January 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-In: EDD 1/15-1/21, w/o 8/13

EDD:

Symptoms? 

Upcoming or recent appointments?

R/R/Q:

GTKY: When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?

Re: Weekly Check-In: EDD 1/15-1/21, w/o 8/13

• Options
    greenhillgirlgreenhillgirl member
    edited August 2018
    EDD: 1/17 but she is measuring a few days ahead consistently

Symptoms? 
    Ligament pain, stabbing in boobs

Upcoming or recent appointments? 
    Anatomy scan on 8/6, OBGYN on 8/17

R/R/Q: 
    I did yoga yesterday and got frustrated when I was dizzy half way through and had to lie down for a while. I made it through about 45 mins and did another 20 at the end. Everyone else in my class is 24+ weeks and some are 36+ weeks and I felt so self-conscious. Anyone else dizzy sometimes? An ideas why there are hardly any 2nd tri people in my class?

GTKY: 
    When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with? Advice on how to handle a problem, especially work or career stuff. And baking. At work people come to me for help with systems & processes and data analysis. 
  • Options
    EDD: 1/19 Symptoms? Awful headaches and terrible sciatica Upcoming or recent appointments? New OB appointment on Monday. I'm leaving my other practice. They refer out for GD concerns to a high risk practice for the entire peninsula I live on. It's an hour and a half away which is absurd and they do not schedule appointments to be convenient to your follow ups with the OB. So I'm going to drive to another practice that does an hour and fifteen away I guess! R/R/Q: Nothing really. GTKY: When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with? Well, I am a guidance counselor so really, it's mostly college, life, boy, etc. issues. DH says I have "talk to me" written on my forehead because everywhere we go, people tell me all about their life.
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am sorry my formatting sucks. It's not like that when I submit :(
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • Options
    EDD: 1/15/19

Symptoms? Heartburn, pain in my hips (especially at night). 

Upcoming or recent appointments? We had a routine prenatal appt on Monday and heard the baby’s heartbeat. Anatomy scan is coming up on 8/28!

R/R/Q: We picked a daycare and will be dropping the deposit off tomorrow! Today’s the first day of school for our local schools and it was strange to think about having a little one of my own to get to “school” before too long...(I mean, if the daycare has a 100+ page curriculum guide, I think it pretty much counts as school even if the pupils are teeny tiny!)

GTKY: When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?: I’m a librarian, so I get a lot of requests for book suggestions. I’m also a good listener, so I get a lot of people wanting to vent to me...I wish they’d take my good advice a little more often, but I guess sometimes just venting helps
    too.
  • Options
    @greenhillgirl, I know I read somewhere that low blood pressure can be a common symptom around now. I’ve definitely felt a little light-headed at work a few times recently, especially if I stand up quickly after crouching to get to a low shelf.

@oaklandava, ugh, sorry you’ll be spending so much time just commuting to your appointments! I hope the appointment with the new OB goes smoothly on Monday.
  • Options
    EDD: 1/21 - 17 weeks and counting!

Symptoms? Pulling and stretching feelings low in my abdomen. Constipation. Pain in my pubic bone when I stand up or sit down or roll over in bed. Tired more easily - especially if I forget to eat. 

Upcoming or recent appointments? 2nd Centering pregnancy group appointment on 8/20. Anatomy scan on 9/5! DH told his work that 9/5 is a hard no-travel date and they are being respectful of that so he will be able to attend so thats good. 

R/R/Q: AC has been out at work since Tuesday. If its not fixed by next Tuesday I am totally calling HR and using the pregnancy card to get them to expedite repair! Sorry not sorry.

GTKY: When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with? 
    I am the boss at work, and the resident system expert, so they come to me all the time for help in what to do in certain situations and how to fix things.
    I also get a lot of personal questions from employees along the line of: "How do I figure out how much I can afford in rent?" (help them set up a budget), "How to I check/improve my credit?" (show them the free credit report site and explain about credit card debt and what the companies look for) "Is signing up for the 401K program really that important?" (only if you want to one day retire!)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @Rachel2066, I hope they get the AC fixed for you soon at work! Ours was out at home for a bit last week and I was totally miserable. Definitely a situation where playing the pregnancy card is justified!
  • Options
    Hope everyone is having a good Friday. Random question- have any of you started to have your poop look weird? Weird shapes, sizes, colors? Asking for a friend... j/k  :D 
  • Options
    @greenhillgirl, ha, I’m still battling constipation so I’m just happy when anything at all happens on that front! Haven’t noticed any weird colors but I’ll keep an eye out, lol.