March 2019 Moms
Options

Freaking out!

Guys I just noticed bleeding when I went to the bathroom. I'm trying not to freak out but I'm not sure what to do?!?
TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Freaking out!

• Options
    @violetmarie61516 how much? what color? spotting is normal in first trimester. keep an eye on it and see if it gradually decreases. 
  • Options
    -Lurking-
    Call your doc.  They should have a on call doc that will tell you what to do. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you had an ultrasound yet? I would call your doctor and see what they want you to do. Mine always had me come in right away for an ultrasound. Bleeding can be normal in the first trimester or it can unfortunately be a sign of something wrong. Wishing all the best!  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    If it’s just a little (like spotting, no need for sanitary products) and light pink/brown, just keep an eye on it for now. A little spotting (esp after sex, etc) can be normal. Your cervix is easily irritated right now. Call your provider in the am to report it if it’s still going then. If it picks up in intensity tonight (needing a pad) or is/becomes bright red, call your provider ASAP. My provider told me to call immediately if I had any bright red bleeding. 

FX it’s just a little spotting and nothing more concerning! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @violetmarie61516 keep us posted! sending virtual hugs! 
  • Options
    @violetmarie61516- glad you talked to the triage nurse! Take it easy and keep us posted. Creepy stranger internet hugs. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Following for update. Fx everything's okay <3 I had spotting around now with my last pregnancy.

SaveSave
  • Options
    @violetmarie61516 - my love it is a big hug. Hope you get the reassurance of a hb check! 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @violetmarie61516 sending all the positive vibes your way!
  • Options
    Sending you lots of positive vibes! I really hope they check on baby for you. I had a similar scare exactly a week ago - bright pink (with a tiny clot or two of red) spotting last Tuesday. Went into urgent care on Wednesday and an ultrasound showed baby is totally fine! Hoping you get the same result. My dr told me spotting is 'normal' in 30% of pregnant women (and I did have spotting throughout my first tri with my DD)
  • Options
    Hope all went well. Bleeding can be so scary. Keep us updated.
  • Options
    Glad to hear it was positive news and you got to enjoy seeing baby! Rest up. 
  • Options
    @violetmarie61516 - so glad there’s a known issue causing the bleeding, and that everything looks good. Take it easy and I hope it resolves soon!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @violetmarie61516 I have a sch as well. I started spotting at 7 weeks and I was put on bedrest for a few days and I was told to take it easy. My bleeding stopped pretty quick. The sch shrank after a few weeks. I started spotting again at 10 weeks but this time it was brown, which they said is good because it is old blood. My sch has now grown a little bit. It is scary! I have been monitored closely with almost weekly ultrasounds. I did IVF so they also increased my progesterone meds. You might want to ask about progesterone meds. They help! I'm constantly scared to go the bathroom. Take it easy and drink a lot of water. My baby girl has been measuring beautifully with a strong heartbeat so that makes me feel better. Your baby is a fighter too! If you have any questions I am here for you. 

• Options
    @teachermama4 thanks so much. I'm resting as much as I can and drinking a ton of water. No more bleeding but I don't have another appointment until Sept 4th so it's going to be a long three weeks.
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!

• Options
    @violetmarie61516 @teachermama4 just got diagnosed with this today after some awful red bleeding. I’m 11 1/2 weeks and feared the worse. I was crying all the way to the ultrasound room at the hospital. BUT heard nugget’s heartbeat and measuring correctly to the day. I called my OB after visiting the ER and he said that it typically only increases MC risk by 1-2%. Prayers for all of us with this!
  • Options
    @violetmarie61516 @teachermama4 just got diagnosed with this today after some awful red bleeding. I’m 11 1/2 weeks and feared the worse. I was crying all the way to the ultrasound room at the hospital. BUT heard nugget’s heartbeat and measuring correctly to the day. I called my OB after visiting the ER and he said that it typically only increases MC risk by 1-2%. Prayers for all of us with this!
  • Options
    @tfraz2016 I'm glad everything is ok! It's so scary!

• Options
    @violetmarie61516 thanks! It definitely is!
  • Options
    @tfraz2016 Having an sch is very scary! I'm glad everything looks good. It's just a waiting game until it goes away. I started spotting again with mine. I go back in Thursday. I'm constantly worried about it. 

• Options
    @teachermama4 Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! My next follow-up is August 28. Longest 2 weeks ever!