January 2019 Moms

Do you Insta(Pot)?

galactickatesgalactickates member
edited August 2018 in January 2019 Moms
I recieved an instapot for a wedding present last year and have yet to use it.  I'm thinking it would be great for frozen meals or easy meals for after baby comes.  

Let's help keep each other fed  :D

Share your InstaPot (IP) recipes here! 

Re: Do you Insta(Pot)?

• Loading the player...
  • @galactickates so I personally suggest starting with something super simple just to get used to the pot! It’s really not as scary as it seems. My first ‘recipe’ was just chicken breast that I shredded and used for the week for various meals. 

https://www.thereciperebel.com/instant-pot-shredded-chicken/
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• I saw this and totally thought you meant Instagram  :D
    Just trying to get it some attention  :D
  • I've had an Instant Pot for almost a year and have only used it twice. I can't get into it!
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @saltedcaramel518 - Wut?? You use your kitchen aid mixer to shred chicken? What attachment? This is a game changer for me. I need details.  Please  :)
  • @saltedcaramel518 - Wut?? You use your kitchen aid mixer to shred chicken? What attachment? This is a game changer for me. I need details.  Please  :)
    Just the normal white beater. It's a total game changer! 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• @galactickates I use either the flat beater or the wire whip to shred chicken. Also, I've used the hand mixer lol
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @saltedcaramel518 We make that salsa chicken once a week at least! So easy and versatile!
  • Welp I've been completely underutilizing my kitchen aid mixer. 
  • I use my instant pot a few times a week. I love it for shredding chicken breasts. I also make spaghetti in it. When fall comes I’ll be using it to make soups and chilli to freeze for when baby boy arrives. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I definitely instagram, but not instapot. BUT... I love the SkinnyTaste website, and she does a lot with the instapot, and creates some great healthy recipes. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Dang I have to admit I haven't used mine in months, so I'm loving this inspiration

This was a favorite, I've made a few times (Zuppa Toscana/knockoff of the Olive Garden soup):

https://marginmakingmom.com/instant-pot-zuppa-toscana/?utm_content=bufferc7622&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=budgetbytesbuffer

Me (28) & DH (35)
    Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
    TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
    NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

• We love our InstaPot! We've made pulled chicken AND pulled Pork in it with huge success. We once made 2 pork shoulders at one time..one in the crockpot for 6 hours, the other in the instapot for 90 minutes. They were EQUALLY as tender and easy to shred! The shredded chicken took 30 minutes (plus about 10 minutes to reach pressure before cooking and 5 minutes to release naturally before manually releasing). I want to do Greek yogurt, but haven't yet. We've made quick terryaki chicken, too, and it's fabulous.

We're still pretty new, though, so I would love more recipes!

Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • I saw this and totally thought you meant Instagram  :D
    Just trying to get it some attention  :D
    Lmao! I thought so too and went, “giiiiirl. Too soon!” Hahaha honestly I wouldn’t care for some of you to know but I’m still cautious about catfish  :D

In other news, yes, we have instapot and it is awesome. Do you follow Skinnytaste FB page? I know the name throws you off a bit but her recipes are really good!! She has a lot of instant pot recipes that even my husband likes. Check it out!!!
  • Same @galactickates I had no idea the Kitchen Aid could be used for MEAT purposes! Any of you follow Half Baked Harvest or other good food blogs? Starting to check some out again for meal prep purposes, and Half Baked Harvest posted a great looking IP recipe yesterday - Chipotle Cheddar Corn Chowder 
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @AliKay20 - I haven't heard of skinny taste but i'll check it out.  I'm always looking for new recipes.  And @Kabazaba that corn chowder looks awesome!
  • I’m always looking for good low carb instant pot recipes. It’s not quite as much of a time saver since I still have to make a separate carb, plus I have to make all my sauces (garlic and onion free and low carb) but I still like it. 

We like this lentil and sausage soup, but it’s a little tough for me to carb count now.

https://lemon.press/recipe/pressure-cooker-lentil-and-sausage-soup/

I’ve also successfully cooked a whole chicken in it a few times.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I've had an instapot for 4 years and only recently started getting into it. I'm a terrible meal planner and love that I can take frozen meat and cook it in so little time:) 'm so excited for this thread. 
  • I’ve had one for a few months and was just starting to get the hang of it when I got KU and the morning sickness started. The one of first things I made in it after that I thought smelled completely awful and was ruined, made H go get dinner, and then when he went to throw it away he said it smelled the same as always. :D so that happened and I haven’t tried again since.

that said, my favorite recipe I’ve tried is the skinny taste chicken tikka masala! The last time I subbed butternut squash in place of the cauliflower in the recipe and ate it over cauliflower rice. It was delicious. Maybe I’ll give that a try again soon and see if I can unbench it... 
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• +1 to skinny taste! Not just her instant pot recipes either!

@PolarBear517 oh man I am totally trying that zuppa toscana next week! I am obsessed with that soup. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• I just got one for my birthday last week and so excited to play with it! Can you basically use the same crock-pot recipes but expedite in the IP? I have a butternut squash soup crock-pot recipe I loooove but faster would be nice ;)
  • I've always thought about getting an IP but never pulled the trigger.  A few months ago it was btwn that and an air fryer but DH pulled hard for the air fryer and we do love it.  Maybe I'll look into the IP for xmas.
  • Yesterday we didn't want to make a complicated dinner, so I started a pot of rice, and DH started this instapot recipe for Teriyaki Chicken. I warmed up some frozen veggies to mix in when it was done. It was EASY, but also healthy and super good. Both the rice and the instapot you just start and let it go until it's done :)

https://chelsealeblancrdn.com/instant-pot-chicken-teriyaki/

• Made this tonight, but with fresh green peppers, frozen corn, and frozen carrots instead of cilantro & onions. I added 1tbsp of soy sauce instead of 1tsp, since I love soy sauce. DELICIOUS! The rice came out perfectly moist, almost creamy.

• @saltedcaramel518 I love the chicken salsa! So good. I also like to add a can of black beans and a can of corn sometimes! You can also do it in the slow cooker. 
    I will definitely be checking out all of your recipes because I currently can’t eat red meat and I need some new chicken inspiration!