August 2018 Moms
Options

High Risk Pregnancy Check-In 07/31

sorry this is late!  <3

How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions?
Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
Married: 05.2012  
TW:
TTC #1 Since April 2016
HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02

Re: High Risk Pregnancy Check-In 07/31

• Options
    How far along are you?
    35+5

Why are you high-risk?
    IC, AMA, diabetes

my 2x NSTs and AFIs plus............. it's cerclage removal week!!!! 

so Monday my little one failed a NST bc of some decels in her heartrate... the dr said they would do a BPP and that they had gotten everything during the AFI to do it and just sent me home.... her movement has been good, so i'm not too worried but of course it's in the back of my mind hoping everything is ok. Thursday is my next AFI/NST and cerclage removal!!! i feel like it was just put in, i can't believe that was almost 22 weeks ago already 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rave: tomorrow my employer is announcing adding another 4 weeks to parental leave starting August 1... as long as she doesn't decide to come today i'll get 12 weeks instead of 8 weeks! plus another 6 weeks of STD.... i wish it was more of course but i'll take whatever i can get 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    36+2

Why are you high-risk?
    GD, AMA, other doohickies

Just had my weekly NST, Group B Strep swabs, and first cervical check this afternoon. They had to buzz the little bugger to get it to move for the NST, which was a first. It tends to spend 3-4 days really active and then one day less active. I guess the quiet day fell today. Friday will be the weekly BPP and sugar check. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Rant: Mostly I'd like to rant about my pubic bone and just how much it hurts to walk. Plus trying to walk so that it doesn't hurt too much is causing either sciatic joint to be angry now too. Can't win for losing. 

Rave: We took a brief "babymoon" to a B&B over the weekend. It was a lovely weekend to just unplug and not have to worry about anyone else for a change. My husband surprised me with a henna tattoo artist to come to our room and draw on my belly, which was fun, and the result is super neat. :)

Questions: I got my one question answered in the thread I inadvertently thread-jacked, woops!

@harleyquinn0621 How exciting! And yes, it feels like this journey just started not that long ago, and now we're down to 2-3 weeks left. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @harleyquinn0621  good luck today! I’ll be stalking for updates! Fingers crossed for a good NST. Also I’m super jealous of your time off. I feel lucky with my two weeks before (taking vacation time) and 12 after. 

@neeraja_k  babymoon sounds awesome! 

How far along are you?
    Since I’m late posting 37w5d

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, RPL, GD, hypertension

Regular BPP, NST, AFI and a cervix check 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    So last week I was directly exposed to Pertussis (whooping cough). Baby will be here within the incubation period. Myself and family are vaccinated but damn the luck. It also solidified the decision to leave work early and doc would have ordered me out if I hadn’t. Now there are at least 3 cases in the living area where I normally work. So the work infection control nurse would have also forbidden me from going on the living unit. Wouldn’t have had much to do with myself with no client contact. I’m being monitored closely for any symptoms. 

I’m also a crazy bad stay at home wife. I’ve had these long to do lists everyday and don’t get half of it done. Everything takes longer. Today is make ahead food day. My mom is gonna come hang out with me while I do it.  But yea, in general I’m a crappy stay at home wife lol
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    I suppose I'm joining ya'll now. Should have checked in last week. But, hi! I'm Rachel. Been participating more in the September group since the migration to Facebook. 

How far along are you? 37 wks

Why are you high-risk? Polyhydramnios

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? NST Friday

Rants/Raves/Questions? I was diagnosed last week with polyhydramnios, and the nurse practitioner basically said everything was probably fine with baby, but that I would be super uncomfortable, could have her any day, and if my water broke, it'd be obvious and to go straight to the hospital because of the risk for prolapsed cord. This week, I saw the doc, and she practically handed baby girl an eviction notice. Asked if I wanted to have her the next day, and I said noooo. I just wasn't prepared to hear that, so I asked for another week. I'm furiously nesting. And decided to have my last day at work yesterday. If they put the pressure on Friday after the NST, I'll be able to have a much more adult conversation about it, because I'm definitely worried about her at this point. 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Ugh cerclage was not removed today :( This is how  my day went: I had a scheduled NST/AFI/growth scan before the cerclage removal appointment

1st: I found out she is now measuring in the 8th percentile- two weeks ago she was in the 17th percentile .....

then,  I failed the NST so I was sent to the hospital for monitoring - she looked perfect at the hospital and I was told the on call dr would remove the cerclage there....

so I waited...and waited...and SIX hours later I was still waiting.....I finally told them if the baby looks good and they aren’t admitting me I’d just reschedule the cerclage removal for next week 

but I am super concerned about her growth- so since I had to miss my OB appointment today And couldn’t talk to her about it I’m going to call her office tomorrow and start pushing to be induced 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    Edit: sorry for all the typos! Posted through mobile and it won’t let me edit to fix
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    Edit: sorry for all the typos! Posted through mobile and it won’t let me edit to fix
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    Oh honey! Sending you all the positive juju possible. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    BPP and sugar check went well today. Still looking good on the ultrasounds and no changes to insulin this week, hoorah. It's amazing the effect on my fasting sugars the next morning after dealing with my family's bullshit. The NP was confused by a couple of really high fasting numbers, 122 and 134, when they're usually in the low 80's. I asked what days they were, looked in my calendar, and sure enough...the day before I'd spent all day with my mom. Even though I ate good on those days and did my insulin as instructed, they were still sky high the following mornings. Crazy how that works. 

Blah, test results came back GSB positive. After having C.diff a few years back, undiagnosed for almost 6 months, as my GP didn't believe I contracted it after severe food poisoning (don't eat at Chipotle, yo) and I never had any antibiotics. So it went untreated that whole time. Great diet plan, would never recommend. Consequently I am now super-cautious about any antibiotics they want to put me on. 

Unfortunately the ones that don't wake up any dormant C.diff are largely ineffective against GSB, and the ones that they recommend for GSB are ones that C.diff kind of likes. So, I'm really not looking forward to playing with fire right after having a kiddo. I guess consumption of mass quantities of yogurt, kefir, kombucha, and hospital grade probiotics will be my life for the next few weeks.
  • Options
    @neeraja_k stress and lack of sleep really throw my fasting numbers out of wack but glad to hear BPP and sugar check was good!!! ugh sorry about the GSB  :( hopefully all the probiotics help whatever the antibiotics do  and you dont end up with c. diff again!!

update: i called my dr office today and have an appointment with my OBGYN on Monday afternoon, hopefully cerclage will finally be removed and i can ask ALLLLLL my questions about what the plan is for me at this point
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    @harleyquinn0621 Ugh! I had a whole reply typed out to you and thought I hit "post" and then my internet died (again) and the page just error'd out when I tabbed over to another tab. So I'll just sum up the high points of that, lol. I am really surprised they would make you wait that long to speak with your OB about everything, and I cannot imagine the amount of stress and anxiety all of the uncertainties are putting you under. Hopefully all is still good in there and things will get back to some semblance of normal soon for you. (hugs)
  • Options
    @neeraja_k thank you! unfortunately my OB is out of the office today so Monday is the soonest.  :(  it's going to be a long weekend! lol 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 just tagging you to check in on you! hope everything is going ok  <3
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    @harleyquinn0621
    Man - that sucks about the cerclage!! I'm glad they could get you rescheduled for monday though. FX it all goes smoothly and you get your questions answered!
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 just tagging you to check in on you! hope everything is going ok  <3
    I’ve been wondering too. Hope all is ok. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW: