April 2019 Moms
Options

PGAL check in w.o 8/8

edited August 2018 in April 2019 Moms
Let's get this thread started. Its weds and we havent started one yet! Stole this from another month board and came up with a new gtky.

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?

5. GTKY: What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid? Bonus points for whoever actually became it!

Re: PGAL check in w.o 8/8

• Options
    1. I'm 5w6d, tomorrow is 6 weeks and almost like a sweet pea!

2. I'm feeling okay, little cramp twinges  and my boobs are sore. No nausea yet!

My first appt is Aug 20th so I'm excited to see what's goin on in there

4. Kudos to my husband for getting coffee from the store last night so I didnt gave to go without it this morning

I wanted to be a doctor and I actually started going to school for neuropsychology but decided that's not what I wanted to do. I'm a professional artist now lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    4w0d

both scared and peaceful at the same time. I'm terrified of another loss but I'm so grateful to be pregnant for now. Complex emotions

just got my BFP, I'll call to schedule my appt tomorrow

pretty much homeless right thanks to a fire raging in our town and I can't seem to get any peace and quiet

5. GTKY: What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid? Bonus points for whoever actually became it!
    I wanted to be a children's book author. Someday I still hope to write a novel but my career is actually in nutrition right now
  • Options
    6w3d. Baby is an appleseed (I think?).

I'm feeling pretty drained. My oldest son started K this week, work has been a nightmare, my husband was traveling, and I want to puke all hours of the day. BUT this will pass.

I go in Monday for my first look at this little nugget.

This pregnancy seems to be flying while simultaneously dragging. I'm eager to get over the hump and not feel so crummy all of the time.

I wanted to be a dentist; instead I work in Research Administration for a University.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 5 weeks 4 days with an appleseed sized baby. 

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Morning sickness is strong with this baby! But as long as little one is doing well, I don’t even care...I’ll deal with it! 

We had our first ultrasound today and saw the gestational sack and yolk sack so that’s helping me to breathe a little easier even though PGAL brain is always there. 

5. GTKY:
    What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid? Bonus points for whoever actually became it! I wanted to be a teacher and before becoming a SAHM, I taught for 7 years. It’s a tough job, but so rewarding! 
  • Options
    Hi ladies - I feel a little awkward because I'm not entirely sure I belong here.  My last pregnancy did not end in loss, but the two before it did.  PGAL brain never goes away, and this thread created a really positive community on my last BMB, so I'm hoping to be an active participant here.  Hoping for sticky babies for all of us!

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 4 + 2, which is so so early - I know that anything can happen.  Baby is the size of a poppyseed.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?  Mentally, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'm pregnant; we have a 6-month old and were not in any way planning on having another LO so soon.  I can't believe this happened so easily when we tried SO HARD to have our daughter and struggled so much.  It is weird to not have tried to get pregnant, and I actually feel more "normal" about it all than I have for any other pregnancy.  The stakes always seemed so high previously - all I thought about all day every day was my pregnancy.  I don't feel that way now - it's weird, but probably healthier?  Physically, I feel fine.  No real symptoms yet: I've had headaches here and there the last few days, some weird dreams, and I had a little nausea last night, but nothing to complain about.

3. Any appointment updates?  My first ultrasound and ob/gyn appointment are scheduled for 09/19 with the group that delivered my daughter.  We recently moved, so I'll also be making appointments with an ob/gyn team close to my home and then deciding between them.  I know going close to home makes more sense, but I trust my old team SO much!

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? None right now.

5. GTKY: What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid? Bonus points for whoever actually became it! I wanted to be a writer, and I still do.  I'm currently an English teacher!  I love what I do.  (And my principal is gonna poop himself when he finds out I'm going on maternity leave for the second year in a row.)
  • Options
    @ashtuesday you definitely belong here. My MC was almost 5 years ago and I have a 3.5yo, and you’re right, it doesn’t go away. Glad you’re feeling healthier and more stable with this pregnancy ❤️
  • Options
    Good morning!

5w 3d... tiny!

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Feeling pretttttttty good. Very tired and needing more sleep than usual, and lots of thirst, but otherwise normal. Oh yeah, very sore breasts. Mentally I feel good too, although I can't imagine my life yet with a baby. I have a travel company and am often on the move. The baby will change that but I know also we will find a new normal. I'm really bad at keeping this secret (have told some family/friends). Trying to take care of myself...
    DH is lovely and supportive but neither of us quite feels this is real and happening!!!

First US Aug 28, feels a ways off so I'm not thinking about it much yet. I also made an apt to tour the birth center Sep 13. Interesting to think by then, assuming all goes well, I will really feel pregnant. It still seems tentative right now and I am looking forward to a month from now when I'm more secure. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? DH and I live on a farm with his family (all in separate houses!)... they work together. His sister and I get along mostly fine but she often seems jealous of me and can be somewhat conniving. Also her husband isn't very nice and even though we're neighbors, we've never done something socially just as 2 couples, which seems crazy to me. Basically her husband is always working (by choice) and not very interested in family or a social life. But the rest of us are close and rely on each other. So they've been TTC about 1.5 years and conceived in May but she MC in June. I believe they are about to start TTC again. My sister in law really wants babies and is 33, her husband 41. ANYWAY I told her we were going to start TTC (actually when she was pregnant, before MC) so it should not be a huge surprise but we did conceive on our second try. I'm worried about telling her as I know she will have a range of emotions. I don't want to hurt her but I also feel weird withholding this. Any suggestions on how to be supportive and sympathetic but still excited about this? 
    My current plan is to have DH tell her, and to let her know straight up we know this will be hard for her and she doesn't have to fake a lot of happiness for her. And then I plan to just not "flaunt" it over the next 8 months... ie not rub it in her face. 

5. GTKY: What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid? Bonus points for whoever actually became it! Wanted to be a doctor but quickly realized... not for me! I so admire doctors but could never handle the life/death and the blood. Ack!
    Me & DH ~ 32
    Married 7/6/13

EDD 2/5/21

DD 4/19
  • Options
    kaleesi93kaleesi93 member
    edited August 2018
    1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 4 weeks 6 days, so either a sesame seed or almost an apple seed depending on which app you use.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Mentally I'm doing okay. Anxiety can be a bit much but every single day growing this little bean is such a blessing and I try to just focus on what I'm accomplishing instead of what might fail, eg, losing another precious baby.
    physically is good so far, normal early symptoms, smell sensitivity has set it super strong which I didn't experience in my previous pregnancy. Pretty emotional. 

no not yet! I'm an alternative health junky so I'm searching for a crunchy midwife and just waiting.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? I don't have any questions I don't think, but one thing that had me pretty upset last night was the fact that megafood pnv don't have the recommended amount of anything needed for pregnancy. And I only tried them because a friend recommended them and I was absolutely pissed she didn't research it before.. and then I chilled my butt and realized different strokes for different folks and most people do not sit up till midnight analyzing levels in 3 different vitamins... oy.

My twin brothers were born when I was 3 and from then on, my greatest ambition was to be a mommy  <3 
    later I wanted to work with animals, and for the last two years I've managed a horse farm, working with horses and teaching children. 
    We will see what the future holds 
  • Options
    I am between 5w1d and 5w4d. We are pretty convinced I ovulated later than normal. So that’s kind of up in the air right now. Baby is around the size of a peppercorn! Haha. 

Physically, I feel pretty okay aside from total exhaustion, peeing almost immediately after drinking anything and a varying degree of sore boobs. Extreme hunger is making me feel like a total fat ass! Haha!! Mentally is a whole different issue. I am freaking paranoid. Terrified to lose this baby even though things are going well so far!

I have had three beta draws and numbers are doubling as they should be. 8/7: 104, 8/10: 323 and yesterday 841. First ultrasound with my OB is Friday. 

i wish I wasn’t so paranoid and could relax and enjoy this pregnancy more. But I am so scared. I’m annoying myself and pretty sure my SO is already sick of me LOL. How are you all coping with the worry and paranoia of this critical first trimester???

i wanted to be a doctor. I’m a paramedic, so I *guess* it’s close. Doctor of the streets?? LOL. 
    E (24) + DH (30)
    2 first trimester losses (2011, 2012)
    Actively TTC since January 2014
    Project RAINBOW<3

• Options
    *TW* I am not sure if I belong here since my loss was a blighted ovum which was discovered at our 8 week appointment. This was in April.  We thought all was fine until then since my betas were perfect. It was a shock. But the sac was completely empty.  I had a natural miscarriage at home and it was a pretty horrendous day but not sure this qualifies me for this section *TW*

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 7 weeks

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? I feel normal, which is why I am petrified about another blighted ovum.  I dont feel pregnant at all.  The pregnancy was a huge shock for us as we were told we would be unable to conceive naturally.

3. Any appointment updates? Have my appointment on 8/21.  Just want to know if we have anything in their or not!

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?  Just the normal - no symptoms so wish I had symptoms, but then if I had symptoms I would probably wish them away!

5. GTKY: What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid? Bonus points for whoever actually became it! Honestly, I dont remember. But I know specifically I am the one thing I said I never wanted to be!
  • Options
    @bbbbcccceeee Don't second guess yourself - you belong here and are very welcome.  Fingers crossed there's a sticky baby in there.  And now I have to know - what do you do?!