October 2018 Moms
Options

UO 8/16

We're getting pretty tame in this department ladies. Hit me with some good ones 

Re: UO 8/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214 I think that's most of our main complaint. It's easier to figure out what we haven't seen yet on here.
  • Options
    I agree. I also don't get notifications for new posts unless I already commented on. I find it hard to keep up because I never know what I have read or not. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    Agreed. I'm hoping it gets easier once we make the official 100% transition and all commit. 
  • Options
    Same for me as @sliztee lol I'm an admin and I definitely like the bump forum better...
  • Options
    I think those hairstyles where you shave part of your head, like the underlayer or the side are dumb. The look nice on some people, but why would anyone want half their head shaved and half of it long? 
    DH did this with DD's hair this summer (he's the stay at home parent, so he has to deal with her hair more than I do). It's not my favorite look for her but it has kept her cooler, and is less hair to deal with brushing. She's had fewer tangles and overall, it's been a win. She wears her hair down 90% of the time so you can't even tell. She hates having her hair brushed and this has pretty much solved that problem. 

I wouldn't do it to myself, though, for sure. And I'm not really sure what we'll do with her as it grows out. She had a pixie cut for awhile, and it was cute, but I think she wants to keep her hair longer now, so it's going to be interesting. 
  • Options
    I have it set so that I get notified when a new post is made 
  • Options
    This reminds me that I need to join the FB group...
  • Options
    @jennybean80 yeah. It just seems like a lot of upkeep to me. I know tons of people say it’s lighter and cooler. I just don’t get it. 

So on my N15 BMB we don’t do any “threads” except for toddler Tuesday. Everyone just makes posts and we comment as we like. That being said, the mists are mostly baby/kid related questions or venting sessions, there’s not a lot of random chatter.

Also if you click in the right corner of a post you can turn on notifications for the post, even if you haven’t commented. It doesn’t send you notifications for replies to comments though.
  • Options
    Yeah, I turn on notifications for the randoms if I haven’t had anything to say yet so I stay caught up. My other BMB there’s different people who volunteered to do each thread as well. So the same person posts the Monday randoms, someone does Toddler Tuesday, someone does Tuesday randoms, etc. So it doesn’t fall on one person to do it daily or get missed. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    Remembering who is who is the hardest.
  • Options
    For every bmb I've had to just start over with knowing who is who on fb, I don't even remember people's bump names anymore. So it's kind of like starting from scratch. Since I've done it twice before, it doesn't bother me. In fact, the admins pinning that gtky is way better than previous bmbs. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018