October 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 08/15

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/ raves/ questions?

5. GTKY - Favorite family vacation spot?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 08/15

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    33w size of a pineapple

2. How are you feeling?

good, tired, out of breath, large, uncomfortable, oh what else? Lol I feel pregnant. 

Tomorrow I have a growth scan and a follow up appointment. 

none right now..

DH and I havent been on any sort of recurring vacation we just kind of pick a place and go which is always fun. I think we'll try to do an annual once the babies get older and we need less stuff for them lol 

Were going to Montana with DHs entire family next summer.. that will be interesting 

• Loading the player...
  • drb2424drb2424 member
    edited August 2018

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

31 weeks, football

2. How are you feeling?

tired, the exhaustion is hitting me pretty hard around 3pm each day and I am pretty useless when I get home from work

3. Any appointments this week? none this week, last week I had a growth US and they said baby is measuring big, 94%.  Baby's stomach is also measuring 4 weeks ahead.  I read this could be due to GD but I do not have GD, unless I have developed it later after my test. My OB is out of town and when I asked the covering OB about it she didn't say much other than to eat low carb.  I see my OB next week so just waiting until then.

Rant - I hate feeling useless but at this point if I want to have enough energy to go to work every day then I am pretty useless at night.  I never call out and every day I just want to call out to sleep.  Im sure this is normal but its just a hard few weeks ahead until the end.  I feel so bad for hubby who works and then has to run around the house caring for our daughter (3) and diabetic cat plus all the chores while I sit with my feet up and rest.  He is getting burnt out but I keep reminding him this is only temporary. I wish I was one of those pregnant ladies who was full of energy and not swollen or cranky, do they exist?? Oh and I thought I was 31 weeks last week :D  Sorry for my long rant!!

The beach! My daughter can sit for hours playing in the sand and it usually gets her to nap because she has burned up so much energy!

Edited: I typed everything in bold the first time lol

• @tropical1982I hear ya with work, I am so over it! Yet I have so much to do. 
    31 weeks, a pineapple.

2. How are you feeling?

Overall I feel pretty decent. Now that the shower's over I feel like we've turned a corner and a lot of stress I had leading up to it is gone. Still a lot to do but at least now we know exactly what we need and when to get it. 

Normal appointment this Friday. Had to see a different OB last time, so looking forward to seeing my doctor again.

I had to get a rhogam shot last month and I just got a bill in for a couple hundred dollars...I think it's for that shot. The line item says something like "IV therapy". Doesn't make any sense to me, I was never on an IV. Going to call and have them clear this up. So tired at how convoluted and vague medical billing is, just put this stuff in words I understand!

Palm Springs, CA. We've been going the last couple years for New Years, but obviously won't be headed there this year. But already planning on how we can get back end of 2019! I can't get enough of the desert! 

• @drb2424 I'm the same way. Thankfully it's not every day I feel that way, but its most. I almost seem to have an every other day trend...which is annoying. 
  • (...)

Massage therapist and chiro.  Found out they're both covered 100% by my insurance now that I've met my deductible!   I'm going to take full advantage until this baby comes and even after.

(...)
    your insurance covers massage therapy?!  holy cow that's awesome!!!  green with envy over here, lol.  enjoy!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 33 weeks, a fanny pack or loaf of sliced bread

2. How are you feeling? Still feeling pretty good, though this LO has decided my ribcage is the enemy. Kicks on the inside of the ribs are not super comfy, lol. 

3. Any appointments this week?  I really dislike taking multiple days to do doctors appointments, especially on my summer break, so today’s schedule of events: Dentist, midwives, dermatologist, GP to confirm pediatric care - whee! 

Rant- I’ll jump on the work complaint train. Had an “optional” meeting yesterday which I did not attend, and found out I’d been “volunteered” in my absence to lead some staff training in 2 weeks when we go back. Boooo. 

Rave- We’ve been redoing our floors, ripping out old rental carpet, putting down fake hardwood, for the last 2+ years (stairs are a pain to do by yourself, btw) And now they’re finally almost done. Like, 3 cuts of trim away. Keeping fingers crossed DH finishes it tonight! 

Also, my shower is this weekend. I’m both nervous and excited :) 

No set family vacation spot - I just like to travel! Hoping the LO is a good traveler, too. Any tips on getting that set up early? If so, I’m all ears :) 

33 weeks- loaf of bread or bunch of celery.

2. How are you feeling?

Back hurts. Mostly I’m feeling a lot of work stress. I had a fairly traumatic day at work yesterday that I’m sure raised my BP and I’ve been having increased difficulty breathing today. I have an appointment tomorrow and I’m trying to take it easier today but I feel very on edge and stressed. Not really sure what I can do about it.

Tomorrow I have an appt with my midwife.

I’m going to spare everyone another rant about how horrible ICE is. But they are soulless evil SOBs.

The Adirondaks! Marcy Dam Lean Toos are going to be baby’s first backpacking trip.

• dellusion said:your insurance covers massage therapy?!  holy cow that's awesome!!!  green with envy over here, lol.  enjoy!
    I had no idea either.  I went in for chiro adj and the doc said we can also bring you in for prenatal massages on  a weekly basis.  Just can't do it the same day as an adjustment, insurance won't cover both in same day.  Fine by me...I'll take it even if on a separate day. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @halfanewt we took my daughter everywhere starting pretty early.  Around two months we did our first trip to the beach (its was late September so no actual beach time and not too hot). At three months she did her first camping trip.  By 1 she had been on sever camping trips, a few beach trips and one was a 10 hour drive.  The first few trips were rough trying to figure out everything we needed and setting our routine while we were away but we figured it out.  She is 3 now and pretty good traveler.  She has been on several long road trips to Florida to visit family and has done fairly well in the car.  My best advice regarding travel would be have the lowest of expectations so when things work out you are pleasantly surprised :)
    32 weeks, size of a squash

2. How are you feeling?

The past week has been rough, with all of the smoke from the wildfires making it hard to breathe (because the asthma and the baby squishing my lungs wasn't bad enough). Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good!

Saw the midwife on Wednesday - everything is still looking great, and the little guy is already head down

I was supposed to take a couple of vacation days around this weekend, and go on a roadtrip with DH and some friends, but with the province pretty much all on fire, I had to bail because of the smoke :(

We have a little piece of land on the side of a mountain, and we love going up to it. That, or any random road trip!