March 2019 Moms
Options

Fit Mamas 8/6-8/12

As much as I don't look forward to my own answers, I need this accountability

Did you meet your pregnancy goals last week?
What are your goals for this week?
Challenges/Modifications?
What was one success from last week?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Fit Mamas 8/6-8/12

• Options
    Not even close. Last week was about survival.
    I'm going to say 2 workouts / walks
    Last week was my worst week for symptoms so far. And having it either be raining or 90* with 80% humidity doesn't help. The short walk from my office to the car feels like a workout. I need to plan some relatively easy conditioning workouts that have me remaining upright. There will be no downward dogs for a little while.
    Yesterday we went for a long walk at the zoo (even though it ended with us sweating our asses off and my hands/fingers swelling).
  • Options
    I haven't participated in this board yet but I think I have to for accountability (LOL)

Did you meet your pregnancy goals last week? - I didn't have any fitness goals, but I switched from carbs for breakfast to scrambled eggs - even though I'm not crazy about them. It helps me eat SLIGHTLY less throughout the rest of the day. 

What are your goals for this week? - Cut out one more "carb-session" and replace it with something healthier. Right now after breakfast it all goes downhill. I have a carb-y snack, a carb-y lunch, a carb-y dinner, and then this nightly ice cream/fudge pop habit...... It's no bueno. A second goal is to make sure that I work out at least 5 days. Last week I only managed 3. 

Challenges/Modifications? - I was eating practically Keto before I got pregnant. I was eating VERY low amounts of carbs and sugar, so now I can see myself blowing up already because that's all I'm craving. I don't eat a ton of fruits & veggies so I've been drinking V8 (per my doctor's recommendation) to supplement servings of fruits & veg..... but when you don't eat a ton of variety, it's really hard to make super healthy pregnant choices. 

What was one success from last week? - Getting off the cereal carb kick at 7am. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, but I was also on vacation and had unrealistic ideas of how much working out I’d be able to get in. 

Run 4 days, weight lifting 2 days

I need to mentally give myself some grace if I miss a workout or modifiy to something less strenuous. 

I only ate ice cream out once at the beach vs. 3-4 times haha

• Options
    Basically. I was spectating at the CrossFit Games most of the end of the week/weekend, so I didn't workout. But I did walk a ton! My main goal was to pack my food in a cooler and go to the car to eat. I was mostly successful with this, except when food aversions hit hard a few times.

Back to the gym routine. Trying for 4-5 days. I also have my first US Thursday, so hopefully everything is good. If it is, then I will tell my coach about my pregnancy at a coach's meeting on Saturday.

Dialing things back a bit. It is suppose to be a 5 rep max test week for our major lifts, but I have to remember to hold back a bit.

Stuck to clean food options and worked out when I could. We also bought a rig for our new home gym!
  • Options
    Hit my walking goal 5 out of 7 days last week...thankfully my apple watch keeps me in check lol It helped my gf was in town, so we took her out around town and did a ton of walking / sightseeing! 

About the same. My doctor has me not doing anything crazy and no lifting over 10 lbs, so won't be doing too much more til 2nd trimester.

Been eating decently for the most part, but need to challenge myself to try more / different foods so don't get bored and resort to not so good things. 

Only gave into ice cream once or twice. Bought some little sugar-free jello snacks, so when the urge for something hits, I have a substitute with low calories. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @southerngirlinwi that sounds so fun! I love Madison, it’s such a great little town. Prior to baby #1 I was an avid crossfitter but couldn’t find the time/ justify the monthly cost after having him. I did get my husband to build me a small garage gym though, but it was always way more fun in the class. 
  • Options
    @coffeeandcupcakes We aren't going to continue Crossfitting at box when the baby comes due to the cost. We are getting together a home gym, but we shall see how we use it.
  • Options
    Finally, yes!  I think setting them on here is helping my accountability. I did 3 workouts last week (I even enjoyed the last one and didn't feel like I was dying) and also did some laps kicking in our pool because it was so nice out. 

My goal for the week is to make it to 4 workouts. My girls are with my mom for the week since they don't have camp, so I have no excuse besides morning sickness, which oddly always strikes me at night. 

Challenge = not walking straight out of my gym and into Jet's Pizza once I'm done

I accomplished my goal and started to feel slightly more like my normal self at the gym. My nausea is getting better by the day so I hope this trend continues. 
  • Options
    @meggyme  I feel the exact same way. Thank you for posting this so I am forced to deal with it lol.

Not at all. Between the heat/humidity, traveling for a family wedding, work deadlines, FATIGUE, and the recurrence of morning sickness, I am lucky I survived the week! 

Try to get back on track with 3 runs and 2 cross-training days!

The heat and my exhaustion are the biggest challenges. I tend to overheat easily and I try to be really conservative while pregnant. I might have to renew my gym membership to get through August just for the AC.

I did manage to get one 5 mile run in on the only cool morning when I wasn’t feeling like death. I am calling that a success, but only because it was better than nothing! 

• Options
    Did you meet your pregnancy goals last week? Workout wise, I did. Got five workouts in, by the skin of my teeth!! It is so hot right now and the humidity is next level. GROSS.  I have a three season room off of the back of the house that I workout in soooooo it got a little steamy. 

Nutrition wise, not the best but definitely better than the week before. Before getting pregnant I was relatively low carb. Maybe one a day, sometimes none. NOW... different story. Just trying to manage that better. Really glad I’m at least getting activity in because if I wasn’t my booty would be getting out of control. My pants are getting TIGHT! 

What are your goals for this week? Continued work on nutrition, reduce current carb addiction. 

Challenges/Modifications? Challenge: Just that I’m so TIREDDDDDDD!!! I know a lot you ladies are feeling the same way! Last thing I want to do is get up at 5 and workout but I always feel better and I know it’s going to help in the long run.

What was one success from last week? Getting my workouts in. 
  • Options
    I'm with you @meggyme I need this accountability.  I didn't check in last week and it showed.

Did you meet your pregnancy goals last week?  No.  I only worked out twice, I need to be working out 4-5 times/wk.

What are your goals for this week?  At least 4 times to the gym to weight lift and do cardio.  I've been struggling on my runs lately due to shortness of breath.  I'm used to running 3 miles at a time, but the last couple of weeks all I could manage was a 1 mile run then a 1 mile walk.  This morning I ran 2 miles straight!  I'll also incorporate some swimming for cardio.  I've done that some and it's a nice change up.

Challenges/Modifications?  Just to listen to my body and not push too hard.

What was one success from last week?  I've been eating lots of salads!  It's the one thing at lunch that sounds really appetizing.  I think with this hot weather, the cool, crisp, freshness is speaking to me.
  • Options
    Did you meet your pregnancy goals last week? Unfortunately, no. I wanted to run at least three times for three miles and walk every day. I ran twice (3.5 miles each time) and walked every day. We hosted my inlaws all weekend and was another hot and humid week. I can't take the heat anymore. It makes me 10 x more tired.
    What are your goals for this week? Run 3 times, walk every day
    Challenges/Modifications? Just taking it easier than I normally would
    What was one success from last week? Running twice.
  • Options
    @chocolatelemons I agree, I lose all motivation to do anything when its this humid out.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    My goal was to run 3-4 times and I ran just twice (3.5 miles each time) but I’m still proud of that because I’ve been so tired and nauseous. I’m headed to the gym tonight though! 

I’d like to run 3 times a week if I can keep my nausea at bay. Mostly just do the best I can. 

soo tired and nausea is really kicking in! 

Monday night last week my run felt like pre pregnancy. I felt energized and strong. I loved it! 
  • Options
    Joining this board for much needed motivation and accountability!

No.  :(  I have been so exhausted and nauseous, I haven't been to the gym since MS really kicked in.

I want to get to the gym at least twice this week. I also need to start finding more snacks that aren't all carbs. I feel like everything I want to eat right now is a carb and the bloat is getting out of control.

I downloaded a fitness app that has guided workouts that I've used before. I learned they had a 40 week maternity program, so I really want to start working on that. They give you 4 workouts a week, so hopefully I can work up to that.

I took the dog on a long walk to the beach the other day. It really isn't a success, but it sure felt like one at the time 
  • Options
    @lucysmom2016 What is the name of the app you like? I am always curious to try something new! 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit It's called Aaptiv. Using their workouts was the only way I could use a treadmill without getting bored. The maternity program seems like a good mix of treadmill and strength training, so I hope it'll help me navigate working out throughout the rest of my pregnancy
  • Options
    Nope. I was pretty sick last week and had spotting on and off so I rested all week.

Well I was going to be running a relay Friday and Saturday but as of right now I’m not allowed to run due to spotting. I’ll find out more tomorrow. 

I modified everything to nap mode last week. LoL

I still got some walking in several days!
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    Did you meet your pregnancy goals last week? Strength workout M,T,Th,F with cardio on W but need to work on getting walks in, too.

What are your goals for this week? Movement everyday - hoping for 5 days of strength with walks.

Challenges/Modifications? Still only lifting max 30lbs (they told me 25lbs but DD is 33lbs so I'm going with 30) until I can talk to the Dr at my next appointment. By then more than 30lbs will probably be a struggle lol. 

What was one success from last week? One success from last week? I did a 45 minute strength workout - I've never done that not pregnant so to do it 6 weeks pregnant seems like a huge success.

Keep up the great work, ladies! Some movement while pregnant is better than nothing and is sure to lead to easier delivery & recovery :)
  • Options
    Did you meet your pregnancy goals last week? Not really, virtually no cardio last week. But with moving, etc. it wasn't super surprising. Then I became a slug and sat on the couch and napped. 
    What are your goals for this week? Try to get 10 miles of cardio in and 2 strength training sessions. 
    Challenges/Modifications? Just moving to do cardio when I feel trashy. The last thing I feel like doing is working out, but it's going to help keep my weight gain under control.
    What was one success from last week? I did get 1 strength training session in, and it went well (lifted a good amount of weight and wasn't so tired I had to crawl out of the gym). 

I'm so impressed with all of you that are still running! Running is hard for me NOT pregnant and I'm admiring those of you who are still kicking it into high gear. also kudos to everyone who's just trying to move right now. I know we all feel sick and exhausted at times and it's been hard to get anything fitness related in. way to go!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    I was really bad last week because I have a sh*tty cold, so resting. No workouts and eating junk.. oh well. Reading/ lurking to get my butt back on track.

SaveSave
  • Options
    Went to the gym for the first time in....awhile today. It did feel good to get moving and work up a good sweat, but man I was so darn tired after! I tried out a treadmill and strength workout on Aaptiv and I really liked it. I'm doing their maternity program, so the trainer does things like talk to you about how to workout to adjust to the changes in your body, encourages you to listen to your body as you workout and either increase or decrease intensity, and reminds you often to take a drink "for two" to keep you and baby hydrated. The workout was challenging for me, who has taken some time off from working out, and had average at best fitness before morning sickness kicked my tail. For someone who has a higher level of fitness, it probably wouldn't be that great of a workout, but I think it would be really great for anyone with low to average fitness who need help tailoring workouts to the changes of all 40 weeks of pregnancy. Definitely planning to stick with this and hopefully work up to doing all 4 workouts a week!
  • Options
    So starting Monday I’m doing a 15 day workout challenge with a friend for her FB fitness group. If anyone wants to join my friend’s challenge inbox me and I’ll give you the name of her group.