Week 1 check in - week of 8/13

lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
edited August 2018 in March 2019 Moms
For ladies due 3/1-3/9. 

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you?

Re: Week 1 check in - week of 8/13

• Options
    Due date: 3/5

Any appointments? Questions?: Ultrasound and prenatal checkup next week. CANNOT WAIT!

Rants/Raves?: Nah.

How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty good. I've had mild symptoms all pregnancy, which has been a source of anxiety (seriously, you can't win!) because I can't tell if everything is still ok. I've been feeling pretty positive lately, though. I've been trying to do regular mindful meditation to help quiet my busy brain. =)

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you? Ok, well, I'm an extreme introvert so large parties wear me out. The best birthday I ever had was during a road trip with my husband. I would love to do something like that again!
  • Options

Any appointments? Questions?: appointment next week too!

Rants/Raves?: Rave: baked potatoes were amazing this afternoon. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty blah. Although there’s been a slight break in the heat which has been helpful! Trying to be positive that all this nausea is a good sign :-)

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you? Probably a surprise trip to somewhere new with a few friends! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For ladies due 3/1-3/9. 

Due date: 3/1

Any appointments? Questions?: I have an US and bloodwork next week. I didn’t do this testing last pregnancy so I’m a bit nervous.

Rants/Raves?:   DS’s sleeping has been all over the place and I’m so tired. 

How are you feeling?: Tired, nausea comes and goes but it’s getting better.

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you? I think either a vacation on a tropical island or a a day at the spa.
  • Options
    Due date: Changed for the second time today... Now we're at an EDD of 3/6! 

Any appointments? Questions?: Just had two appointments today! One for NIPT blood draw with a genetic counselor, one with my OB. OB appointment was awesome - got to see and hear our little bean! Heartbeat is so strong at 10 weeks 5 days! 

Rants/Raves?: Can't believe I'm almost through the first trimester. Hallelujah!!!!! Rants: The rain on the east cost has been a SERIOUS downer. It has been torrential. It's like we're living in the jungle. I can't stand it!!! I just want a sunny, happy summer and instead I'm running from point A to point B trying to take shelter everywhere I go. SO over it. 

How are you feeling?: Really good! Like @mayoduck, I have hardly any symptoms. Very hungry, Very tired.... although I'm beginning to feel my energy picking up a bit. No complaints! 

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you? Unlike @mayoduck - I am an extrovert! I would LOVE a huge party, DJ, open bar, fancy dress, totally tricked out decor, no budget restrictions (LOL)... and I'd love planning every minute of it! 
  • Options
    Due date: 3/8

Any appointments? Questions?: Thursday I have my first appt with my OB office (one of the midwives this time). I’m nervous and excited. 

Rants/Raves?: Rave - a girlfriend of mine gave me her old doppler. I pulled it out the other day and heard LOs heartbeat  <3  it was too faint to register on the doppler but I heard it!!

How are you feeling?: Diclegis is helping. I still have some nausea in the morning but not at bad and no more vomiting. Still exhausted and all the violent barfing made me sprain my neck so I’m rocking a collar right now. 

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you? I want a Harry Potter themed party so bad  :D totally nerdy and I don’t care. Either that or a low key surprise party with just friends, family, good food and amazing cake. 
  • Options
    @indigoheightsblog yay for mild symptoms AND getting that reassurance of a strong heartbeat! So happy for you! Congrats on this good news! =)
  • Options
    My due date was moved up a week after my first US last week, so I’ll be joining you ladies here in Week 1 now! 

Any appointments? Questions? Anyone else having pain or weird sensations in the c-section scar now that the belly is stretching a bit? 

Rants/Raves? Rant: Pregnancy insomnia is some kind of BS. Rave: 11 weeks tomorrow - getting so close to second trimester! 

How are you feeling? Still tired but much less nauseous so I can’t complain. 

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you? With unlimited funds, I would like a birthday trip to Kauai. In real life, I love a quiet day with my husband and daughter where I don’t have to cook dinner or do chores. 
  • Options
    Due date: 3/4, 11 weeks today!

Any appointments? Questions?: I'm going to be out of town for my entire 12th week, so I have my appointment for testing on 8/28. I wish I could have had it done this week instead, but oh well.

Rants/Raves?: Rant:  We haven't told anyone about this pregnancy yet and I'm dying to! My H really wants to wait until we at least have the testing done, which I understand, but it's really hard! 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I'm rarely nauseous anymore, mostly just tired. Oh, and my allergies are insane! I'm constantly sneezing and am both stuffy and runny. It's super fun.

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you? Ooo, I think a solo spa day with the works sounds pretty nice.
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited August 2018
    Due: March 2. 

Appointments: Not until October. Although I technically called and scheduled it for late Sept. because they only have the schedule out until the end of Sept., and I wanted to make sure I was on their radar, but I will likely have to push it back slightly once it gets closer. 

Rants/Raves: The aching in my uterus seems to have subsided, thank you, Jesus! It's been good for a couple days now. Odd, but it was bad the days my husband left, was gone and came back. 

Feeling: Better - see above. Still nauseated from time to time. 

Birthday: Probably a trip to Mexico or the Caribbean with my H. Or a surprise party of any sort. I've never had and have always wanted one. 
  • Options

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appt. not until next wed

Rants/Raves?: Rant:  Pizza even though I pay for it with heartburn I could eat pizza all day 

How are you feeling?: Nausea is still on and off. I could nap for sure but I feel pretty good!

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you? Ohh a surprise trip would just make my day!!
  • Options
    @indigoheightsblog were due date twins now!

Due date: 3/6

Any appointments? Questions?: I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow d/t some spotting over the weekend.  I'm not really worried about it.

Rants/Raves?: I just want a full nights sleep!

How are you feeling?:  ok.  Not great but better than I had been

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you?  Definitely a surprise trip somewhere!
  • Options
    @MissChanandlerBong622 I’ve made Pumpin Juice cupcakes with ButterBeer icing and a giant chocolate frog on top before! Let’s throw you a party. :)

For ladies due 3/1-3/9. 

Due date: 3/9

Any appointments? Questions?: I want today for my NIPT blood draw. She said the average return time is 10 days, but it can take up to 3 weeks!

Rants/Raves?:  A local orthodontist’s office dropped off a giant basket full of snacks today. Yessss.

How are you feeling?: Mostly good, but every evening, I get super queasy and am basically worthless.

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you?

I would love to do an all-inclusive trip/weekend with a bunch of friends.
  • Options
    For ladies due 3/1-3/9. 

Due date: 3/7

Any appointments? Questions?:  Not until next week

Rants/Raves?: Raves: we told my family yesterday feels so good to have them know now onto telling my boss/co-workers. 

How are you feeling?: Still dry heaving here and there (most evenings/early mornings), insomnia is kicking in, and the exhaustion is kicking my butt

Probably when DH and I went to Niagra Falls for the weekend. I love the beach/cruising so something like that would be amazing! 
  • Options
    For ladies due 3/1-3/9. 

Any appointments? Questions?:  I'm getting an NT ultrasound/bloodwork on 8/22 and then my second midwife appointment is on 8/31

Rants/Raves?: When I was really nauseous a few weeks ago I couldn't stomach most vegetables and basically reverted back to the picky eater I was as a kid. Now that I'm not really nauseous anymore, I'm forcing myself to eat better but I psychologically still just want to eat pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches with soup which I'm giving in to more than I probably should be. I feel like I can't justify eating like crap now that I'm feeling better but I'm having problems getting back into the habit of eating healthy (which I had no problem with pre-pregnancy...). Ugh. 

How are you feeling?: Exhaustion is my biggest issue now. I have some energy in the mornings and I can push through the afternoons if I'm out of the house and preoccupied, but I work from home a few days a week and I end up falling asleep on the couch with my dog in the early afternoon and barely get anything done. I'm also starting to feel both anxious and excited about coming to the end of my first trimester. We haven't told anybody about the pregnancy yet and I know we'll need to start spreading the word soon to family and co-workers/supervisors. This is our first child, we're not married yet, and I'm really nervous about how people will react but I'm also just excited to not have to keep this secret anymore! 

Hm... most of my closest friends have spread out around the country and I'd love to have them all together for a day doing something fun that I didn't have to plan! 
  • Options
    For ladies due 3/1-3/9. 

Due date: 3/8

Any appointments? Questions?: I go for my high-risk ultrasound at the hospital next Friday and I'm counting down the days. If the ultrasound goes well that's when we can announce to everyone

Rants/Raves?:  I just want to enjoy food again. Everything I eat is because either my stomach can handle it or doesn't sound disgusting but I don't enjoy eating at all. I miss liking food !!

How are you feeling?: I don't know what's going on for week 10 but it's been rough stomach aches nausea heartburn headaches. I had to leave work early again yesterday and I don't know how much longer I can hold off telling my job just hope I can make it two weeks. 

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you
    I'm not really into my own birthday but I would love to have a vacation with my family and these new babies when they're older that would be perfect
  • Options
    @bug_hunter Love the user name; are you an entomologist?
  • Options
    Due Date: 3/7

Any appointments? Questions?: Nope. Nothing until September.

Rants/Raves?: Rant - I threw up for the first time on Sunday, which just happened to be my wedding anniversary. Looking forward to the nausea subsiding. Rave - I got a surprise ultrasound at my last appointment, because we couldn't hear baby on Doppler. It was amazing, because baby finally looks, well, like a baby! DH cried and has the picture as his background on his phone. So sweet.

How are you feeling? Same ole, same ole. Really miss having energy.

GTKU: Dream birthday? Being somewhere secluded and quiet with great nature views. Also-no cell phone service. I feel like my life is nonstop and would love to just breathe and relax. I feel like there's not many quiet moments in my day to day.
  • Options
    @mamaoftwomonkeys haha thanks! I have worked with bugs before but don't know much about them and am far from an entomologist. I'm an ecologist and mainly study plants/soils/microbes. I had a ridiculous boss who would always call any dorky scientist (including myself) a bug hunter and it just always made me laugh. 
  • Options
    @bug_hunter Too cute! My sister is getting her PhD in entomology so it made me wonder! :) Your field of interest sounds way more fun than creepy crawlers to me ;)
  • Options
    Due date: 3/3

Any appointments? Questions?: Next Fri!

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?:  Better. Fingers crossed I am crossing over to 2nd tri and no more crazy MS. Just tired and have been hungrier which it’s nice to eat again.

A surprise trip to somewhere tropical and all inclusive. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment tomorrow for blood work and possible ultrasound/doppler

Rants/Raves?: rant:  people who cannot time manage at work and complain constantly about not having a med tech to pass their meds and do their wound treatments when they only have like 11 patients.  I used to work a rehab unit all by myself with 30 patients and had to do meds, treatments, and all the charting on everyone plus deal with families and doctor calls and visits, so i have no patience for people who complain about 11 patients and they can't seem to get everything done.  1-stop going outside to smoke every hour for at least 15 minutes, that would give you more time; 2-stop spending forever complaining to anyone who will listen and just go do your work and you could get more things done and not be so "stressed out"  ugh!  
    Rave:  we bought a sonoline B and heard the heartbeat the other night, husband almost cried hearing it.  It didnt register the beats on the doppler, but we could hear it!

How are you feeling?: pretty good, still get exhausted between 4-6ish, but then can't sleep at night whether I nap earlier or not.  

I have always wanted a suprise party and have never had one.  I would love for my husband to take the initiative to even plan something out for my birthday, especially since I plan both mine and his birthday gatherings!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my 12 week appointment yesterday (a few days early) and everything looks great! I also had my blood drawn for the Counsyl test. Now I just have to not go crazy while waiting for the results. 

Rants/Raves?: RAVE: I smelled tacos in the work kitchen. Now I'm eating tacos for lunch. 

How are you feeling?: Better than I was (which wasn't all that bad before). I feel the second trimester swing right around the corner!

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you? A surprise trip to a beach or lake somewhere. 
  • Options
    Due date: 3/6/19

Any appointments? Questions?: I have my 12 week appointment the 28th. I would say I can't wait, but it's after our vacation so I am definitely not wishing that away!

Rants/Raves?: 
    Rant: my kindergarteners (going into 1st) have had a ridiculous amount of summer homework that we are now scrambling to wrap up after chipping away at it ALL summer. I am talking 58 online math lessons (IXL will be the death of me), memorizing 90 sight words, a 22 page written packet and a reading log. 

How are you feeling?: 
    Overall I can't complain. I still get nauseous every afternoon and evening, but my digestive tract is finally starting to regain some slightly normal functionality and I am making it to the gym again so I feel more normal. 

Oooooh take me to the South of France by way of Italy, stopping at all the restaurants and have someone give my house a deep cleaning while I'm gone!  
  • Options
    Due date: 2/28

Any appointments? Follow-up appointment for my SCH 8/28. Next official appointment is 9/4

Questions?: Anybody have a subchorionic hemorrhage in a previous pregnancy and have some advice for a worrying mind? I know there’s 2 other ladies on this board with the same diagnosis and the bleeding is downright terrifying! 

Rants/Raves?: Rant: I’m dying for my blump to turn into a bump. I’m not the skinniest girl but I’d like to be able to graduate to maternity clothes with an actual baby belly. 

How are you feeling?: Anxious (see above). Still occasionally nauseous and some horrible sleeping. 

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you? Oh gosh, honestly something small with family or just my DH honestly. Maybe nice restaurant and then stroll around nice shops. 
  • Options
    Due date: 3/4, at the moment.

Any appointments? Questions?: Finally had my first u/s today! Baby's looking great, but measuring 10 weeks where LMP would have me at 11. Not sure if they'll move EDD yet. I have a follow up with the dr tomorrow.

Rants/Raves?: Kind of both in one... I'm a teacher and it's my last week of summer. I'm bummed to have to send DD back to daycare, but I always say my career is the best of both worlds. I love being home with her in the summer, but I love my job. Hopefully the transition back goes smoothly.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I've felt pretty blah for weeks. Mild nausea, headaches, tired... but it really seemed to turn a corner last week.

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you? I'd love to take a fun trip somewhere warm. 
  • Options
    Due date: March 7

Any appointments? Questions?: 12w ultrasound coming up in Monday - I can't wait. I am desperately hoping for a good us so I can breathe a massive sigh of relief. 

Rants/Raves?: Rant: I've moved provinces since my pregnancy with my daughter, and I feel like the medical care isn't as good where I am now. I wasn't offered the NT bloodwork and ultrasound, which I definitely had last time. I was low risk last time but I'm almost 3 years older this time and I would really like the assurance of that test. Sigh. Instead my 12w ultrasound is just a dating scan (although I couldn't wait for 12w due to a previous loss - ectopic - so I ended up getting a private scan at 8w, and had another scan in the ER at 9w due to spotting). Still, I told my dr I still want this 12w one to at least confirm baby is still ok!)
    Rave: I am LOVING McDonald's Mango Pineapple smoothies lately. They are the only thing I can stomach for breakfast these days!

How are you feeling?: Ok! My all day nausea has started to subside and now it usually only rears it's head first thing in the morning, or when I'm hungry, or when I eat too much and am full. So that's an improvement! I'm still exhausted but have found an extra bit of every during the day to make it to the gym a few times in the last two weeks. I'm hoping my 2nd tri burst of energy is just around the corner ;)

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you? Oooh, a tropical vacation with DH (a future bday where I'm not pregnant and can have all the mai tais and pina coladas my heart desires) 
  • Options

Due date: 2/28

Any appointments? Questions?: NT scan today at 3:30.

Rants/Raves?: still nauseated 24/7

How are you feeling?: see above 

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you? Oh that’s hard. I don’t know. Maybe hanging with my family and friends (my wedding was so fun because it got all the people I love in one place!) maybe in a beach with clear water and yummy food and drinks (I’m not pregnant in this scenario) and music and fresh air and relaxing and hanging out. 
  • Options
    @heytherefriend Welcome! 

What you are describing sounds like round ligament pain. Mine has been really bad this week too! 
  • Options
    Thanks @maggiemadeit . I've seen other women post about round ligament pain, just wasn't sure what it would feel like. Glad to know that might be what it is.
  • Options
    Due date:  March 2

Any appointments? Questions?:  I don't have another ultrasound until 16 weeks--had one at 7.5 and one at 9.5. Everything has looked great so far. I'm currently waiting for Harmony test results (NIPT), I think they'll be in next week. If everything looks good there, I'm going to tell work and we'll probably tell my husband's family.

Rants/Raves?:  Let's hear it for cheese. Seriously, I've eaten so much the last few weeks. It's usually a once in a while thing for me. Rant: I would really really really like to eat vegetables again someday.

How are you feeling?:  Getting better. My nausea was constant for about six weeks, and now it's up and down, and I have hard days and okay days. Yesterday was hard, today is starting off okay. I hope the trend continues! It's been so hard to be sick for so long.

GTKY: What is your dream birthday, the best birthday celebration you can imagine someone throwing for you?  Anything involving my husband and my closest friends. Hm, this question may have convinced me to take a big trip to see both my BFFs at the same time later this year! We live in three different regions--Midwest, East Coast, and I'm in California.
  • Options
    @heytherefriend I've had that too, and I think it is round ligament pain, as @maggiemadeit says. Everything is stretching!