December 2018 Moms

The Bed Rest Thread (formerly Hospital Stay)

hkomhkom member
edited August 2018 in December 2018 Moms
Hey everyone,  I'm doing a one-off for this because I don't want to hijack the other threads. It's been a sucky day in hkom-land.  At my MFM appointment this morning they found that my cervix has funneled a lot further. Thankfully, it's still closed but they sent me down to triage in L&D to monitor me for a while and picked up some very mild contractions (I can't even feel them).  Because I'm in the weird purgatory of the mid-20 weeks they are pumping me full of meds to relax my uterus to hopefully keep anything else from happening. Unfortunately that means I'm going to be in the hospital for the rest of the week.  Looks like I'll be passing lots of time on TB! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: The Bed Rest Thread (formerly Hospital Stay)

• I'm so sorry you have to go through this!  Prayers that they can stop everything from happening and baby stays put for awhile! 
  • @hkom oh no! I'm so sorry. Hoping they can get it resolved quickly and you can go home! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @hkom oh no! Better they found it now so they can monitor you and give you meds to hopefully prevent anything else from happening! The best place you can be right now is in the hospital. Sending you lots of hugs!
  • So sorry you're dealing with this. Glad to hear they're being super proactive though!! Hopefully they get everything resolved quickly and baby stays put at least a little while longer!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @hkom I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, but at least they figured this out and can take care of you and baby as you need in this moment. Sending you good thoughts and prayers! Keep us updated with how you are doing!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh no!! @hkom I'm so sorry!! Hopefully they can calm down what's going on in your ute. Were you able to go home to grab stuff or was it an immediate thing?
  • @hkom so sorry you're in there for the rest of the week. The good news is as long as you're in the hospital you will be monitored super close!  Keep us updated! 
  • Geez! I'm grateful that they're taking it seriously and doing what they can to keep everything in check, but so sorry you have to deal with it! I'll be thinking of ya. 
  • Big hugs @hkom! Tell your lady bits they need to cooperate and keep that baby cooking as long as possible! <3
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • hkomhkom member
    @Jens_Hoes It was immediate.  I went straight from MFM to triage to my room. H went home for the afternoon but is bringing me all my stuff later. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Oh man :( I hope baby stays put and you don't lose your mind at the hospital - FX your stay isn't too much longer than this week. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • So many hugs! Prayers that all will work itself out!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Oh no @hkom I am so sorry! I'm glad you're being monitored closely and they're doing everything they can to keep you and LO safe, but I'm sure it must be nerve wracking. Sending you lots of love and all my good thoughts! Keep us posted as much as you can. ❤️
  • I'm sorry that is the worst. Nothing worse than bedrest :( Hopefully you get out of there soon with a calm baby in that belly.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @hkom I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. However, I am glad that your medical team is on top of it. Fingers crossed for a short stay and a healthy mom and baby.
  • @hkom So sorry you're stuck in the hospital, but glad they've been checking you often so they caught it and can take care of it. I hope the week goes quickly for you and everything calms down! FX for you, your H, and of course, for your LO!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Big hugs to you @hkom. It's good that they were monitoring you and were able to respond very quickly. Hopefully, they can give you some drugs to help it close. Keep us updated.

• @hkom so sorry you are experiencing this but you are definitely in the right place! I hope everything settles and you get to go home asap. It sounds like now is the time to sign up for Netflix or Hulu and get some new books!  ;) Let us know if you need recommendations! 
  • @hkom I will be thinking of you and baby hkom!  
  • Oh no, I'm sorry @hkom!  My fingers and toes are triple crossed for you and your baby.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hkom I’m so sorry!! It must be very scary to be in this situation. I’m hoping hard for you that can get everything under control and get you discharged soon! Keep us updated on how you are.  <3<3
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @hkom Oh no! I'm sure an impromptu hospital stay was not what you were expecting when you went in this morning! I'm glad your medical team is being proactive and are doing everything they can to make sure your LO stays put. I hope this week goes by as quickly and seamlessly as possible for you <3
  • I'm so sorry. That really sucks. It's good that you are getting the care you need though. Hope everything goes well!!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Oh no! I am so sorry to hear it has gotten worse and that you have to stay in the hospital but I am SOOO glad that they are taking it seriously! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hkom I’m so happy you’re being monitored, but sucks that it’s come to a full week in the hospital! Now you can read all of the books and not vacuum or pick up any dog poop :heart:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Oh no! Just here to chime in with everyone that I'm glad they caught it, you're both ok for now, and you're being monitored. Sending all the good vibes that lo stays put for a long time and does lots of growing! Xoxo 
  • @hkom thanks for letting us know how you are doing. Good thoughts and prayers that your body rests and responds to the meds. Thinking of you and hoping you are able to rest. I would imagine that is very challenging to do. 
  • @hkom just saw this now. I’m sorry you are having a scary not-fun impromptu hospital stay. Hopefully the meds keep helping and calm things down so baby can cook a liitle more.

Can your husband stay with you tonight? Having company and distraction might help, especially for your first night there. Sending good wishes your way.  <3  
  • Fx your lady parts simmer down and the bed rest is helpful. Hopefully you’ll find things to do to keep you entertained throughout the week too. 
  • @hkom I wondered about your doggo! I know that if I were in a hospital bed, my DH would be more stressed if he stayed at the hospital too. Partially because the dogs are bonkers, but also because trying to sleep away from home is always...not restful.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Nooooo!! Ugh, I’m so sorry!!! I’ve totally been there before And it sucks. I’m glad they caught it early enough though! Hopefully they can calm that angry uterus down and stop the funneling. Keep us posted!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @hkom thinking of you and hoping your night went well. How is everything going? ❤️
  • Praying for you girlfriend! Glad they caught what’s happening and I’m sure everything will be okay. Hang in there!!
  • @hkom I hope you got some rest last night!
  • Thinking of you, @hkom! I hope you got some good rest last night and the rest of your stay is smooth sailing!  <3
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @hkom is there anything we can do for you?
    TV show recommendations? books? Crafts? Help us help you!
  • @hkom Oh no! I'm so sorry for the stress you're going through. At least they found out before it progressed further, so they could take some quick actions. Will be thinking of you.