December 2018 Moms

STM+ Check In 8.15

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How old is/are your other LOs?

Nails and fails from this week:

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:

GTKY: What is your favorite activity to do with your other kiddo(s)?

Re: STM+ Check In 8.15

• Loading the player...
  • @PensiveCrayon Is the chiropractor helping?
  • @maureenmce Enjoy your girls’ weekend!
    @Jens_Hoes Putting the poop in the mouth sounds like something DS would do. Yuck!
  • @maureenmce DD lost a nail this spring (she got an infection when she ripped off her cuticle). I was surprised at how quickly it grew back, hopefully you'll be surprised, too. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @maureenmce it’s interesting you bring up your DD losing nails. My daughter looks like she’s going to lose her one ring finger nail. I read it can take 4-6 months to grow back  :(
  • @Jens_Hoes I went back to find the first picture of took of DD's nail, when I first noticed it had separated from the cuticle. It was May 14, and her nail has completely regrown in that time and is as long as any of her others (she had a mani two weeks ago with my sister and it looked completely normal), so again, it might be quicker than you think :) 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @runrinserepeat Oh that would be awesome if the regrowth happens that fast. Did you do anything special to keep the nail bed clean or anything while it was regrowing? DD is basically a dirt monster so I am slightly worried about infection or other issues.

Also, when did you start allowing your kiddos to do mani pedis? My DD has shown interest lately in mama's "color toes" and I was thinking 3? 4? 
  • @maureenmce for a week or two we had to soak in warm water 1-2x a day, and apply a special antibiotic ointment to it 3x a day, because of the infection she had. We tried to keep a band aid on it all the time, but it just wasn’t realistic for a 6 yo. I do think she used that thumb a little less because it was more sensitive, so it didn’t get as dirty as I would have thought. 

Im trying to remember the first time I took her for a mani, maybe when she was 5? We’ve allowed her to paint her nails/have painted nails since she was a toddler, just used kid-friendly stuff until she was 3-4 years old. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @Jens_Hoes grooosss to the cow poop! 

How far along are you? How big is baby?

24+4 - size of a puffin!

How old is/are your other LOs?
    DS will be 22 months in a couple of weeks.

Nails and fails from this week:
    NAIL: GOT DS INTO A BIG BOY BED SUCCESSFULLY!!! His room is still not 100% done but it's just about there. I'll post some photos once it's done because we're defintiely not decorators or painters but I think it's super cool. We did a Thomas the train room for him. DOUBLE NAIL: I've started to take him off bottles! straw cup at home now so i just have to get daycare to turn in their bottles.

FAIL: Kid got his first scraped knee at a wedding on Saturday. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:
    I'm  working on placing him in another day care for when he turns 2 but I'm a little worried I'm being selfish. His daycare location just isn't convenient right now. I just worry about moving him end of October then making him part time or hauling him out in December. 

GTKY: What is your favorite activity to do with your other kiddo(s)?

anything! He's so much fun at this age! We were off last week since his day care was closed and we went to the beach, the farm to feed animals, went strawberry picking, did lots of lunches out, went to a wedding, went swimming, to a giant festival with bouncy castles and food, and he's been such a pile of fun!! 

• @CecilB93 The blatantly ignoring us thing has been happing here, too. The only thing that seems to help is putting him in the corner for 2 minutes. Have you tried that?
    @pensivecrayon I’m glad you managed to avoid HFM and that he had a mild case. That stuff is nasty!
    @kristah2 Congratulations on the big boy bed transition! Don’t they seem so much bigger when they are no longer in the crib?
  • @katy0990 YES! I keep saying to my husband that he looks so tall and he's just so big and independent now! 
  • @mcgeeva, no. I work full time, DH stays home with the kids. And yes, it's going to be crazy - I handle drop offs, but DH will have to handle pick ups and taking DD to ballet and gymnastics - and we'll have to get back on a better sleep schedule and get used to homework and all that crap again, but I feel like both kids respond SO much better to having a little structure in their days! Plus, I know my house will be cleaner since DH will have 3 mornings a week without any kids (at least for the first half of the year!)
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @runrinserepeat 100% agree with structure. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @katy0990 we do timeout, he sits on the stairs until he stops screaming (crying is okay, but he straight up screams as loud as he can), then we talk about why he was put there, mommy explains things, then we hug and he usually listens. Not so much with eating though...he refuses to eat dinner or will take a bite knowing he's going to spit it out anyways and make us mad for spitting food on the floor.

@mcgeeva I have Christmas pj pants to make for all of us (NB size has been cut), a maternity shirt and matching cardigan for myself, 2-3 promised pairs of pj pants for DS (he picked the fabric at JoAnn's), plus when I get the fabric I'll have Christmas pj shirts for all 4, and a shirt for DH with fabric from his favorite video game, probably boxers too. Next week I'm doing a sew-a-long for a sweatshirt with a maternity modification, and eventually DH wants me to make one too since the pattern has men's and women's sizes. It's a lot when I type it out!!! Lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 Holy cow that is a ton! Where do you find the time to do this??? 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @mcgeeva I don't :joy: lately I've been working on things at night after dinner or in the weekends when DS is napping. The Christmas stuff is at the bottom of my list, but still something I plan to work on over the next couple months. I'm being induced no later than 12/6 if I don't go into labor naturally, so I know come November/December I likely won't sew too much leading up to Christmas.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18