Infertility

Sep 2018 FET

Just wanted to get the thread started since this will most likely be the next time we attempt an FET if this round of Femara (yeah, going back to the basics) doesn't work like we hope *FX*. I was a regular on the board last year - having had several FET attempts - but fell off due to losing a bit of confidence through the struggles. That being said, I wish everyone the best of luck and sprinkle some baby dust for you  <3:)
**History in Spoiler**
Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
   IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
   IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
   FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
   FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
   FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

Re: Sep 2018 FET

• Hi!  Looks like I’ll be a Sept FET.  The medication protocol is about 34 days once I start my next AF (and I haven’t O’d yet this cycle)
  • @purplg8r - Yay! Congrats. I'm taking a little time off between FETs (last one was 6/19), so if my timing is what I expect it to be, I'll probably be closer to the middle or end of September. Do you do the Estrace escalation + PIO protocols? I'm always interested to hear what other REs do for their medicated cycles.
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Loading the player...
  • J1006J1006 member
    I’m officially a September FET. It was scheduled today for the 6th. I’m on BCP until August 10th and start my Lupron on August 4th. Then I’ll eventually start my estrogen injections and PIO. 
  • @J1006 - Welcome! Estrogen injections ... I've not heard of these. I've only ever taken Estrace orally. Best of luck and baby dust!! :) 
    **History in Spoiler**

• J1006J1006 member
    @MamaK225 I hadn’t either when my RE put me on it for my first FET. I was a little bummed because ANOTHER injection. I actually like it because it’s only twice a week. I don’t have to worry about taking multiple pills every day. 
  • @j1006 - I love that idea! I'll take a shot over pills any day, as long as it isn't PIO. That's the worst lol
    **History in Spoiler**

• @MamaK225So it looks like when AF starts I call and then I start on birth control pills for 14 days. It can be a little longer if I need to for timing reasons. Then I do 10 days of Lupron injections. I go in for an ultrasound, pregnancy test, and estrogen test. Then I lower my Lupron injection and start Estrace (orally, thankfully ) for about 10 days. Then they will set up my transfer date. They also have my H and I take a Z pack when I start Estrace and when I go in for my pre-op, I stop Lupron and take Medrol & Keflex and start PIO. If the transfer is successful then I take Estrace and PIO until 11 weeks of pregnancy. 
  • J1006J1006 member
    @MamaK225 you wouldn’t like this then.  It’s  similar to PIO. Same needle and injection spot. It’s also in oil which is thicker than my PIO but my dose is tiny. I only go up to .3ml as my highest dose. 
  • @j1006 - nope, that sounds pretty intense to me! When the FET is successful, do you stay on shots of both until 10-11 weeks?
    **History in Spoiler**

• @purplg8r - Wow, that's very different than others I've heard of or ones I've done. I can see why it takes a bit longer. Very interesting.
    **History in Spoiler**

• J1006J1006 member
    @MamaK225 yes. I believe last time they said until I was 10.5 weeks. Im not sure if it’s a gradual decrease or just all of a sudden stop. They have me gradually increase my estrogen so I would assume they would gradually decrease me as well. My RE keeps me
    in her care for my first trimester then will “graduate” me to my regular OB/GYN. 
  • @MamaK225 what protocol have you done?
  • @purplg8r - Estrace escalation + Prometrium (progestrone suppositories): Estrace escalation protocol starts out at 2mg of Estrace (oral estrogen pills) daily up to 6mg daily by time of transfer and through 10 weeks (if successful); Prometrium 400mg daily beginning after pre-FET U/S, increasing to 600mg daily by time of transfer and through 10 weeks (if successful).
    **History in Spoiler**

• bkatpbkatp member
    edited August 2018
    Hi thr, I am also officially Sep FET. I received my protocol yesterday. Transfer is on 12th Sep. Currently on BCP will start lupron on 14th of August. How is evrevery here doing, I see only discussions from July is it just me cos I haven't posted anything yet or for everyone?

I got my ER done in July and was high on estrogen and progesterone so had to do freeze all cycle. Hoping this goes well 
  • I’m waiting for AF to show.  Between the ER last cycle and the hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy this cycle, my body is pissed at me.  It’s cd 32 and not even a +opk yet.  My RE said to call on cd 34 (which is Thursday)to start me on Provera. Once AF shows up, I’ll have 14 days of bcp and then on to the meds. 
  • Welcome @bkatp! I think everyone is getting a slow start for September. My FET is September 6th...I think I’m the first one for the September crew. I’m on Lupron and BCP now. 

@purplg8r I had a 40 day cycle in May and it was driving me crazy!!  My RE put me on two weeks of BCP as well which I was thankful for. Last time it was 30 days, which took forever. 
  • Hello, just introducing myself! I am currently on BCP to prep for my second FET. More details are in my signature but after 5 cycles I had two PGS normal. After my July FET I am now going to transfer my last one. I don’t have a calendar yet but should be in September. I go in for a sonohysterogram and endo scratch Monday since I’ve heard those might help with implantation. Anyway I look forward to giving and having support during this FET!
  • Thank you @J1006. Yes you the first one currently. How are  you feeling excited ? I am excited and scared at the same time
  • @bkatp I’m definitely ready to get it going. This is our last embryo so I’m not as relaxed about it as last time. 
  • hi, just wanted to introduce myself. will be starting my meds after i start my period, which should be around august 20th. wishing everyone lots of luck
    ***** child/loss TW *****
    natural pregnancy DD 2012 TTC #2 since 2014
    9/2015 chemical pregnancy
    Initial workup: 
         AMH: 0.898 ng/ml
         Antral Follicle Count: 5
         FSH day 3: 6.56 mIU/ml
         LH day 3: 5.24 mIU/ml
         Estradiol day 3: 46.75 pg/ml

IUI 1-4 BFN

IVF #1 After ovulation was confirmed with progesterone levels on CD19. Cetrotide ½ dose X4 doses and minivelle was started CD 20 to continue through stim. Upon AF, started follistim 150 bid and menopur 75 bid on CD3. Started cetrotide 1 dose when biggest follicle reached 13mm. Retrieved 4 eggs out of 12 follicles, 2 PGS normal, FET #1 9/14/18 BFP beta#1 10dp6dt 369, 12dp6dt 1210 
  • Good luck @J1006 usually how much do they charge for FET ? Any ideas ?

@babyhopeful442 welcome what is your protocol
  • @babyhopeful442 welcome! I just joined this group too, this will be my second FET. Is this your first FET? Good luck to you!
  • @babyhopeful442 welcome!

@bkatp My clinic charges $3,000 plus meds. Mine were about $600 this time around. My first FET was included in my IVF package. 
  • @bkatp - My clinic charges right at $3,101 for an FET (meds not included, but they're minimal - like $30).

I've been absent lately, I hope everyone is getting ready for their upcoming FETs. AFM, I'm waiting on AF, then we're going to figure out how to proceed. #storyofmylife
    **History in Spoiler**

• Thanks for your inputs @MamaK225 and @J1006 . How many you are planning to transfer and y ?

I ll check with my insurance company to see how many will they cover and then want to make a decision between 1 and 2, I am 32 years old and had 3 miscarriages at 5 -6 weeks, I would love to have twins ( dreams of my childhood to have twins) but we were given a list of complications that can arise with multiples. This is my first IVF and first ART so little confused on what to expect

• @bkatp this is our last embryo so we are only transferring one. We transferred one last time last well. My RE only transfers one if you are under 35. 
  • Starting on Provera tonight. She said to take it for 10 days then could take up to 10 days for AF to start.  If it does take that long, I could have an early Oct FET.  (But I’m going to hang around here in case it’s late Sept)
  • MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited August 2018
    @bkatp the reason I only transferred 1 last time is because we only had 2 and I was too scared to try both at once, wanted two tries if that makes sense. My clinic I think is about $2000. I say I think because insurance covered last time but we maxed out so will be all cash from now on.

@mamak225 when do you expect AF? We may be close in timing then. I am thinking maybe a mid Sept FET if lining check goes well. Can I just say I hate this BCP part? It feels so counterintuitive!
  • edited August 2018
    @bkatp i don't have a protocol yet. they said to call when i get my period and they will give me the protocol when i come in for monitoring :( i hope there enough time for meds to be ordered and get started. they only told me it takes 3-4 weeks

@Momifbysea Yes this is my first FET. I have DOR, so i only have 2 pgs tested embryos. I am so nervous!
    ***** child/loss TW *****
    natural pregnancy DD 2012 TTC #2 since 2014
    9/2015 chemical pregnancy
    Initial workup: 
         AMH: 0.898 ng/ml
         Antral Follicle Count: 5
         FSH day 3: 6.56 mIU/ml
         LH day 3: 5.24 mIU/ml
         Estradiol day 3: 46.75 pg/ml

IUI 1-4 BFN

IVF #1 After ovulation was confirmed with progesterone levels on CD19. Cetrotide ½ dose X4 doses and minivelle was started CD 20 to continue through stim. Upon AF, started follistim 150 bid and menopur 75 bid on CD3. Started cetrotide 1 dose when biggest follicle reached 13mm. Retrieved 4 eggs out of 12 follicles, 2 PGS normal, FET #1 9/14/18 BFP beta#1 10dp6dt 369, 12dp6dt 1210 
  • @bkatp - the plan is to transfer 2. **TW** we've had 5 FET failures (totaling 8 embryos) in the last 13 months so we're considering more. I don't have any other health concerns in the event that both do take.

@Momifbysea - I had a whacked out cycle, having tried Femara this time around. Expecting it any day, but who flippin' knows. Currently on day 43 (cycles "normally" run about 32-35 days) ... I've been doing everything I can to hurry it up. I feel you on the BCP part of the whole protocol ... it's like adding insult to injury!

AFM, waiting for AF and deciding if we're going to move forward with the Sept FET or try a month or two of acupuncture first, to try to bring me closer to "normal." While ALL of my labs and U/S add normal readings, we're really frustrated and feel *something* is off, so want to find a sort of homeostasis before we try again.
    **History in Spoiler**

• Thank you all for your inputs, my insurance said they cover FET's until I meet my lifetime infertility max. so I might be covered for 3-4 so, I am now inclined to do one embryo transfer. Ill also find out costs from my clinic of how much they are going to charge.

@babyhopeful442
     once you get your period, you will start on BCP and you will have enough time to order meds for sure, not to worry.

@purplg8r and @MamaK225 yes it is hard and frustrating to have our waiting time increase with unexpected schedules. 
  • Hi Sept Ladies!

I was waiting to make the switch to this board until I had my protocol. Looks like I'll go off BCP next Thursday and have my baseline on T 8/28.  I'm currently scheduled for a Mon 9/17 transfer, but that'll be dependent on if my lining cooperates.  I had to add a few days of estrogen during the last FET but my RE has upped my E2 to .4 this time. Excited to finally have a date to look forward to and going through this process with you ladies. 

I noticed that there wasn't a Google Sheet for this board yet, so I've created a new Sept FET spreadsheet.  Please feel free to add your name and details to the sheet so we can follow along in your journey.  I'll add the link to my signature as well so you can find it with some ease. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ePVByPWfRU1USxQMiaE_fiOHwGS6LA2rwBCQWJSXds/edit?usp=sharing

me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• @northbeach3 hey there! Good to see you and thanks so much for adding a spreadsheet, I was just wondering about that and it helps to know where everyone’s at in their appointments. I’m on my phone now so can’t open it but will on computer later. I finish active BCP Saturday so probably AF a week later. How many are you transferring?

Excited and nervous at the same time because this is our last embryo. I am scared of the emotional fallout if this second FET goes like the first.
  • @northbeach3 thanks for adding the spreadsheet!  I added all my info so far. 
  • Hi there! Just wanted to join the board and introduce myself. Tentative transfer date of Sept 21st - as long as everything goes according to plan! This is our last euploid embryo so a lot of pressure going in to this cycle and looking to give and receive support during this process.  <3
  • gosh, sounds like there's several of you in the one embryo left club !! -- @j1006 @Momifbysea @allycoghlin -- major fingers crossed for this month!

@Momifbysea right now, the plan is to only transfer 1. the hubs would have a conniption if we had twins. part of me wants to transfer one better graded and one worse graded embryo b/c i'm convinced it'll be the worse graded one that works... but that's probably a pipe dream. :)
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• @allycoghlin welcome and I’m in your same boat with our last PGS normal embryo. The pressure is real!

@northbeach3 thank you for the crosses fingers!! Your choosing 1 sounds like a good plan and I feel the same that watch, the lower graded one will be the one! I’ve definitely heard of that happening.
  • @allycoghlin welcome! We are also on our last embryo.  

AFM, everything looked good at my appointment yesterday. I did my first estrogen shot this morning. With starting back at work, I can tell this cycle is going to fly by.  Hopefully the wait for my beta will go just as fast :)
  • @J1006 glad everything looks good!!
  • @J1006 that’s great that your appointment went well and you have the green light!! I’m hoping the same as you, with work deadlines the next couple weeks it will be nice to keep busy while I’m waiting for AF and doing the estrace part.

I don’t know if anyone else is doing meditation, but this time around I’m trying to relax more and do things that make me happy versus being stressed which is my tendency. So one thing I ordered was the FET meditation from Circle and Bloom which had different meditations for the days of your FET cycle. Also I’m going to book a massage for sometime in the next week or two, thinking that won’t hurt anything right? 

What is everyone else doing to stay chill during this cycle?