March 2019 Moms
Options

Fit Mama Monday Aug 13

Hello fit mamas! 

Who's still on the workout grind this week?

What are you doing? Making any modifications?

How's the healthy eating going? 

Any workout/healthy eating questions for the group? 

Re: Fit Mama Monday Aug 13

• Options
    I made my goals this week. I went to 4 OTF classes and ran a 5k with my husband on Saturday. Sore, but worth it. No modifications yet, just watching how hot I get when I work out. 

I don't have a goal of healthy eating, I do IIFYM (if it fits your macros), so if it fits within my daily carb, fat and protein goals and I want it, I eat it. I haven't been counting macros very consistently though, so...  overall I have really high metabolism and I am craving fresh things, so I am not overly concerned. 

Nope!  Keep grinding ladies. 
  • Options
    Oh so tired.... I'm hoping for some nicer weather so I can at least go for a walk this week. I didn't do so great at working out last week.
    Sunday I start a 15 day challenge with a friend, so I'll be doing some circuit workouts, which I'm kind of excited for. I need the guidance and motivation, so I hope this will kick start my activity again.
    It's been better. The combo of DH being out of town and me being so tired has not been good for my diet.
    Any workout/healthy eating questions for the group? Nope.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What are you doing? Making any modifications? Managed 2 short walks and one longer one last week. Aiming for 4-5 walks and 2-3 yoga “classes.” Already dropped to walking from jogging, although I seriously miss jogging!

How's the healthy eating going? Not so hot... any time I try and eat/snack a little healthier (aka less carbs) I end up getting sick. Stupid ms... 

Any workout/healthy eating questions for the group? Just ready to be done with ms so I feel more like myself and can eat healthier!

• Options

I’m just getting on it. Last week was the first time I felt well enough to workout at all: 1 visit to the gym, 1 walk uphill in my neighborhood, a 3-mile beach walk, and some swimming today. That’s 4 days compared to zero days in the past, lol. 

What are you doing? Making any modifications? Trying to move my body at least 5 days per week, even if it’s just light. 

Still need to eat whatever sounds good until this morning sickness eases up. Lots of fruits & salads, but also lots of carbs in evenings. 

Any workout/healthy eating questions for the group? Nope. I know what to do, just have to do it. Second tri will be easier. 
  • Options
    Who's still on the workout grind this week? I am finally starting to come out of first trimester hell, so hoping to be fully back on my workout grind this week!

What are you doing? Making any modifications? I managed to hit my (modest) running goal last week, but not my strength training goal. Not making any modifications, and my running pace was actually much improved last week, so things are looking up! 

How's the healthy eating going? The eating has been mostly okay, still off meat, but I find myself caving to some cravings. For example, I had two orange soda and vanilla ice cream floats this weekend because I literally couldn’t stop thinking about it. I can’t even think about how much sugar one of those contains.

Any workout/healthy eating questions for the group? I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good maternity support belt for exercise? I had to stop running during my first pregnancy around 7.5 months, and I think I could have done better if I wore a support. 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit orange soda and ice cream floats sound AMAZING!
  • Options
    I like to be active, but don’t necessarily like the gym or running or regular workouts. I prefer playing sports or working out for a purpose other than just getting fit. 

I’m walking 30-40 minutes everyday! Audible has made this an enjoyable experience for me. 

Not that great, every time I try to add something healthy to my diet, I don’t like it. Like my kale salad last week. 

How do you all feel about biking while pregnant? 
  • Options
    Last week was an off week, I was still sick and it’s hot AF here. Eating was not great, but not terrible. This week will be better! I am catching up on TB from the stationary bike at my gym while my kid is at speech therapy. Goal for this week is to bring him with me to the gym and finally try the kids club, something I’ve been too chicken to try thus far. It would be awesome if I didn’t need a sitter every time I want to come work out. 

SaveSave
  • Options
    @flyingmombula look at you multitasking like a BOSS! Good for you! I hope your son likes the kids club.
  • Options

Who's still on the workout grind this week?  I got four solid workouts in and one night of sand volleyball (coed league with hubs). Our team went out for tacos and margs after the game... OMGGGG the jealousy was strong looking at all of the tequila on the rocks. At least I got me some tacos and guac! 

What are you doing? Making any modifications? Mostly strength training. BOD. Lots of walks with my toddler and dog. Just some modifications on ab work. 

How's the healthy eating going? NOOOOOOOT the greatest. Since around 6 weeks, carbs have been my wingman. If I wasn’t working out consistently I surely would’ve gained some serious lbs by now!!! Getting better though as my MS is weening a bit. 

Any workout/healthy eating questions for the group? Any intel on some sweet maternity workout pants? 

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Running and some weightlifting. 

It’s getting worse. All I want is salt and carbs.

How are you figuring out what’s too much? I’ll feel fine during a jog but afterwords feel a little nauseous for a couple minutes and typically in the evening have more RLP. 

@s@Shelbyville30 old navy maternity compression capris! Hated the shorts they had but loved the capris. They rotate sales so you can get them 40% off a lot. 

@m@maggiemadeit no, I tried a couple during my first pregnancy and didn’t find anything I loved. I saw a whole shirt/tank that I’m thinking of trying or maybe the kinesiology tape. 
  • Options
    @coffeeandcupcakes, thank you!! I will definitely be checking it out! 
  • Options

What are you doing? Making any modifications? OTF 5x. This past week we hosted my parents and I attended a wedding so very happy I was still able to hit my workout goals. I’ve modified my running speeds on the treads because I tend to lose my breath faster than usual, but otherwise have stayed the same. 

How's the healthy eating going? This could use improvement. With my birthday, guests, and nausea, I’m having trouble sticking with a consistent, healthy diet. 

Any workout/healthy eating questions for the group?  Any suggestions on pre or post workout snacks that you can stomach despite MS? 

@buckeyenut05 love having a fellow OTFer here! Great work and keep burning! 

• Options
    Mainly walking. I have my Apple Watch app set to make sure I get in my steps / miles a day. Once I get off progesterone shots and estrogen, I'm hoping to have a little more energy.

Overall I eat pretty healthy. I do splurge and have guilty pleasures like pizza when the urge hits. If I don't, I'll obsess over it. With the baby & wedding showers lately...seems to be a lot of temptations! 

@coffeeandcupcakes I asked my doctor what she suggested. She said, as long as you can take normally during workouts, then it's fine to do. Just nothing more than you usually do. But since you feel fine during, maybe trying to walk at the very end may help just get your heart rate, etc back down so not as nauseas. Then again, it's pregnancy, so you may have nausea any time you workout. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @beachbaby0523 The best snacks for me before or during a workout are dried fruits. I usually go with apricots. Not too sweet, they don’t bother my stomach, but they have just enough carb. I can even eat them in the middle of a first trimester long run without feeling sick. 
  • Options
    @beachbaby0523 I’ve been eating one of the yasso Greek yogurt ice creams. They are 100 calories with a little bit of protein (around 6 grams) and 13-15 carbs. Not sure what you are looking for in terms of healthy but they seem to hit the spot and cool me down. 
  • Options
    @coffeeandcupcakes I love the Yasso ice cream bars!  Especially the ones with the caramel swirl. So good!
  • Options
    What are you doing? Making any modifications? Weightlifting and walking/biking. I had to cut my trainer down to 1x a week instead of two right now for financial reasons so I get to write one lifting workout a week for myself now. I tend to take it easier on myself when I feel crummy so I hope it doesn't become a habit (or I pop out of this ms feeling soon!) Definitely doing heart rate based training for cardio to make sure I'm pushing, but not too hard! 

How's the healthy eating going? I'm doing better. Making sure one meal a day is primarily protein and vegetables. It makes me feel less bad about the inevitable somewhat crappy eating during the day. Trying to make that healthier meal lunch, it seems to be when I feel the best and can eat less in terms of carbs. Dinner is really always a crapshoot. 

@beachbaby0523 - I snack on Belvita breakfast biscuits pre-workout. They do have some whole grains, with a yogurt creme in the middle, but the biscuit part is a little more carb-y and it seems to sit well, even during a more intense cardio workout. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    I made it to my relay over the weekend and survived 18.94 miles! Still only running intervals or I wouldn’t make the mileage. Planning to get running and walking in this week. I have a 9 miler on Saturday.

I have just been eating whatever right now. Nothing awful just not my usual non-pregnancy good because I just can’t. I’ve berb trying to get enough protein in and veggies and fruits
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    I have to be hydrated enough to work out and I am doing a BAD job with the water intake. Nausea has got me so bad that I'm not even drinking enough. Hoping this gets better next week and I can dive back into the workouts!
    <3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

• Options
    Who's still on the workout grind this week? I'm here! Been pretty tired so far this week so workouts are a little slow but that's ok.

What are you doing? Making any modifications? Hoping for a strength workout each day this week followed by a walk. So far I've only missed a Monday walk. Modifications are really just taking more time to breathe as needed. Definitely finding myself out of breath more.

How's the healthy eating going? It's hit or miss so I'm really trying to focus on "everything in moderation".

Any workout/healthy eating questions for the group? No questions here, just keep kicking butt ladies!
  • Options
    I worked out yesterday! And now my butt is sore... but I felt so good an accomplished despite it not helping at all with my insomnia. I did legs yesterday, so I want to do arms today.