March 2019 Moms
Options

FFFC 8/17

Tell me your secrets! *

*Not guaranteed to be flame free.
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: FFFC 8/17

• Options
    I am very excited to be a FTM but I'm also introverted and need occasional alone time to destress. Part of me is really concerned I'll never have a moment to breathe alone once the baby comes and that this will make me really unhappy and stressed all the time. Then I feel bad for feeling this way.
  • Options
    @mayoduck DH and I are both introverts so I definitely understand the concern! Nap time and bedtime are wonderful for parent recharging time. And if you’re having a tough day I definitely recommend asking YH or family to watch the lo so you can get some time to yourself. Self care is important!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mayoduck I agree with everything @lelkcot said.  Also, find a great babysitter whom you trust; even an hour away can help you recharge.
  • Options
    My confession: I try to act all cool like I don't care that DD2 isn't potty trained yet but I am actually freaking out about it all the time. I told myself we would do it this summer but we are always out and about with activities. I took a few days to try and she screamed and screamed for her diaper so i gave in. I feel like I get the side eye all the time for not having trained her yet. She will be 3 next month. For what it's worth, she also has crazy poop issues. 

• Options
    @shrub SAME but with DD1!  She'll be 3 in January.  I keep blaming her not being potty trained on her molars. The whole thing is stressing me out HARD.
  • Options
    @mayoduck I'm an introvert and a homebody too. I felt for a long time like DD is my safety blanket in social situations, all the focus was on her and not on me. But it is very easy to get touched out and just needing to be by yourself. I'm also really bad about recognizing I need that break until I've snapped at everyone. Usually MH then sends me upstairs away from the baby to take a nap, read, or watch tv. It's about balance and as much as I love my daughter, I know after 10 months at home with her that I'm not cut out to be a SAHM and I need adult time on my own.
  • Options
    @lelkcot @dtspmama @meggyme thanks so much for sharing your experiences as introverted STMs! It's nice to know I'm not alone in feeling that way and that it is possible to get away sometimes.
  • Options
    @mayoduck Fellow introvert here. I may have a slightly different perspective, but when my daughter was little, time with her still kind of felt like alone time to me. Because she had been a physical part of me for so long, she kind of felt like an extension of me until she got mobile. 

One thing I always did was to insist on at least 30 mins each day to myself to exercise, once I got cleared that is. I get a lot of anxiety if I don’t exercise, and it’s something that really helps me feel like myself (and not just a milk machine). 
  • Options
    I think I'm going to get flamed for these...maybe.

1st: I really don't care if my son cusses. I don't let him, because I don't want to be judged by people. If I had it my way, I'd let him talk however he wants as long as its respectful. If he said sh*t because he dropped something it really wouldn't bother me. Since I let him out in public, I don't let him swear. It would just make life easier if I didn't need to correct him for saying things like sh*t or d*mn when appropriately used. 

2nd: I don't feel mom guilt. I work 40 + hours a week and I don't feel guilty that my son is cared for by his teacher and grandparents. I don't feel guilty when my mom keeps him for a whole weekend once a month either. He loves it. I'm sure the mom guilt would happen if my son didn't like spending time with the people he does, but he asks to see my mom and usually is the one who wants to stay the whole weekend. I know there will come a day when he doesn't want to spend the whole weekend with his grandma so I let my mom have her time with him. It also lets my husband and I reconnect. I think it has helped us keep our relationship strong because of it. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse no flames here. My 2 year old has started randomly exclaiming "Ship!" haha. When she's old enough to differentiate when it's appropriate or not, I don't think we'll care if she cusses. We both do it. And my daughter is so advanced in her language compared to my friends whose toddlers are not in daycare and she enjoys playing with all her friends each day that I have absolutely no regrets sending her there.
  • Options
    My 2 year old also has very advanced language and loves to say damn / damn it, and she has not used it in the wrong context yet! It is hilarious but we are trying to get her to say “boogers” instead. She does pretty good with that and often corrects us “mom/dad you’re supposed to say boogers!” Other times she whispers it under her breath with a sly smile and a side eye. 

We are getting ready to send her to a part time day care/early preschool and are a little nervous about it as no one besides us and my inlaws have ever watched her. I know the employees care for the kids because I used to work at a day care in high school, but still the rare horror stories make us uneasy (especially DH). I have to keep reminding him all the fun activities and learning she will get to do, rather than watching TV with Memaw all day. 

FFFC: DH has lost over a 100 lbs in the last year and he looks and feels amazing, and I am super proud of/ecstatic for him. I’m also a little annoyed about how good he is sticking to his diet because now my junk food is that much more obvious and I miss eating “yummy” stuff together. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    Spiders don't bother me (as long as they don't build webs where I walk) but any cockroach I see must die. Preferably a slow and painful death. My method of choice is to suck them up in the vacuum cleaner and let them rot in the dust bin.