April 2019 Moms

Re: Randoms week of 8/13

• My week is starting off super fantastic, my DD broke my glasses.  I'm really hoping they can be fixed without having to get new frames. 
  • @gollygeeitsamy, oh no!  Do you have a backup pair or contacts you can use in the meantime?  I hope they can be fixed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @kangstadt I have a backup pair but the lenses are an old prescription. I'm lucky I found them  otherwise I wouldn't be able to drive!
  • @gollygeeitsamy, good thing you did!  That wouldn't be fun.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gollygeeitsamy warby Parker is super affordable if you end up needing new (at least compared to the frames they sell at the eye docs office). 
  • @gollygeeitsamy kids love mommy's glasses... I hope it's an easy repair!
  • I ordered some loungy jersey yoga harem pants last week and they arrived. I didn't think I'd be able to wear them for too long into this pregnancy, but they have a surprise stretchy waistband that can double as a maternity band and I'm thrilled! They're ugly-beautiful and it's fantastic.

• @thurstober where are they from?
  • kyashley1227kyashley1227 member
    edited August 2018
    My week is starting off super great....not! My oldest DD was diagnosed in Friday with walking pneumonia. She is still not feeling better and has since passed it on to her little sisters and ME!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • @gollygeeitsamy Hopefully your glasses get fixed soon!  I need to order a new pair in case I don’t want to wear my contacts later in pregnancy. 

@anlarge1227 Hoping your daughter feels better soon!  

• @gollygeeitsamy - I hope your glasses get fixed soon!

@anlarge1227 - I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon!

I just spent the first 45 minutes of school trying to calm down a 5 year old who was having an epic meltdown that would rival my 2 year old's meltdown. I'm freaking exhausted now.
  • Anyone else being kinda worthless at work? It's like a I can't bring myself to do anything
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited August 2018
    @berky84 Me!   I am behind on charting, which is not a good thing in heath care  :#

Eta: I can’t do anything work- related. However, if it’s anything else, sign me up!
  • @jrm_14 I work in behavioral health. I'm just staring at our EHR... Mentally willing it to complete itself...
  • @dapoint23 aloyoga.com! They're a little pricy but the sales are decent. 

• @berky84 I keep doing the same!  I tried telling myself, “The sooner you chart, the sooner you’ll have free time.”  
  • Well, had to buy new glasses, they couldn’t be fixed. I’m kinda bummed about spending the money since we’re trying to save right now but it is what it is. 

@berky84 @jrm_14 I’m right there with you guys. I have plenty of things to work on but can’t seem to get motivated. Just staring at my screen trying to not fall asleep. 
  • @gollygeeitsamy I ended up getting my son an old pair of glasses to play with because he loved playing with mine do much. It’s a good thing he likes them since he’ll probably end up with his own at some point. I hope yours gets fixed soon!

@dapoint23 Those are birthdays are awesome! Lol

My random funny story: A week ago a friend of mine sent me a message congratulating me on expecting again. I was super confused where she got this information. Apparently someone who I haven’t seen or spoken to for over a year thinks I’m pregnant again for some reason and is telling people that. So I assured her that I am not pregnant and to let anyone who thinks I am know that. And then the next day I took the test and got my BFP.
  • I started my new job today, (and have been reeeally struggling not to pee every hour during my orientation!!) we have our first ob appointment on Thursday AND I start a new semester of school next Thursday with 15 hours not including field residency for teaching. Yay!!!!!!! At least all of this will keep me occupied and less anxious. 
  • So, vent alert, my family was over on Saturday for a bbq and noticed a HUGE wasp nest on my front porch!  That sucker was definitely not there a month ago.  I called a pest control company today and it is $250 to get it sprayed and removed.  And after calling around, that is a bargain!  Goddammit.  Not great timing as we are really going on a cash diet and trying to save recently.  F'ing wasps.
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    Married: August 2009
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • @sdelg09 What an exciting time!  Congrats on all the new beginnings!

@socks2819 I had a wasp nest in out BBQ this year!  We just cut it off into a plastic bag and seal it shut.  If you put up a brown paper bag puffed up a bit it should keep the next ones away.  Wasps are territorial and won't nest where they think some already are.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker