BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/6

• Options
    My daughter (5) woke me at 2 because there was some thunder and she’s terrified of storms. My son (8) woke me at 6 because he wanted me to make him a worksheet of division problems. I gave up coffee last year (I was drinking too much and getting heart palpitations) but I really wish I could have some now because I’m a zombie. 
  • Options
    I have a dilemma. My husband has 3 trips that are one week long that he has to take this year. He’s going this month, October, and November. The trip in November is to China. I’ll be 37 weeks when he leaves and 38+1 when he returns. We set it up this way so that he will be done traveling by the time baby is here (the earliest the trip to China can happen is in November). Since I had to be induced with my son at 41 weeks, I guess I felt like even though we were cutting it close, I probably wouldn’t be that early. Now I’m starting to get nervous that we made a bad decision. He can postpone the November trip, but would have to go when babe is about 3 months old. No later than that. This would leave me to care for a 2 year old and an infant alone for a week. It’s already hard being alone when it’s just my toddler and me. It would be so wonderful to get these trips out of the way, but the further along I get, I feel like we are really gambling. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @babyboyh92016 We faced somewhat of a similar dilemma when I was pregnant with DS. However, the trip to China was when I was 36 weeks pregnant, so in reality, a bit earlier. How far out does he have to book the China trip? I know my husband can usually book within 2 weeks. Is there anyway you could hold off on booking and see if his company might be ok with him making the decision when you are 35 weeks? Maybe your doctor will be able to better help you assess how close you might be? I know that is super hard to do, but I completely understand wanting to get the trips out of the way. I hate having a looming week long trip over my head. It happens to us frequently and is not fun.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @firsttimespartanmom Definitely would be more important that he be there for the birth, but since I was so late with my son, I think we both naively feel like there’s no way I’ll be that early. I have some family around, but not sure how much time they can devote. My son was a difficult baby, he was very colicky, so the thought of this baby possibility being the same way and being home alone for an entire week sounds awful. 

@wannaflickone We do have some time to book the ticket. I don’t remember when cervical checks happen, but I plan on getting her input once I get closer to the trip. But, as you said, I feel like she will definitely warn us that being so close to the due date it can happen at anytime. I was so looking forward to having his travel done and over with, but if I’m already getting nervous, I feel like it will just get worse as the trip gets closer. 
  • Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 Let's say worst case YH is in China and you go into labor. Could he cut the trip short, and get on the first flight back to the states? I know it would be at least 24h before he would be home, and would likely miss the actual birth, but he would potentially be able to be there for immediately after? If it were me I would probably lean him going at 37w because being alone with a 3m old and toddler sounds so scary to me! But yeah like you I would probably be a ball of stress about it.

• Options
    @lifesabeach85 Yes he could leave right away if I went into labor,  but would likely miss the birth because of the long travel time. I’ve hired a doula, so I’m not super worried about being in the hospital without him, but missing the birth is something I think he would likely regret forever. It’s such a tough decision because I’ve been really looking forward to the travel being done and over with. 
  • Options
    @babyboyh92016 ugh, I'm so sorry you are having to think through all this. I hate China. I know that is grossly unfair, but my husband goes so much and it is just so difficult. I agree that he probably would regret missing the birth. I would definitely want to get the trip over with as well. But, in case he does end up delaying it, you can do this. At 3 months, you should hopefully find a routine and baby may be doing better with sleep. Plus, I had a colicky, difficult first baby and a super easy second. I am going to cross my fingers that your second is a million times easier. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @wannaflickone Yes I’m definitely scarred from my sons colicky days that I’m willing to risk my H missing the birth of his daughter. If she turns out to be more laid back/easier, I’m sure a week alone with the kiddos would be doable. I’m happy to hear your second one was much easier. I’m really really hoping that’s the case for me too. 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow I do this all the time. It drives me crazy. I even find myself singing them in my head when I can't sleep at night.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @CopperBoom86 Thank you for sharing that gem!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @lifesabeach85 I remember that!  I'm glad people all questions instead of assuming things, but that was just ridiculous. :lol:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    @CopperBoom86 Lmao thank you so much. Hilarious!
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 I hope it ended up showing tonight. I’m sorry for that additional stress!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @mockingjay1 Thanks, and same to you! Hope yall managed to have a wonderful day amidst the chaos of moving!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 congrats on being a home owner and your ten years! Hope you had some time to enjoy your anniversary amongst the crazyness!
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 Congratulations! I'm glad it all worked out in the end and you made it to all your appointments, despite the UPS issues. If you're comfortable with it, you should post some pics as you get your house put together. I'm so excited for you!
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 congrats! GL getting everything set up - I’m sure it’s overwhelming. 

• Options
    @mockingjay1 Yay! Congrats! Hope unpacking and getting it organized is pretty uneventful. 
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 Congrats!!! That’s such a great feeling. Glad everything fell into place! 
  • Options
    Congratulations @mockingjay1! I’m so glad it all worked out. Have fun making it your home!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thanks ladies! <3  @offtoneverland - once we get it put together I will post some pics! I'm hoping to get my bestie flown out here after we unpack to help me decorate because she's awesome at it.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @mockingjay1 Congrats on things going relatively smooth!! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    One of my friends just had her first baby last night, and still hasn’t chosen a name. I’m over here anxiously awaiting to see what they choose and hope it’s not the same boy name that we picked!