Sunday funday! 8/12

How was your weekend??

What's going on this week!?

Re: Sunday funday! 8/12

• Loading the player...
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited August 2018
    Happy Birthday Eve @jennybean80!
  • Ha! Showed him! Next he'll probably want to stay in and take it easy :-p @SawyerRichardson

• I was NOT productive this weekend. I was still getting over a cold. Saturday was my bday so we started with breakfast and then did some shopping at places I like. As usual I can’t commit to buying stuff and DH found stuff or himself lol. My MIL checked in on the dogs so we could drive into Boston for some biscuits I’ve been craving- literally had biscuits and butter for dinner. Sunday was a total lazy day. I did a jig saw puzzle and spent the whole day hooked on it and never even changed out of pajamas. I don’t regret it. I realized as I was hours in that this won’t happen once the baby comes lol. Better enjoy it while I can.
  • @rabtaido1214 Happy (belated) Birthday!!

• Friday we went to a baseball game - Astros lost but my kids made it from 5pm until the fireworks at 930pm.  I am trying to do as much as possible in public spaces because we won't do much for the first two months baby is home. 

Saturday I had a chiro appt and went to a baby shower in the afternoon.  No games baby shower.  Just loteria (like bingo), food, open gifts, cake bam - go home!  If my fam does a baby shower I want that!

Sunday church and.........Chuch E. Cheese.  I don't love that place at all but my kids do so, eh. 

Its only Monday and I'm already looking forward to Friday!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @sarahzett Share your stromboli recipes with us, please? :)
  • This weekend was cool weather and proved to me that my feeling awful is due to the heat, even with AC.  I had so much more energy.  DH and I adulted so hard this weekend.  Saturday we went to look at two houses, then grocery shopping, back to school shopping (where I found a pair of casual sneakers that I'm currently obsessed with and need to buy, I can't stop thinking about them), I worked for a little bit in the afternoon, then took a nap.  DH and I had a date night which we haven't had since May and was sooo nice.  Then Sunday we did more grocery shopping and then started to fulfill DH's nesting urges.  We had an extra house key made for family when I go into labor (to feed the cats, grab anything for DD, etc), we picked up new mini blinds for the baby's room and the bathroom and DH installed them, he put the car seat base in his car, we started to clean out the baby's room and decide where the furniture is going to go, did a couple of loads of laundry, and started to pack my hospital bag.  DH is in full baby mode and I love it.  He told me he spent all day thinking about what needs to get done and about her coming home outfit we still need to pick out.  He also requested a copy of my crazy excel spread sheet lists for himself.   
  • I had Friday off but ended up having a dentist appt and having a tooth pulled (long story short they screwed up the crown and it sucks, but they did refund all of the charges for it (!) so i suppose that was good in the scheme of things...)
    DH worked all weekend again so the kids and i went to a cub scout camping weekend on some friends' land just outside of town. i figured it was a good test run for a bigger, longer camping weekend in two weeks. other than the whole tooth pain thing it went surprisingly well. i just brought a light foam "mattress" and it was enough to keep me as comfortable as can be expected so i am feeling much more optimistic about the next one!
    Yesterday we just stayed around home and, other than some cleaning and organizing, we just relaxed and enjoyed some quiet time together.
  • That's so sweet, @KFrob <3

What kinda shoes are they that you're obsessed with? I'm in the market for some.
  • Saturday we took the kids to Cedar Point all day, and oof did I feel it Sunday. But because I'm a glutton for punishment however, I spent 2+ hours Sunday morning crawling around on my hands and knees in one of our planter beds laying down weed fabric. Followed that up in the evening by spreading 40 bags of lava rock on top of the weed fabric to finish up the planter bed. I still have about 5-10 more bags to go before that area is done.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @eireyes I love cedar point! My in laws live near Dorney Park but it pales in comparison. 
  • @eireyes @rc-cola love cedar point too! I have relatives in Cleveland. Cannot imagine going in the summer almost 8 months pregnant though. 

• @jemmerjams we got pretty lucky with the weather - it was a high of 79 so the heat wasn't too bad, and since it was just the 4yo and 2yo things stayed pretty tame and we weren't traipsing about everywhere all the time. I won't be going back again until I'm not pregnant though - they day after was no joke!

• @sliztee Sure! I just posted it in the Recipe Share thread! :)

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• Kudos for venturing to CP, especially with this weather lately. For someone who doesn't like roller coasters, I've been way too many times. DH's company often does their summer picnic there (or just gives us passes for use anytime), so last year we took SS and did a family trip. We live about 2 hours away, so it's a common destination. I miss when they had Geauga Lake/Seaworld over there (or Six Flags). 
  • Late to posting here but this past Sunday was my baby shower! I was super nervous about it and it was just so overwhelmingly nice. I really need to stop being such a cynical person because honestly everything was beautiful and went so well and my mom and friends just made me feel so special, I didn't expect to have such a nice time.

And the nursery is finally empty of all the random stuff we had stored in there, so once my registry completion discount is active we are wrapping up all the remaining furniture and can start putting it all together! I think we finally turned a corner and instead of feeling exhausted like we're making no progress, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hoping to take a page out of some of your books here and be ultra productive this upcoming weekend! 
  • We STILL don't have the extra bed and dresser out of the baby's room yet so that we can set up the crib, but so far I have washed one load of baby clothes and have the 2nd load of sheets/clothes/etc in the dryer now.  So at least that's some progress.  :)

Car seat should be delivered today, so I think that pretty much wraps up all of the baby necessities.  Just need to start nesting and cleaning my house and then i'll feel much more relaxed!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers