January 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly check-in: EDD Jan. 8-14 (w/o 8/6)

EDD?

Symptoms?

Upcoming appointments?

R/R/Q:

GTKY: 
 Describe the one day you would want to re-live (without changing anything!) from the past year (otherwise everyone will say their wedding day...:)).

Re: Weekly check-in: EDD Jan. 8-14 (w/o 8/6)

• Options

EDD?

1/9

Symptoms?

Starting to get lower back pain on the right side only.  Still nauseous right when I wake up, and very rarely at other times, normally if something triggers it.  Also still tired, but much better than previous weeks.

Upcoming appointments?

Just had an appointment last week, the next one is the A/S on the 23rd!

R/R/Q:

Rant: This weekend I dropped my phone and cracked the screen really badly.  I pay for insurance through AT&T so I filed a claim and went to the place they gave me to have it replaced for $50.  I show up and its somewhat sketchy.  It takes two hours, we hang out, and go pick it up.  Its not a "genuine Apple screen" but is one the insurance company provides.  I get like a block away driving home and my phone restarts itself.  I tried to assure myself it was just because the fix was just completed.  I was wrong- it happened three more times before I got home.  Then I tried to call AT&T, and my phone wouldn't make calls without restarting.  I used my husbands phone and called - thankfully they will replace with a brand new phone for free.  The sad news is it won't get here until tomorrow, so I will have to make it three days without a functioning phone and stay home to sign for it tomorrow.  I'll be so glad when this is fixed!

Rave: While we were waiting for my screen to be replaced, we went and ordered our last big piece of nursery furniture, our chair!  My in laws are paying for the dresser, crib, mattress (all getting delivered tomorrow so my MIL can set them up while she's visiting us this week), so we are splurging on a Pottery Barn swivel glider and ottoman that's like the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in.  I cant wait for it to be delivered and just sit in it forever, especially when baby gets here!  I will say the timeline is insane - it's over 10 weeks until delivery - it will get here just before Thanksgiving!  Insane!  Glad we ordered now!

GTKY:  Describe the one day you would want to re-live (without changing anything!) from the past year (otherwise everyone will say their wedding day...:)).

This is such a hard question!  We've had a great year this past year with so many options for one day to relive.  I would say probably one of our days in London where we went shopping at Harrods (including picking up our first baby item), getting a traditional Sunday roast, and going to the Harry Potter Studio with my husband and one of my best friends.  My other top choice would be the day we ran the Disney Princess Half Marathon - it was such an amazing feeling of accomplishment in one of my favorite places in the world.  And I'm already thinking of two more great days...  I'm so glad we've had such a great year before baby comes making lots of "couple only" memories!  Can't wait for the next year of awesomeness!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jgil85jgil85 member
    edited August 2018
    EDD? 1/14

Symptoms? 
    Nothing really, I'm having some cramping and baby seems really low but I feel good otherwise.

Upcoming appointments: 
    towards the end of the month I'll have an appointment and then can schedule my ultrasound. 

R/R/Q: 
    I can't really feel baby kick around just yet and it's making me sad. By this time with ds, i felt little pops when I'd be laying down. But i don't feel anything with this little guy. 

GTKY: 
     Describe the one day you would want to re-live (without changing anything!) from the past year (otherwise everyone will say their wedding day...:)).
    I'd probably want to relive ds' first birthday party. We had it at an upscale restaurant/bowling alley/bocce place and it was so much fun. I definitely took everything in and enjoyed every second. It also helped that the food and drinks were amazing and this was about a week before I found out I was pregnant so I most definitely indulged. DH and I had a great time and we both commented that it was the first time we actually felt like time didn't move at warp speed and we got to take it all in. 

Oh and lol to wanting to re-live our wedding day. Our wedding day was great because we got married but it was a hot-mess express with our family members. DH and I both agreed we should have just eloped and been done with it. 
  • Options
    @jgil85 I've thought the same about my wedding as well. I had an uncle who offered to give us $2,000 for a honeymoon if we just eloped. I turned him down because I wanted a wedding. But dealing with family made it difficult to enjoy. That paid-for honeymoon sounded like a much better deal after all was said and done. 
  • Options
    I have been super MIA, sorry ladies! I hate the Bump App so much, and don't log in on my computer often.

EDD? 1/9

Symptoms? I am feeling a lot better, overall, but have had a lot of back pain recently. And I think I may have an umbilical hernia, which isn't painful, but it is grossing me out!

Upcoming appointments? Our next appt is the anatomy scan on the 24th. That feels like forever away. I'm having a hard time feeling like this pregnancy is real, so hopefully the anatomy scan will help?

R/R/Q: Rave: I think that we have finally weaned DS. He will be 3 at the end of September, and nursing has been so incredibly painful. But we are on day three of no nursing, even at nap and bedtime. Hallelujah. My boobs need a break before this next baby comes.

GTKY:  Describe the one day you would want to re-live (without changing anything!) from the past year (otherwise everyone will say their wedding day...:)).  This is so silly, but I would want to relive Halloween. For some reason, DS is obsessed with all things creepy, and all things Halloween. He watches Nightmare before Christmas over, and over, and over. But last Halloween was really magical for him. He is normally really shy, but he loved trick or treating, and then he tried to pass out all of the candy he had gotten to the kids that came to our door. It was just a really fun, sweet day. It took him a while to realize that you can't go door-to-door everyday!

@jgil85 I can totally relate. I haven't felt this little guy at all. I need to feel some movement soon just to ease my mind.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @julesf817 I'm so sorry! I would be pretty bummed too. Is there anything fun to do solo around there? Spa day?
  • Options
    @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt due date buddies! :) Also your Denver trip sounds lovely- I live there and Red Rocks is always a beautiful go-to that makes me feel much more centered and in awe of the beauty of nature. Glad you had the chance to do such a relaxing solo trip.

@julesf817 glad your appointment went well! And sorry you got the eyebrow raise in regards to weight, it sounds like you're doing great and you know things are going well. Care providers seem to vary a lot in their opinion of exact weight gain and how important it is. 

@jgil85 for movement~ do you have an anterior placenta?

EDD?
    1/11

Symptoms?

Gas and general laziness. I get dizzy easily so have to get up and down slowly. Also continuing to want food all the time and thinking about food all day, yet not actually being able to eat a ton at once. Feeling lots of baby tickling :)

Upcoming appointments?
    Not until 8/31 for the AS, when I'll be 21 weeks! Also have a routine prenatal appt on the same day.

R/R/Q:
    Rant: My boss vented to me for over an hour this morning about how her boss always vents higher up stuff to her and wastes time/stresses her out, yet was actively doing the same thing to me as she was complaining about it (and does this nearly every day). I just couldn't even with the lack of self-awareness.

Rave: Am starting to finally show and feel the baby move more, which makes the pregnancy feel more real.

Q: In terms of the anatomy scan, are they able to determine major disorders like downs? We didn't do genetic testing so was curious (and have read conflicting information).

GTKY: 

Last winter H and I rented a cozy cabin in the woods. It was snowing and they had a hot tub and lots of movies. It was just awesome to get away, relax and not have cell phone reception.
  • Options
    @merostomata Of course as soon as I complain about lack of movement, I feel him moving like crazy every day! I was having bi-weekly ultrasounds for a little bit and never did she say anything about anterior placenta. 
  • Options
    @jgil85 of course that's how it goes! Glad you're feeling those little movements! :)
  • Options
    EDD? 1/8

Symptoms? 
    Constipation and dry skin! Whyyyy? Lol

Upcoming appointments? 
    Our AS on the 21st!

R/R/Q:
    RAVE: I’m feeling baby move from the outside now too! Those kicks are so strong! Even caught a giant (for only being 17w5d at the time) roll on video the other day. Which is insane. I didn’t feel my daughter till 20 weeks and didn’t feel outside movement till almost 22 weeks. 

GTKY: 
     Describe the one day you would want to re-live (without changing anything!) from the past year (otherwise everyone will say their wedding day...:)). I’m not sure, I suppose last Christmas.. DD was old enough to really get into the whole idea for Christmas and it seemed like the most magical Christmas I’ve had since being a child myself. 

• Options
    helleebelleehelleebellee member
    edited August 2018
    EDD?

Symptoms?

Exhausted. Cramps. Braxton hicks. Bleeding. 

Upcoming appointments?
    The 16th.   

R/R/Q: 
    My drs office called on the 1st to reschedule my appointment for the 9th because my dr was going to be out of town. They asked if I wanted go in on the 2nd or the 16th. I was fighting a stomach bug at the time and decided on the 16th.  *TW* I got out of bed a few hours after that and started bleeding bright red with clots. It wasn't as bad as it sounds, I promise, but it was enough that I called the dr and let him know what was going on.  I told him there was no way I could make the 5 hour drive back to see him since I was sick, and he was okay with that based on what I was telling him. So we decided to just watch it and if it got worse, then I'd go to the local hospital. And when I say local, I mean driving 1.5 hours to the nearest hospital. Sucks living in the middle of nowhere. The bleeding stopped by Tuesday night.  The only thing keeping me sane is the fact that I can still feel baby kicking around.  Here's to one more week of waiting. 

GTKY: 
    The day I got my tattoo and mohawk and my mom decided I was white trash.  I would do that day over a million times just to see her reaction. I happen to love my tattoo and my mohawk, and that's all that matters.  Also, my wedding day would be the last day I'd want to re-live. I made some shady decisions that day.  :#;)