March 2019 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 8/11-8/12

What are you ladies doing this weekend?

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
They will be forever missed. <3
   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekend Randoms 8/11-8/12

• Options
    I’ve been catching up on OITNB. I’m almost done.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Our plans got rained out, and I am so happy to be having a quiet weekend at home. The whole family took a 2 hour nap today, myself included. Glorious.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We took our “pregnancy announcement” photos today inside my local Target. It was so much fun and I’m dying to see the proofs! As a blogger I take all photos myself 95% of the time.... but I felt this was a special enough occasion to hire someone. I hired a very sought after photographer that works exclusively with big bloggers, so not only was it exciting but it was a total bucket list moment too! 
  • Options
    DH is out of town, so I’m having a date with Netflix and pizza. 
  • Options
    @swanbrooner me too! I’m finishing OITNB tonight.
  • Options
    Went to the local symphony tonight for part of their outdoor summer series. Even better, there’s a soft serve ice cream truck on site!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    I love soft serve ice cream!

• Options
    So as a STM I don’t need too many things for Baby, but when do all of you want to start doing product spotlights? I love shopping for baby products. I’m a little sad that I won’t need much more than new bottles and pacifiers.
  • Options
    @meggyme I feel your pain! Luckily my husband knows me very well (ie knows I won’t be able to stop myself) and is on board with me buying new stuff as long as I do something with the old. We are already planning on swapping our stroller system but otherwise most of the big stuff we are still happy with which is good. I’m game whenever! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    @meggyme - also game whenever! I don’t think we’ll be buying stuff for a bit but will totally be researching for awhile beforehand. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Ok, I might start one on Tuesday since Monday gets pretty overloaded with checkins. Anyone can feel free to start one, but I’ll try to start with the big items that might take more research/deliberation.
  • Options
    i'm down to start that discussion on tuesday for sure! 
  • Options
    I’m good with it! I don’t really need much either... I want a bassinet this time (one that comes right up to the bed) I know halo has one but I want to know my options, I need NB size clothes no matter boy or girl, and we need a double stroller as DS will still be 1 when this baby is born.
  • Options
    @ashley14598 I’ve been debating if I want a stroller board for our current stroller or a sit/stand style double. DH is adamant about not getting any new equipment but he also doesn’t take LO many places.
  • Options
    Definitely going to be looking into a double stroller. Although DS will be a month from 4 when this lo arrives, so I’m not sure how much it will get used.
  • Options
    @meggyme @lelkcot I had to convince DH I needed a jogging stroller and now that we have one he’s totally on board with understanding the need for different strollers (we only have 2 but they serve different purposes). That’s something I need to think about too is how long DS will actually use the stroller. 
  • Options
    @ashley14598 I used my jogging stroller a ton. I was using it to jog with DS about 2x a week pre-pregnancy even though he’s 3. He’s still reasonably happy sitting in there while I jog or walk!
  • Options
    @char245 you earned that blizzard! And good luck with potty training!
  • Options
    My friend had a double stroller when her 2nd was born. Our boys were four when she was burning and have the extra space for stuff at the zoo was amazing. I plan on getting a double stroller this time around strictly for the extra room for diaper bag/ small cooler for the zoo and pumpkin patch. 

Im ten weeks today, and the bump says in one area baby is the size of a raspberry and right under that says baby is the size of a lentil. Last I checked lentils are super small and way smaller than a raspberry. Anyone else being given weird sizes?

• Options
    @bdesterhouse
    What’s odd is last week at 8 weeks, the bump told me my baby was the size of a raspberry!  This week at 9 weeks it says it’s the size of a cherry

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Saturday was a baby shower for my boss. Today, church small group and going "browsing" for baby items that've been looking at. I'm OCD, so I want to know my colors / theme early to plan things. 

@bdesterhouse It said mine was a lentil like 2-3 weeks ago and I'm 7 weeks, so I'd go with a raspberry. Today, it told me mine was the size of a wee raspberry, so your's should be bigger :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @bdesterhousei turned 10 weeks on Thursday and what to expect app says a prune 1.5 in long! Last week was 1 in so I suppose that makes sense?! 

So glad to hear lots of mommies have good recommendations on double strollers! 
  • Options
    I'd like to whenever. I've been wanting to start a cloth diaper thread but have been holding off. 
  • Options
    @char245 I’ve been potty training my 2yo all summer. I feel like she just likes to tour all the bathrooms when we go out but can’t be bothered at home. Poop has been a whole other problem...

• Options
    @swanbrooner Mmm pizza sounds good and I don’t even normally like pizza but I’ve kind of been craving it for a few days now.

@char245 This is such a pregnant lady question to ask but... what flavor was your blizzard?!?

All potty training moms hang in there! It’s rough in the thick of it and then all of a sudden it clicks and it happens. Don’t be too hard on yourselves. It’s stressful buisness but not impossible. 

AFM: Using the weekend to get the house in tip top shap since school is going to be in full swing. Yesterday I was so productive but today I’m feeling crappy so not sure if I’ll get everything done on my checklist. I feel like that’s pretty typical right now. One good day followed by a sick day after I over exerted myself. 
  • Options
    @meggyme you literally made me lol. My DD has been doing that even before we started potty training! What’s with the need to see every public toilet?!?

@JLaVO888 the blizzard of the month that I believe @mamakate1616 suggested. It was AMAZING!!! However, I got chocolate sauce instead of caramel bc I thought that would go better with the peanut butter. I may need another one soon!!
  • Options
    mamakate1616mamakate1616 member
    edited August 2018
    @char245 @meggyme I wish I could tell you the potty tours stop once they actually are trained. *sigh* on the plus side she now knows she will get in trouble if we go to a potty and she doesn’t do anything. 
    Fortunately my DD took to it super easily and my MiL did the hard work with her during the day when I was at work. We did stickers with a poster in the bathroom (no fancy grid or anything - just wherever she wanted to put them, usually upside down in a cluster lol) for a while to get her used to sitting in the potty and then we picked a day to start and said bye bye to diapers during the day. The first day she peed thru every pair of underwear (16!), the next day was like 8, then 5, then 3, then 2. After the first week we moved to underwear at night with the rubber pants which sucked so we only used those twice, but again got lucky with her getting it and not peeing the bed. Good luck mamas!! 

Eta: it wasn’t me, sadly we don’t have a DQ around here. Maybe @kateemgeethesequel
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    Have any of you signed up for the bump box? Kind of like Ipsy for pregnancy related items? 

Also, my husband and I downloaded a baby name matching app and it’s kind of fun, it  shows which names we both like that are the same. My husband actually enjoyed going through some for a bit. 

• Options
    @bdesterhouse I thought about getting a bump box for myself and my bff who is due in Feb but they are A bit too expensive for me.
  • Options
    That’s what I was kind of thinking, and wanted a real review before making a choice. That’s almost a tank of gas for me. :/

• Options
    Maybe I can see if they'll send me a Bump Box to review on the blog... then I can let you all know if it's worth the spend! I'll reach out to their team this week. 
  • Options
    That’s a good idea @indigoheightsblog, I would also wager there are some video reviews/openings on YouTube. I think I remember seeing one once before and deciding against it 
  • Options
    Too cool @indigoheightsblog! What other pregnancy related collaborations do you have set up? 
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 I will be working with Rent The Runway Unlimited clothing subscription boxes! They now offer maternity! That collab is going live end of September. As of now those are the only 2, but no one really knows I’m pregnant yet - I’m only doing minor outreach. Blog announcement 8/24, leaving for Italy 8/25, and then I come back and jump straight into New York fashion week..... so once all of that dust settles I’ll be solidifying many more! Additionally, once my news is public, I’ll likely have brands reaching out to me as well and when that happens I’ll be sure to lock them in ASAP! :) 
  • Options
    @indigoheightsblog that’s really awesome! Can’t wait to hear your review! 
  • Options
    @indigoheightsblog @char245 @mamakate1616 @bdesterhouse @meggyme

Hey guys! Sorry, I should have chimed in on this earlier, but I've been swamped and so tired, lol. But ... I can share about the bump box! My husband got me a subscription and the first one came a few weeks ago. (First pregnancy, he's excited, lol.) Its tailored to where you are in the pregnancy so mine included a lot of first trimester stuff ... those anti-nausea candies, a tea that's supposed to help with morning sickness, a pregnancy book, a face wash and a belly moisturizer.

I thought it was super sweet and thoughtful, but so far I don't think I would have spent the money. I didn't have any morning sickness so the tea and candies are just sitting in a drawer. The book looked kinda cheesy and I'm still working through reading the two that I bought (and were recommended to me) when I first found out I was pregnant. The only thing that I can actually see using is the belly moisturizer, but not until I have some development in that area. :)

Sorry to be a downer. It was a really fun/thoughtful gift, just not super useful to me. If you like that kind of stuff (and aren't cheap like me, lol), you might love it.
  • Options
    @heytherefriend i totally feel you on that! i didn't have any morning sickness either, so i think i would have felt the same. i browsed the 2nd Tri box that they are sending me (for free luckily!) and it seems like all the stuff in there is wayyyyy more useful. there's belly butter, bath soak, a "momosas" recipe book for delicious mocktails which i will DEF be using, a sonogram picture frame which i feel is a really nice touch, and then a "napping for two" eye mask which is definitely cheesy but for someone like me who's in need of pregnancy-related instagram content.... that's gold! LOL. but again, i'm a niche demographic here. not sure how many actual 2nd trimester moms will get use out of a themed eye mask. that being said... everything else in the 2nd Trimester box seems really nice! i'll let you all know as soon as it arrives! :)