January 2019 Moms

Weekly Ticker Change: EDD January 1-7 (W/O 8/13)

EDD?

Symptoms?

Upcoming appointments?

R/R/Q:

GTKY: 
 Do you have any pets? What kind and what are their names?
DH: 29 | Me: 29 
Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
DD: 10/5/16
TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
DS: 1/9/19
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Ticker Change: EDD January 1-7 (W/O 8/13)

• EDD? 1/7

Symptoms? 
    Heartburn, RLP, some discomfort in my back here and there.

Upcoming appointments? 
    Anatomy scan next week.

R/R/Q:
    I was visiting my family last week and I caught a cold from my mom. I've been trying to rest the last few days but I go back to school Wednesday and I'm hoping to have it kicked by then.
    DH is leaving tomorrow for work for potentially up to two weeks, sort of unexpectedly. (His coworker who was supposed to go got shingles so it could be worse!) We're both extra bummed because he really wanted to come to the U/S and the appointment to discuss the results, but now he'll be gone for them.

GTKY: 
     Do you have any pets? What kind and what are their names? Nope. I'm so not a pet person! DH would like to get a small dog down the line, but for a lot of reasons that's not gonna happen. #sorrynotsorry
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD? 1/1

SYMPTOMS? Overall just sore and my feet have been swelling a bit.  I also am always on my feet so that might have something to do with it.

UPCOMING APPOINTMENTS?  Finally get to go for my anatomy scan tomorrow morning and I'm lucky and get to have another iron infusion Wednesday so its a busy week.

R/R/Q:  people in general are annoying me lately and its close family - my mom, MIL, FIL, etc so its been bugging me.  Also my DS starts kindergarten in 3 wks and I'm bummed about that.

GTKY: Do you have any pets? What kind and what are their names?  I have a jack russell who will be 2 in September.  He's adorable, loveable, rotten and a pain all at the same time.  But we love him.  His name is Tucker and here's a pic! 

• Loading the player...
  • EDD? January 7

Symptoms? 
    Right now, nothing really. I am exhausted by the end of the day and peeing all the time. I still am having occasional spells of my blood pressure dropping really low suddenly, but overall I'm feeling good.

Upcoming appointments? 
    A/S this Thursday and finding out the sex!

R/R/Q: 
    I'm starting to feel more consistent kicks throughout the day but mainly at night :)

GTKY: 
     Do you have any pets? What kind and what are their names? We have 4 dogs and a cat. Our dogs are Bo (lab mix, 9 years old), June (golden/lab mix, 8 years old), Loretta (lab/shepherd mix, 7 years old), and Bama (golden/lab mix, 6 years old). Our cat is a tortoise shell cat named Wynona and she's about 5 years old (we rescued her from a shelter). Also, *TW* we did have a golden retriever we rescued about a year ago. We guessed his age was around 7. Last Friday, we had to say goodbye to him. He had had trouble walking for about 2 weeks and we assumed his hips were bothering him. It got to the point that we were having to lift his back end and help him down the stairs about a week or so ago. Then late last week I was literally having to carry him in and out of the house and hold him up to go to the bathroom. When we took him to the vet on Friday, it turns out it wasn't his hips that were causing the issue (although they said he probably had arthritis because they guessed his age to be closer to 12) but that he had cancerous masses all over his body and spinal cord. *End TW*
    BabyFruit Ticker

• EDD?
    01/02/19

Symptoms?

Feeling pretty good lately but I starting to get cravings for sweets like crazy which is really out of character for me.

Upcoming appointments?
    Not until 8/29

R/R/Q:
    I have to go to a bachelorette party out of town on the lake this weekend with 17 other girls which I am really starting to dread. I have a feeling I'm going to be sober mommy to everyone and feel like giant whale in my swimsuit...yay...

GTKY: 
    We have a giant poodle mix named Teddy who is 8 years old (we rescued him when he was 4 years old). @emmaaa I'm so sorry to hear about your golden! We had a similar scare last week with our dog where he was vomiting and having diarrhea so bad that he was bleeding and once dogs get to a certain age you think every time there is an issue like that it's The final time. Luckily Teddy is doing much better with a round of antibiotics but man I was blubbering like a baby in the emergency vet clinic all night waiting for his x-rays thinking it was our last night with him. Thinking about you and your family, losing a dog is really hard.
  • <3@KLS123 Awh I' so glad Teddy is recovering! We had to have another dog put to sleep last January from stomach cancer and she was DH's dog from high school and 13/14 years old. It's hard seeing your dogs get older and worrying about when that final time may be. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• tosh24tosh24 member
    edited August 2018
    1/7 - 19+0 today

The pregnancy runs have come back much to my dismay. Ugh. Also had 2-3 days late last week where my all day nausea made a re-appearance. It was awful. Had a migraine for like 4 days straight and today is the first day I woke up and don't feel the throbbing or pressure. Getting energy back which is nice! Major RLP and sore lower back. *May* have another UTI. I feel better than yesterday but going to give it today to see if the symptoms are still hanging around before I go to the doctor - so hard to know if the aching, sore pelvis, and constant peeing are just normal pg symptoms or a UTI since those are the only UTI symptoms I get when pg anyway....

No appointments until September. I have a doppler of the placenta on September 4 (I had a low placental growth factor result in my 1st tri blood work) and then an OB appointment on the 5th.

I have a 9 year old Russian Blue (cat) named Molson. I hate his name but DH convinced DD that's what we should name him when we brought him home so, yeah. I also have a 2 year old dark brindle French Bulldog named Winston. I can't imagine not having pets! I grew up with cats and dogs and hamsters and rabbits and fish. I don't always love the extra work of having pets to look after, but I think it's really important for the kids to have that connection with and care for other animals.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• tosh24tosh24 member
    edited August 2018
    @emmaaa I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Losing a furry family member is so devastating. I had a similar thing happen with my family dog (black lab) from high school. He started having trouble walking and getting up and down and it turns out he had a tumour on his spine. He was pretty old so the decision was made to put him down. We got him when I was 14 and he passed away when I was in my late 20's but I still miss him every day. He was the best dog.

@KLS123 Glad teddy is feeling better!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @emmaaa so sorry to hear about your dog :( 

EDD: 12/28/18

Symptoms: Heartburn, shortness of breath, constipation

Rave: I’m starting to feel kicks from the outside! I also start tutoring at my new job this week. 

Rant: I forgot lemons at the store yesterday so now I have to drink boring, plain water. 

GTKY: We have two rescue dogs. Jack is a Jack Russell mix but he is not hyper at all. He’s my sweet baby bear. He also loves to chase squirrels. Scout is a  Chihuahua/Dauchsand mix and she is miss bossy pants. She like to growl at Jack for being near her food, ball, or when he jumps on the couch to join us. Jack is 9 and Scout is 8. We got Jack when he was about a year old and Scout since she was about 3-4 months old. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD?
    1/4

Symptoms?
    Tired, hungry, bh, rlp, lack of patience...

Upcoming appointments?
    Anatomy scan next week!  :o

R/R/Q:
    My kids were sick today so I stayed home to help my husband.  I'm tired and have changed so much poop today, I feel like I already have a newborn again.

GTKY: 
    Nope!  We love animals but have zero desire to have them in our house any time soon.  My husband's standpoint on it is we have two kids with a third on the way, we can't imagine being responsible for another life right now.  My husband also grew up with his mom owning 10 cats minimum his whole life so he's really just glad he's gotten to live five years without cat pee on literally everything he owns.
  • EDD? 1/3

Symptoms? 
    Tailbone pain (I feel you @leighbrek), leg cramps, food aversions still but no puking this week! Woohoo

Upcoming appointments? 
    A/S on Thursday!

R/R/Q: 
    So I tried the suggestions about trying to have sex in the mornings to see if I'd be more in the mood. Mid-way through, insane charlie horse and I'm screaming in pain. That was fun, haha. I did not recover mood wise, afterwards. 

GTKY: 
     Do you have any pets? What kind and what are their names? I have a 9 year old (we think), 11 lb. rescue Poodle-Bichon (we think) named Maxine. She is the sweetest cuddler you'll ever meet. She's great with the toddlers in the neighborhood and right now likes to nap with me on my belly. I think she's going to love her brother. I tell Maxine to say hi to her brother and then push my belly in her face. She's a trooper. :) 

@emmaaa I'm so sorry for your loss. Everytime I think that one day Maxine will cross over the rainbow bridge I start to cry. They truly are the best family members. 
  • EDD? 12/29

Symptoms? 
    lower back pain, swelling feet, exhausted at the end of the day, zero patience for anyone.

Upcoming appointments? 
    Nothing else until the 31st.

R/R/Q:
    at our anatomy scan we found out I have an anterior placenta which is why it’s hard to find baby girl’s heartbeat on Doppler and why I’m not feeling a lot of movement in front.

GTKY: 
     Do you have any pets? What kind and what are their names? We have two rescue dogs. A Belgian Malinois named Finn and a German Shepherd/black lab mix named Ronan. They’re both HUGE but I couldn’t imagine life without them. Fun fact: we were in the process of finding a kitten to adopt when we found out we were pregnant. I still really want cat and so does DS, but there is no way we can add any more crazy to our lives anytime soon. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • EDD?
    1/5
    Symptoms?

tail bone pain, some lingering nausea, and a complete lack of patience
    Upcoming appointments?
    A/S next Thursday and my OB appointment the day after. I'm excited but also annoyed because I gave my husband these dates weeks ago and he went ahead and scheduled a 24 hour work trip for that day. I know he really wanted to come with me too, he's just the worst at actually thinking before he makes decisions/does anything.
    R/R/Q:
    Definitely feeling ranty today. Our refrigerator and bathroom sink both broke in the past 24 hours. We're going to Cape Cod at the end of the week and getting our condo deleaded while we're away so nobody else can be there. It's going to be at least a week probably until we can get somebody out to fix either one. Super annoying.
    GTKY: 
    I have two cats - a 4 year old ragdoll named Rocky and a 10 month old black rescue cat named Luna. I really want a pug someday but it will have to wait a while.
  • @Kabazaba I found that my third tri anxiety with DD1 was actually the highest in terms of PGAL. The thought of not getting my take home baby to a late term loss terrified me to the core. BUT I didn’t find it overwhelmed my thoughts constantly. I really did get a decent sense of relief after my anatomy scan in knowing it looked like I was carrying a healthy baby and that meant my chances were as good as they could be.
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• EDD? 1/1

Symptoms?

Getting short of breath walking up the stairs, probably pregnancy related but I also have not been to the gym in months, I'm starting to get more energy back so I need to make it a priority to up my activity level

Upcoming appointments?

I have my anatomy scan tomorrow!

R/R/Q:

I'm thinking about starting to potty train DS again, he seemed interested a few weeks ago but now when I ask him if he needs to pee on the potty he yells No at me lol so we will see how it goes.

GTKY: 

I have a cat that's both inside/outside, his name is Hendrix. He wandered into my husbands work 6 years ago and he just brought him home. We have 2 dogs, both lab mixes. Blue is going to be 6 and Gus just turned 4, I think? They drive my nuts sometimes and I hate vacuuming up the hair, but I love them to pieces !

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @drabong88 Good luck with potty training. I’m right there with you 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AshVA Your bit there about the dog licking your DH's face made me laugh. We had our ten year old niece over, and I told her to not let the golden retriever lick her. She said okay. Next thing I know I hear hysterical laughter coming from the living room... I go in there and see that the golden is up in the hammock with the niece, pinning her down and licking her face and hair like there's no tomorrow. She was sooooo crusty... I immediately made her go take a shower! lol
  • Thank you for the sympathy everyone! When I Googled GTKY Questions and this one popped up, I felt like it was good timing. We definitely miss him and so do the other dogs, they keep looking for him. And DD keeps looking for him and saying "Ryder?"

BabyFruit Ticker

• @leighbrek Haha, I can totally picture that, and it's hilarious. 

I impose a strict "no licking the face" rule, because I've seen where else she licks.  DH isn't nearly as strict in enforcing that rule lol

• @AshVA I know the feeling! :grimace:
  • EDD? 1/7 but I won't make it to 40w

Symptoms? Feeling oreety good. Lots of kicks this week! Baby boy is getting stronger 
    :) 

Upcoming appointments? A/S and US for SCH next Thursday ( eek finally) and OB appt.on 31st

R/R/Q:
    I had a really weird dream last night. I know baby is a boy ( blood test and visual confirmation at 17w) but in my dream I was having a girl and her name is Lilah. For some reason I can't get that name out of my head. Guess I'll have to name a pet that. 

GTKY: 
     Do you have any pets? What kind and what are their names? I have a dog named Mocha and a cat Raja. Mocha is a daschaund mix but he is very tall and weighs 50lbs. He and I share a birthday and that was the final straw- I had to get him lol. Raja is a regular short haired domestic. Her mom was a stray and DHs family kinda took her in. When she have birth she "adopted" his parents and became their cat from then on. We kept one kitten- Raja. 
  • @gorgeousariel DD's name is Lilah (even spelled that way) <3 I'm partial obviously but think it's beautiful and would be perfect for a pet lol
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @emmaaa cute! If we * were* having a girl I would want it as a middle name. Dds middle name is Lily so I think it would be cute Lily and Lilah. 
  • @alexandraseattle ah yay! Great news. Congrats.

@gorgeousariel Lilah is a gorgeous name! FX for your appointments next week.
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19