March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 3 Check In w/o 8/13

This check in is for ladies with due dates 3/17-3/23. Let me know if this is your first check in and I will add you. @treetop19 @zionsmama85 @3rdtime_charmed @gowenc @sydbom @midwestmommatobe @maserrano714@Jlavo888 @lisee923 @lindseyb918 @beachbaby0523 @meggyme @runnunggal28 @natty101219 @emarcinek99@omama19 @babycolima12

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What TV show are you watching lately?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Week 3 Check In w/o 8/13

• Options

Due date: 3/17 

Any appointments? Questions?: No appointments, but my doc office lost my urine sample last week so i have to go up there and pee for them LOL. i'm pretty annoyed about it, but you also have to laugh. How do you lose pee? also have to go get my blood work done since i didnt have my insurance card physically with me last week. This is already starting off great. LOL. 

Rants/Raves?: i'm raving because my morning sickness is gradually getting better. still have my moments of nausea and aversion but i am MUCH better than i was. Still feeling very particular about what i want to eat though.

How are you feeling?: pretty good. tired but good. hopefully things are gonna start going up cuz it has been rough 

GTKY: What TV show are you watching lately? Insecure season 3 just started last night so i'm psyched about that. Otherwise i am all over the place. Nothing i watch regular regular besides Food Network 
  • Options
     Due date: 3/20 (for now at least)

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment this afternoon! Still no word from the doc's office as to if I get an ultrasound or not, but I intend to at least ask for a check with the doppler if it turns out it's only an informational meeting.

Rants/Raves?: Did not sleep well last night, I'm sure in part due to the anxiety/excitement of having my first appointment today. I felt like a zombie this morning.

How are you feeling?: Other than the exhaustion, I'm feeling better. Less instances of queasiness and I'm hoping the exhaustion will start to lift soon.

GTKY: What TV show are you watching lately? Just finished the latest OITNB, I'm almost caught up on Sharp Objects, and DH randomly wanted to start watching Mad Men, so we're watching that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date: 21 March

Any appointments? Questions?: No appointments for another 5-6 weeks  :/

Rants/Raves?: It's tough feeling so miserable, but I'd do literally anything for my baby so I feel bad even whining about it. 

How are you feeling?: Exhausted and nauseous. Threw up for the first time this morning while brushing my teeth. I'm so sorry for all of you who have been getting sick more often, not fun. And then I had to go back and brush my teeth afterwards obvi, and gagged again. Managed a workout and felt a little better for a bit, but now feel like it could come out at either end any minute  :#

GTKY: What TV show are you watching lately?: Upstairs Downstairs, A Very Secret Service, and Modern Family. 

@meggyme hope you get an ultrasound, keep us posted!
  • Options
    @babycolima12 got my U/S! Baby is looking good. Now I need to decide what genetic testing to do.
  • Options
    lindseyb918lindseyb918 member
    edited August 2018
    Due date: 3/19

Any appointments? Questions?: First prenatal visit is on Friday! It was originally not until the 24th, but the wait was making me crazy. I was able to move it up by changing the OB I'm meeting with. He has kind of a serial killer vibe. Hopefully my only visit with him and then back to my regular doctor. 

Rants/Raves?: I'm sick of sober cabbing already?

How are you feeling?: Morning sickness is getting better. Yay!

GTKY: What TV show are you watching lately? Besides Sesame Street? Lol. I watch trash (Bachelor, Teen Mom) and also a lot of public television. I'm currently watching Rick Steve's Europe so I can travel vicariously through someone else!

ETA: Yay on your ultrasound! @meggyme
  • Options
    @meggyme yay!! What are you thinking for testing? I want the NIPT but I have to get referred for it and I’m waiting for a call to see if they’ll do it :/ 
  • Options
    @babycolima12 I have the option of NT scan + serum blood work or the Maternity21 testing, which tests for more abnormalities and gives the sex. I need to call my insurance and see what each will cost, but I’m leaning toward Maternity21.
  • Options
    Due date: 
    March 21

Any appointments? Questions?:
    I have my first OB appointment next Tuesday! I am also looking into which testing I should do. I am 37 so I think my insurance should cover the recommended ones. 

Rants/Raves?: 
    none

How are you feeling?: 
    I'm feeling pretty good. Nausea hasn't been too bad, but I definitely have lots of food aversions. I'm an ultra runner, but running hasn't felt great so I'm walking, hiking, biking and doing yoga instead. I'm hoping I can start running, in moderation, again once I am further along and less anxious about every little twitch I feel. 

I don't watch many shows, but I love binge watching the Gilmore Girls! 
  • Options
    @meggyme
    (lurking from week 4)

I really liked Mad Men, but not the first season. I thought it was dry and hard to get through. If you don’t love it right away I still recommend to keep watching because it gets really good!
  • Options
    @coffeeandcupcakes that's good to know. Last night DH convinced me to watch one more episode when all I wanted to do was go to bed and it was the longest, most boring episode yet. I also know bits and pieces of what happens, so I feel like it's kind of spoiled for me, but I'll wait it out through the first season at least.
  • Options

Due date: 03/20

Any appointments? Questions?: Upcoming appointment August 20th.

Rants/Raves?: Morning sickness.  Mine seems to be getting worse to the point where I just don't feel like doing anything.. and all food except for slushies is disgusting.  I can't wait until it starts to subside.  I have tried preggy pops, b6 and unisom, and still.. ugh. No relief.  So jealous @zionsmama85 and @meggyme.  lol.  On the upside, fatigue seems to be subsiding a bit, so I no longer feel like a nap every day.  

How are you feeling?: Sick.  But, glad everything seems to be progressing normally. I will be anxious again until my appointment reassures me that everything is still going ok.

GTKY: What TV show are you watching lately? Documentaries on Netflix.  Too much tv, really, need to get my butt off the couch.

congrats on a good appointment, @meggyme!

• Options
    @babycolima12 I decided and scheduled the MaterniT21 testing (NIPT) which they do the draw at 10 weeks for. It seems to be the more comprehensive testing. Bonus, we will find out if it is a boy or a girl!
  • Options
    @meggyme yes that's the one I want! The gender is a huge bonus :smiley: but I really want to make sure everything else is ok too! 
  • Options
    Due date: 3/17

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my first prenatal appointment on Tuesday. The midwife took another look at baby and everything still looks good. I just need to call insurance and figure out the genetic testing thing. 

Rants/Raves?: None right now. Just trying to survive a 2 and 3 year old while hubby is out of town a lot this month! 

How are you feeling?: ok. The exhaustion is definitely real. I have a horrible headache today but I’m sure spending the entire morning at the children’s museum didn’t help anything!

DH and I have been catching up on the latest season of Shameless. 

Pregnancy Ticker