DH can’t  use it unless he orders his own, where the carriers like the ergo and bjorn we can both wear and adjust easily. 
  • @Griffin5413 I loved my k'tan! It was great for the beginning, because I was terrified of using a more structured carrier until she had more head support. I only used it for a month or so, but it was amazing. I had a c-section and couldn't lift the baby and car seat at the same time, so I pretty much had to wear her out and about. But it worked perfectly for me
  • Our microwave bottle sanitizer cleaner thing has been amazing! Saves so much in constantly doing the bottles. Just rinse them out and toss them in for 2 minutes. All clean! 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • Also a bottle warmer! Seems like such a simple thing but don’t know what we would do without it! 
  • @mtpbadger - ahhh the bottle warmer. We had the avent one but eventually got the Baby Brezza one for the timer. Made my life a little easier because if I missed that timer for the breastmilk I was devastated 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• We don’t have a bottle warmer. Bryson likes room temperature water. Maybe that’s because it’s all he knows?! 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • @Holls214 - I needed one for breastmilk when I was exclusive pumping. Formula is room temp or warmer of its made with the Formula Pro I have (another awesome baby item for formula fed - luxury yes, but we’ve loved it). Now I’ll use it again for milk from the fridge. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• With my oldest I just steamed veggies and blended them in my food processor. This time I splurged on a baby food maker.. steams and purées it, way faster and less mess. I was addicted to making baby food it was so easy, ha.

with needing to chase a big kid, alll the baby carriers. Ring sling, structured, wrap. My second baby is my BOB stroller, I freaking love that thing, so we got a double BOB and it’s amazing. I run a lot or hike so not needed otherwise but it’s my most used baby item.

then bottle warmer was used daily with my oldest, never for this baby. Both hated swings, both loved the rock n play. 

Then a 4-1 high chair.. high chair, booster, and can detach to travel to family members homes. Also a camping chair with a tray, we eat outside a lot so mister mister is in that eating daily.

so many awesome things for the kiddos!!
  • @mtpbadger
    We have a bottle warmer (cheaper one from Philipps) and it's a total life-saver. We bottle feed, so the formula is usually a bit cold when we take it from the fridge (we use ready-to-feed bottes -- I was able to get them directly for Similac for a fraction of the cost). So, we warm it for about 4-5 min depending on amount. Our bottle warmer doesn't have a timer so we just ask our 'Alexa' to set timers for 5 min everytime we make a bottle! I'm sure there's someone at amazon wondering why we are setting all these short timers lol

When we take Anne over to stay with her grandparents while I go to the office, they warm bottles the old fashioned way in hot water XD.  The bottle warmer does the same thing, but it's so easy to use!

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• My mom has even said that the bottle warmer is so much easier than running it under hot water (waiting for the water to warm up and then keep checkin the temp of the bottle). My sister gave me her Dr Philips one and it has a timer which is nice, especially for those middle of the night feedings or when the baby is screaming - just plop the bottle in and walk around with baby until it’s done. Or we put the bottle in and do the diaper change and then it’s ready. It’s not a necessity but it does make life a little easier. 
  • @mtpbadger. Do you know which model you have?  I was looking at those, and the "fast" one seems like the newer version, but I felt like I just wanted the older "premium" version.  Just warms with water and then holds it at a safe temperature for breastmilk, so I feel like I mind less if theres notime, so long as I know I can come grab it any time, and it'snot scorching.  But it's getting harder to find and the cost seems so high!  I think I see it going for about $55, which seems like a lot when the newer version is like, $20. :/  I was holding off for that reason, bc I know a lot of moms dont use one at all, but I think it will be good for DH or other caregivers once we start introducing (pumped, frozen) bottles...
  • Oops, it’s dr Browns. It’s at least 3 years old (my nephew is 2.5 now) but still works fine. I’ve atrached a pic 
  • What does everyone like for a breast pump?  I know I have like 3 months to figure this out (or more), but my insurance covers one this time and I was reading mixed things about the spectra vs medela.  I used medela PIS last time and it was fine... I pretty much only pumped and only for the first maybe 2.5-3 months and didn't have amazing supply with it (I got around 20 oz a day) but I also didn't really try to increase it at all, either, and I know supply can be less when pumping than nursing. So I have that pump that I can clean and reuse but if i can get a new one why not, especially if the spectra really does help increase supply like I read some people say.  Sorry for the ramble!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 - I have the Medela PIS and the Medela Freestyle - love the freestyle, the PIS is kinda rough. If I exclusively pump again like I plan to in the future I'm going to purchase the Medela Sonota. Id try the Spectra after reading so many good things about it but it's a pain to get/get parts here in Canada - it's not common here. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Thank you @JWatt5!  

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• I love my spectra, but I dont have much to compare to.  I have the rechargeable one.
  • There was a whole other post on pumps too. I love my Lansinoh one. It lasted the full year of pumping.
  • Thanks @BusinessWife and @persnickity - I looked but didn’t see a recent thread, I will search!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• Fisher Price baby swing. It was a lifesaver.
    Fisher Price ocean wonders.
  • artemis618artemis618 member
    edited October 2018
    I know this is older, but I still appreciate alll the good info as a FTM to be!

Our big “nursery” splurge is mostly for us because we wanted to be comfortable if one of us has to sleep in baby’s room:  We ordered an Ekornes Stressless recliner (ordered after AS as the promo at the time was ending the weekend after, and we were advised it could take 16 weeks to get the chair since the color we wanted isn’t stocked here).  We sort of justified it by knowing we were going to get awesome used furniture from a friend, and we’ve gotten a bunch of baby clothes and gear (swing, rock n’ play, older carriers, snap n’ go, boppies and a my Brest friend) from our next door neighbor who just had a little girl in January.  And I got a 3 hours used Ergo 360 from a kind coworker (her little boy hated being worn) and will get an equally minimally used (not that I care - I was just sort of amazed) pack and play from her too, and possibly a bouncer (I was advised that you can’t have too many!).

We optimistically picked up a lightly used Snoo off of Craigslist at like 12 or 13 weeks (seller reports they used it maybe 5 times because her baby got sick so she just wanted to nurse her all the time anyway)  - she somehow got it free and they were moving so her price was better than most I’d seen.

I managed to find a red (apparently discontinued years ago) Keekaroo peanut changer in red online from a store in Canada so had it shipped.

Regarding pumps, I’m planning on going with the the Spectra S1 (can’t order it for another 5.5 weeks per my insurance rules).  I think there’s a surcharge beyond what insurance covers for the battery one, but I’d like to have the flexibility.  Also, I think my generous neighbor said she has spare supplies for it.

Edit:  typo
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Thank you @persnickity!  I hadn't found it.

Awesome scores @artemis618!!  I've been leaning towards the Spectra S1 as well, depending how much extra it is.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @artemis618 you’ve scored some awesome stuff! I have friends and family members who had twins or OAD and I was able to get some gently used baby gear, too. Funny, I also bought a Sleepless recliner too! Figured a furniture like that I can use for a long time.

I have Spectra s2 and 9 pumps and I love both pumps. 9 is portable but suction is a bit weak compared to s2 and it is louder, too. If you are interested in using the Spectra brand pumps but want to use glass bottles to collect/store milk, Avent glass bottle fits the Spectra flange. The downside to using the glass bottle is that you can’t use the hands-free pump bra. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • High chair recommendations?  We're getting close you needing one so I'm going to start researching.  Does anyone have the 4moms & like it? I'm leaning towards that but also am liking the skip hop convertible & oxo tot sprout
  • @Aera11 we had the oxo tot seedling and it was great.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @aera11 - we have the Skip Hop convertable - we haven't really loved it. Easy to clean and small/nice looking which is nice but feels so cheap. It's worked for us since we move the high chair all around the house but...kinda wish we had a different one. Especially for the earlier days. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019