Trouble TTC

Dilation during egg retrieval

My husband and I had 3 failed IUIs and we are on to IVF. We did a saline sonogram today and the doctor said I have a very tight cervix. He said I will need to be dilated prior to the IVF (in vitro fertilization) (in vitro fertilization) transfer. They will be dialating during my egg retrieval since I will be under anesthesia. Has anyone heard of this or had this done? I’m really hoping it helps my success for IVF. Any insight is appreciated!

Re: Dilation during egg retrieval

• @summerforever623 Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your failed IUIs and having to move on to IVF. We will be starting our first round of IVF in September or October. Personally I don't have any experience with needing to have my cervix dilated, but I have heard of others having to do that. You're welcome to introduce yourself and join our weekly check-ins if you'd like. It's a small, but close knit group of amazingly supportive women and someone there may be able to give you advice. Otherwise, I recommend asking this question on the Infertilty board where you will find many more women that are going through IVF and may be better suited to answer your question. Good luck!
    Me: 37 DH: 35
    Married since February 2012
    TTC since February 2017
    10 natural cycles = all BFN
    Dx: weak ovulation with possible LPD; Rx: Clomid (4 rounds); Puregon + Ovidrel + TI (3 rounds)
    7 medicated cycles (see above) = BFN
    During the last medicated cycle, they found a small cyst on an ovary and ordered an MRI to check for endometriosis
    May 2018 switched to an RE and did more testing while trying naturally
    8 natural cycles = BFN
    Dx: AMA, endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR; Rx: IVF
    October 2018, IVF #1 = 4 ER, 2 M, 1 F
    10/25/18 Transfer of 1, 8-cell 3-day embryo = CP :'(