December 2018 Moms

PGAL Check-in 8/15

Is today the right day for this? I don’t know. Seems like it’s been a week, so here we go!

Welcome to the PGAL (Pregnant after loss) weekly thread!

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.There is no need to add specific trigger warnings in your posts, but you may if you choose.** 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 

4. Any appointment updates?

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 

6. GTKY: What was one thing you loved about high school or college? 
**June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg

Re: PGAL Check-in 8/15

• Loading the player...
  • @lexidawg How far in advance of your due date is December 11th? My doc likes to schedule repeat Cs one week before due date and I was wondering if that was the norm!?
    @lippy625 I love Dashboard Confessional! Throwback!  I don't know if you saw my comment on a different thread, but I saw you were having problems finding some plus size maternity clothes.  I'm plus size as well and Pink Blush has a ton of cute plus size dress and other clothes! They have the biggest variety by far!
    @morgantu I wish I could have moved away for college and reinvented myself like you did. I'm jelly!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• hoosiermama-2hoosiermama-2 member
    edited August 2018
    @morgantu Wow! Congrats on the fast movement with the house. Hope it continues. 

@lippy625 Gosh, I will blast The Places That You've Come to Fear the Most album still when I'm in a certain mood. :D "The Best Deceptions" - omgggg, early '00s feels! 

24+2 - whoooa! 

Big. I'm trying really hard to eat smarter, but I'm still not exercising. Energy ebbs and flow but when I have it, it's on! I've been having bursts of awesome productivity. 

Okayyy, anxiety-wise but my previous due date is looming (9/11) and it keeps popping into my head and I really, really hate it. Ugh. 

Had a checkup last Thursday; all was well. I asked to skip the 1-hour and go straight to the 3-hour glucose test. I'm hopeful I'll pass it but I'm certain I'd fail the first one. 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 
    It's been a busy one and it's only Wednesday. :| 
    Dear Diary, I really wish DH would freaking stay on the second bath reno. The thing is not that big and it's already been dragged out for a month with no end in sight. JUST HIRE SOMEONE TO TEAR OUT THE VANITY, PUT A NEW ONE IN, PUT A NEW TOILET IN AND TILE THE FLOOR. Geeeeeeeeeeeeez. 

High school - I loved cheerleading. College - I loved being in Los Angeles and my semester abroad. Take me back!!!
  • @texas_t I will actually be 37w5d on December 11th.  I hear repeat csections are typically scheduled 1 week before due date but in my case, I need to have a csection due to a previous fibroid surgery where fibroids were embedded into my uterus. Labor puts me at risk of a uterine rupture so they schedule earlier to try to avoid going into labor and it becoming an emergency csection.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lexidawg Oh yeah, I remember reading that about you! How do you feel having a solid date? I'm kinda nervous about walking in and having surgery, lol
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_T It's pretty surreal. Like as long as all goes well between now and then, I know my son's birthday!  I am SUPER nervous about an awake surgery that leads to a baby! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Hollyyyyy well, they've actually been measuring almost a week ahead since 1st tri, but never enough to move edd, so it's pretty consistent with the rest of the growth. I hope that means baby will come out fully cooked a little early!  I also worked as a hostess/server in hs and loved it! 
  • Forgot tags!

@texas_t Ly first c-section they scheduled a week ahead of my due date and I believe they’ll do the same this time. I think they just prefer to do it before you go into labor rather than be rushed if you start labor first. Also, I loved having it scheduled. It was so calm. Chaos is not my friend. It was also mid February so I didn’t have to worry about trying to get there in a snow storm  or something and having my baby in the car (hospital is 45 minutes away on a good day).

@hoosiermama-2 Sorry you’re having some anxiety about your due date. Wish I had some words of advice but just try to take care of yourself on that day. Get a special treat or something if you can. 

@morgantu Three showings! That’s so exciting! Fingers crossed something awesome comes of it!
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @morgantu I did know s/he qas measuring a bit ahead, I guess I just didn't realize it was that much! That would be awesome having a fully cooked babe come a little early!

@rosebud332 Ugh I hope your paint matches. We have the same issue with our ceilings, and it's a huge PITA trying to paint the walls (18' tall, single-story). Good luck!!
  • @mommythlegend wow, so sorry to hear about your friend's mc (I'm sure that causes a lot of feelings) and the house fire. Hope the bad luck with those near you ends soon! 
  • @lexidawg @texas_t @hoosiermama-2 Ahh I love that you all appreciate Dashboard Confessional!! I'm taking my two younger cousins who have no idea about any of their songs and I will likely embarrass them when belting out my favorites haha 

@texas_t I just saw your response about plus size maternity clothes, thank you! I actually have my first Pink Blush order being delivered today, I ordered two white tops to try for the wedding I mentioned in the other thread and a long floral kimono in case H and I decide to do maternity photos. You are right that they have some great looking pieces, I'm excited to see what the quality is like. I went with a long dress from Macy's that isn't maternity for the formal wedding and ordered a size bigger than I normally wear so fingers crossed it fits this bump! Only my work event is left now for outfits. 
  • @Hollyyyyy I haven't scheduled it yet.  :# Gotta call the lab - I'm thinking Labor Day week, probably the same day as my next appointment (which i don't have on my work calendar, whoops) but I can't remember the date now. :D 

@mommythlegend Geez, that's a lot of tough news. Hope everyone is healing as best as they can. 

@rosebud332 thank you. :heart:
  • @clbness Madrid! :heart: I loved it. 

@katy0990 Well, I failed the one-hour last time. And my doctor said she may lower my ranges this time around because of DD's size at birth vs my size (I'm not skinny but I'm small) and a little struggle with her shoulders as she came out. I was in the best shape since high school when I was pregnant with DD, and I am not even close to in shape now and have not been eating awesomely, in general. And I haven't taken an official poll, but in the current group of ~15 of us in my n16 BMB, I can't think of anyone who passed the 1 hour. (Preggo brain is probs also a big part of this haha :p Im sure a few did) AND I have a history of diabetes in my family. 
    All this + a tougher range to hit, I'd rather just do the big test once versus the 1 hour and then potentially the 3. I didn't mind the drink (sugar fiend here), but the feeling after - ugh, I felt sooo awful. 

I can relate to your college experience a bit. I went the loan$ route and wasn't working full time, but definitely 20-30 hours a week. I went to USC (university of spoiled children is one of its nicknames), soooo virtually none of my friends worked, period. But had tons of mommy/daddy money to spend. I def felt out of place sometimes - and stressed, for sure.
  • @hoosiermama-2 Thanks for sharing! I just wondered, because I have heard so many people complain about the test in general, it surprised me to hear you opt for the three hour. But, your reasoning does make sense.  I did not find the drink too terrible last time. The worst part, was afterwards, when I just felt shaky and gross. I’m not looking forward to that feeling again! 
    Initially, I started at the Universuty of Dayton, a private school where few students worked and I never met anyone else who didn’t live on campus. It was really hard to make friends and schedule group projects around my work schedule.  I ended up switching to a more commuter friendly school, which was definitely the right choice!
  • @morgantu Yeah! Sell that house!
    @texas_t I hope your GD results are good!
    @lexidawg I’m happy that your bronchitis is improving, nobody’s got time for that.
    @rosebud332 Paint matching is a butt. We just find a spot that won’t be noticed, razor off a shallow chip, and take that to get matched. Once you’re back home, paint the mini carving and everything else that matches that paint - bam.
    @mommythlegend I’m sorry your friends are going through MCs, I hope they heal up well (emotionally & physically) :heart:
    @clbness Eating without gagging is a big win! Whooo hoo!

23 weeks, and well past my MC milestone :sweat_smile:

Good! I'm having to get serious about having more little meals / snacks, but the payoff is great. More regular BMs and less intense reflux. 

Low anxiety since I can feel kiddo moving more! Granted I don't feel him all of the time, but I won't worry about frequency until 28 weeks (at least that's what my OB said).

Nothing new, just waiting for my one-hour glucose appointment later this month.

Dear Diary, DH & I closed on an investment property this week, so we'll be dealing with that next week. Can't wait to get it cleaned up and rented out (we're going to be mostly hands-off on this one, so our property manager can impress us). I also got a car cover to protect my paint from the neighbor's pine tree - I wonder how soon a nosey hooligan is going to peek under the cover at night and get disappointed that it's just a Prius :lol:

I loved my art classes! In HS I took metalsmithing then turned down a university scholarship for metal because I was 17 and too busy for college. So when I finally took another metalsmithing class 10+ years later I didn't want to leave the studio...but had to because my degree is technical writing, not arts. 
    When LO is in preschool (or regular school) I plan on auditing as many non-painting/drawing art classes as possible. Hopefully we'll be near a university that offers those classes FX. Who knows, maybe I'll get a studio art degree for funsies.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Update: GD results not good. Failed the one hour and on to the 3 hour. I need to call.and schedule it.  :'(
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t I’m sorry you didn’t get better news! Fx you pass the 3 hour and that it isn’t too big of a hassle.
  • @texas_t Ughh, so sorry! We’ll be here for
    you to vent to during your long-ass time at the lab. 
  • Thanks y'all.  I failed the one hour with my son but passed all 3 parts of the 3 hour and DS1 was 9lb9oz with blood sugar issues. I wonder if maybe I did end up developing GD later in pregnancy? I gained a lot of weight with him.  I guess we'll find out...
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t Ugh so sorry you didn’t pass. Fx you pass that 3 hour with flying colors.
  • @texas_t Ah damn. Good luck tomorrow!

@katy0990 That does sound scary, but I am glad to hear it's fairly common and likely will resolve itself  <3

@clbness Yay for maybe feeling LO! Mine started off slowly, just at night, also, and then suddenly within a week it was like non stop! Hopefully the kicks become more prominent/consistent soon!
  • @texas_t I’m glad you got through it. When do you expect results?
  • Ah, that little voice. I remember hearing it when I planned to POAS and the voice said “Finish your wine first, woman” ...so I did. 

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango I mean... typically it gives good advice!  :D Hence why I'm going to AYCE sushi tonight ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Mmm, sushi. Have a spicy salmon roll and think of me! I might have to pencil in a sushi meal next week :smiley:

Anniversary