December 2018 Moms

after cerclage issues

I want to ask .. did any one face mucus discharge....,i m 20+4 week now... had cerclage last week but yesterday saw mucus on my panty.. have thick mucus daily.....worried? Anyone facing this ....is it normal?

Re: after cerclage issues

• hkomhkom member
    Hi @sim1984 I don't believe anyone in the December 18 group has a cerclage.  I would definitely call your doctor right away if you are concerned about anything.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Hey @sim1984
    I don’t have a cerclage but might need one soon. I’ve been reading up on it and asking my docs questions. One of the reasons we are holding off and doing more investigations first is because of the risks of cerclage, which include the procedure triggering activity/labour. Definitely talk to your doctor/reach out to your OB triage nurse ASAP. 
  • Loading the player...
  • .. i called .. she told me to track it for a week .. as its clear white... but just to relax my mind i m looking for mom who had experienced it.. Thanx for your reply
  • Ok..barristerninja.. wats your cervix length? Which week are u in? 
  • They told me 2 cm on Tuesday and then ‘less than 2’ on Thursday, but there was a measuring issue on Tuesday. I’ll get measured again Monday. The hope is that it will steady or improve with the progesterone I’m taking. 

Have you tried the other BMBs? 

I’m 22+4 today. Good luck!!
  • Ok.. mine was 2.7 at 19 week but started funneling.. so they gave me stitch in 20 weeks..no i have not tried other BMB’s..
  • I've been a peeping tom on the Dec board as I'm due the first week in January with my second. My cervix was measuring 2.2cm at my 20 week ultrasound last week so I'm on modified bedrest and started progesterone. Any updates here? All signs point to a December baby for me at this point but hoping for good news at my follow-up appointment next week.
  • hkomhkom member
    edited August 2018
    @parentingishard There is a thread on this board called Hospital Stay where 2 of us (including me) are discussing being on bed rest for cervix issues!  I may change the title of it to being a general bed rest thread, as it just started about my particular issues but others have jumped in as well.  But feel free to ask any questions! Good luck with your appointment next week! I hope baby stays in there for a long time! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @parentingishard hii.. how r u now? My doctor told if the cervix length is on edge of 2.5 cm in 20 weeks then one must go for cerclage... so we go for that... r u going for cerclage?
  • cfnative5cfnative5 member
    edited September 2018
    I have a cerclage! This is my 3rd cerclage actually and an increase in discharge is definitely normal. My cervical length is hanging out around 3cm this time so I'm extremely thankful. I got my 1st cerclage when I was pregnant with our 3rd baby and it was so scary! I was down to 2cm and had funneling very early. I only made it to 35 weeks when my membranes ruptured before I could get the cerclage out. Our daughter had to stay in the NICU for 2 weeks due to weak lungs and IUGR. She was only 3lbs when she was born. With my 2nd cerclage (4th baby), I was able to hold out till 36 weeks when the cerclage ripped through the back side of my cervix. We took the cerclage out and baby stayed put until they decided to do a c-section at 38 weeks due to IUGR. Although he was a healthy 5lb 14oz when he was born.