Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday August 2018

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.*** 

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday! You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. 

I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons

When do you think you will start TTC?

What brings you to WRW? 

Any R/R? 

GTKY: What is your favorite cartoon from your childhood?

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday August 2018

• When do you think you will start TTC? mid-September

What brings you to WRW? My husband and I go to an ethnic festival every year around Labor Day weekend/for my birthday, so we'll be done with big drinking events after that. 

Any R/R? 
    Rant: I haven't gotten a full night's sleep in almost a week for various reasons (which means I haven't been temping). This morning, it was the construction crew rolling down my street at 5:00 a.m. There's a school behind my property that they're renovating for this school year and there's still a lot to be done. I really hope this doesn't become a daily thing until school starts...
    Rave: Tomorrow's my anniversary! :) I like to keep up with anniversary themes, and since four years is flowers and fruit, DH and I are going to a local vineyard this weekend. (The other option for four years is appliances, and we joke that we took care of that last fall when we bought a new fridge. :p )

I've recently gotten back into Sailor Moon. My husband has been watching them with me and now calls me "Usagi." :p They have all of the original episodes on Hulu, but the Japanese with English subtitles are hard to read and the English dub versions are not the same dialogue and voice actors as the ones I grew up with. I never watched the later seasons with the Outer Scouts, but I'd be willing to get into those too. 
  • When do you think you will start TTC? In October. 

What brings you to WRW? We'll start trying to get pregnant after our trip to Vegas and after I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding. I've never been in a bridal party, except as the bride, and I am so excited! I just got my dress yesterday and I look awesome in it.

Any R/R? Rant: I'm a piano teacher and it drives me CRAZY when parents treat me as their babysitter. Today I had a student tell me that his parents were going to be 10 minutes late picking him up because they were dropping siblings off at summer camps. He was my last lesson of the day, so I just sat with him for an extra 10 minutes instead of spending time with my family. I don't mind sitting there if your parents ran into traffic or there was an emergency, but I'm not your baby sitter!
    Rave: We just went to the county fair last weekend and our daughter had such a good time we're taking her to the little amusement nearby. She loved going on the rides at the fair, but it was so hot we had to leave after just a couple rides, so I'm super excited let her ride as many as she wants this weekend since it's cooler.

GTKY: What is your favorite cartoon from your childhood? Pokemon. Hands down. I buy my daughter way too many Pikachu toys. I might be projecting a little. The pediatrician asked us about screen time and our daughter totally called us out and said she loves watching pokemon (she's 3yo  :D ).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @aliciac2008 That's awesome! I've never been in a bridal party either except my own. I've pretty much given up hope of ever being asked :confused: I only watched Pokemon the one year the kids at my school agreed it was "cool," but DH was a huge fan. He even had a binder filled with Pokemon cards (which got stolen out of his locker :neutral:). Sometimes we'll watch the old episodes together on Netflix. I remembered a surprising amount of details for only watching it for a year! 
    (To be clear, we watch grown-up shows too, not just 90s cartoons  :D)
  • edited August 2018
    When do you think you will start TTC? I'm hoping October, I thought it was going to be this month or next but it's just not looking this way.

What brings you to WRW? Back problems (SI dysfunction)

Any R/R?  Rave: My biopsy results came back and the tumor was benign! Hooray for no cancer!

It's suppose to drop down into the 80's this weekend for the first time in weeks! I'm super excited! If I wanted to take my son to the park we had to go right after breakfast or right before bedtime in order for it to be bearable. 

GTKY: What is your favorite cartoon from your childhood? I don't know if I have just one, but I remember liking Doug, Tale Spin, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, and Gummy Bears. 

@aliciac2008 - How fun for being a bridesmaid! It can be so exciting, but stressful (depending upon those who are involved). I'm super excited to take my son to the state fair next month. I think he's going to have a lot of fun with the rides and seeing the animals. 

@hestia14 - Have fun on your trip this weekend! Appliances don't sound nearly as romantic. :smile:

• @hestia14 This is pretty much my only chance of being a bridesmaid, so that is certinely adding to the excitment. I am definitely a homebody and prefer hanging out at home with my family, so I don't have too many friends. You mentioned you watched Sailor Moon a lot. Have you seen many Miyazaki movies? If you haven't yet you should check them out. Some of the best animated movies of all time.

@spacemountianeer I think that is a probably one of the best raves of all time! I'm sure that must be a huge sigh of relief for you. Congrats. 

• @spacemountianeer Congratulations!! Talk about a relief  :)

@aliciac2008 I haven't heard of those movies. What are they about? (Is your signature a screenshot from one of them?)
  • @hestia14 They are anime movies directed and written by Hayao Miyazaki. The studio (Studio Ghibli) is pretty much the Disney of Japan. The animation is incredible. My favorite thing is they pay attention to every detail, even if it's not important to the plot. My favorites are Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. I also really like Totoro (screenshot in my signature) for a more innocent, kid friendly movie. Check them out if you can find them and let me know what you think. I always love to convert people to Miyazaki movies. 

• When do you think you will start TTC?

Benched until my SO makes an appointment with his doctor to explore our options on his end. Once we figure all that out he wants to wait until our son is 2 so around November 2019 hopefully sooner. 

What brings you to WRW?

Benched ☹️

Any R/R? 

Rants: My 9 month old has not been sleeping through the night the past week or so, I’m dying. 

Raves: It’s because he’s getting teeth!!

Courage the Cowardly Dog!

• Hi @haemgraffiti ! Hope everything turns our okay for your SO. My sister loved Courage the Cowardly Dog -- that and The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. She was the spooky one and I was the nerdy one  :p
  • When do you think you will start TTC? Hopefully in the next month or so! We're mostly waiting on some remodeling stuff to wrap up and I have a few pre-parenthood bucket list things I'm hoping to pack in before I have to be a responsible adult. 

What brings you to WRW? New and exploring the community and wanting to get to know some of you fine folks--I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of each other over the next year or so!

Any R/R? 
    Rant - Contractors were supposed to be almost done with repair/remodeling work by now; they just started.
    Rave - In the last few weeks, I prepared super hard for a trial, was ready to bring it, and then crushed the case last week with a motion before we even had to subject our client to the risk of trial.

Scooby Doo!
    First baby due February 21, 2019
    Located in Columbia, SC
  • Welcome @babylawyer! It's been pretty quiet around BOTB lately, but I hope some changes made to the TTGP board will encourage those of us waiting to post in BOTB more often. (@eleven_ , YGPM.) 
    Ugh, I know how you feel about contractors dragging their feet. The contractors and construction crew I mentioned at the beginning of this month are still behind my house working on the school. It looks a lot better even from a few weeks ago, but I'm ready to not have my mornings interruped by slamming dump truck hatches again. Hopefully they'll pick up the pace for your project!
  •  Hi all. I introed a few months ago and then things got super quiet around here. Now that things seems to be a bit more active, I hope you don't mind if I join you.  :)

When do you think you will start TTC? January 2019

What brings you to WRW? I was active on TTGP back in 2015-16 and now that we're planning on TFAS, I thought this would be a fun place to hang out before we officially start TTC again. 

Any R/R?  Rave: My ILs have announced that they're moving to FL sometime this fall (we're up in the northeast) and I'm trying to hide my excitement about this from H.  :D

GTKY: What is your favorite cartoon from your childhood? Animaniacs!
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Yay! More people on this board! I'm posting ocassionally in the TTGP board, but this one definitely feels more like where I belong right now. 

@klstone25 Oh in-laws. I could fill a book with all the complaints I have against my in-laws. They are both super nice to me, but they both do things that bug me SOOOO much. I am very thankful that they each come to baby sit my daughter once a week, but that also means that they are each in my house once a week and THEY DO NOT PICK UP AFTER THEMSELVES! So frustrating.

• Welcome back @klstone25! So glad there's more of us in WRW :)
  • Thanks for the warm welcome @hestia14 and @aliciac2008

@aliciac2008 Same here. My ILs are nice and I do love their relationship with my DD. But they can drive me absolutely insane at times, so having some distance will be good. Right now, they're only a 20 minute drive from us, so we see them A LOT. lol
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24