April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 1 Check in w/o 8-6

luckywife10luckywife10 member
edited August 2018 in April 2019 Moms
This check-in is for ladies due 4/1-4/7 (or March due dates) 

Due date

Any appointments?

Questions

How are you feeling?

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert

Re: Week 1 Check in w/o 8-6

• Options
    Due date: 4/4

Appointment: Aug 20th!

Questions: nothing at the moment. Oddly enough

Feeling?: super bloated this morning. Been super exhausted with that deep mild cramping and random uterus and breast twinges.

Dessert?: theres a cake at my favorite cafe in town that I have to get everytime I go. It's basically a yellow cake with chocolate icing but it's so much more than that. Not sure how but its the best cake ever.
  • Options
    @nottodaysatan that cake sounds so good!

Due date
    : 4-1

Any appointments? Not until Sept 10. I'm supposed to go in the week before, but I'm not able to get work off so I have to wait until the following week :(

Questions? Nope

How are you feeling? Tired and hungry, DS is draining all of the limited energy that I have.

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? Chocolate chip cookies and chocolate ice cream with carmel, fudge, peanut butter, or anything extra!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date:
    4/2/19

Any appointments?
    Next Monday is intake and my first ultrasound.

Questions
    None.
    How are you feeling?
    Bloated, gassy, and nauseous! I am definitely pregnant. Oh- and terribly hormonal. My FB feed is filled with back to school pics and I got a little weepy looking at them this morning.

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert
    Anything chocolate, and rich.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Options
    @BarefootContessa So exciting your ultrasound is so soon!  And p.s. I love your username (huge Ina fan here).

Due date

4/6/19 - I think.  I got pregnant right after my IUD was taken out and I never had a regular cycle, so I have no idea when I o'd.  Going off of probable DTD date based on when I got my BFP.

Any appointments?
    This Thursday is my nurse intake paperwork meeting.  It is really annoying that they make me have that separate from the day of my ultrasound which isn't until 8/28! 

Questions
    None. 

How are you feeling?
    Just dealing with the usual stuff - ton of bloating and exhaustion.  The bloating is already causing my clothes not to fit which is totally not cool.  I am also really struggling with not talking to anyone about the pregnancy until after our first appointment.  It is our third child and I'm feeling excited, but definitely anxious.

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert?  
    Anything fruit filled - I am really not a chocolate fan (blasphemous, I know!)

Me (35) & DH (35)
    Married: August 2009
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • Options
    @socks2819 Thanks! I'm anxious. My last pregnancy ended in a late loss so I've been pressing to be handled differently this go around; otherwise they'd let me go until August 27 until I got to see this bean.

I see we are both on our third baby! Fun!

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Options
    @BarefootContessa Sorry for your loss.  And more power to you for taking control - sometimes doctors' stupid rules get in the way of motherly intuition and what you need for your own sanity.  And yes, three it is.  I still have heart palpitations when I say that!
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • Options
    @socks2819 I'm dealing with bloating too and I hate being in that weird stage of regular clothes don't really fit but maternity clothes are too big. 

@BarefootContessa I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, we have friends that just experienced late term loss this week and it is very heartbreaking. I'm hoping for good news from your appointment!

Due date: 4/7 based on LMP 

Any appointments? First appt and ultrasound is 8/20

Questions? nah

How are you feeling? Tired, bloated, happy, anxious. I can tell my heart rate is up and I get short of breath sometimes. I'm really hoping my insomnia has passed, I can't take being exhausted and working at the same time.

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? Pretty much anything as long as it's not key lime or coconut. There is a local place that makes good cakes and I like the chocolate mocha buttercream cake, yum!
  • Options
    Due date: I think April 4th based on my calculations 

Any appointments:  
    I have my first appt tomorrow afternoon!

Questions: 
    not yet...

How are you feeling?  
    actually pretty good!  A little bloated and I haven’t been sleeping great, but fine other than that!

Dessert:  
    I don’t know if I can pick just one!  I loveeee dessert!  For now I’m going to say cookie dough ice cream.
  • Options
    @BarefootContessa sorry for your loss. I’m glad you’re being seen earlier. 

Due date
    : March 30

Any appointments? August 13

How are you feeling? I am so gassy, and not very hungry. Super exhausted too. DH just started a new job, and DD was very upset that he wasn’t home this morning. 

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? I love Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Therapy ice cream. I live in SoCal where it’s currently in triple digits, so ice cream is my BFF
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    dani2989dani2989 member
    edited August 2018
    Due date: 4/2

Any appointments? August 16

How are you feeling? Lots of nausea and bloating. I've been pretty tired, but not as bad today, hopefully that keeps up. 

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? homemade chocolate or strawberry ice cream. or milkshakes.
  • Options
    Due date: 4/7

Any appointments? 8/27

How are you feeling? Very tired, heartburn, not much of an appetite, slightly nauseous, bloated. I am so excited about this baby, but I can't help feeling nervous because of the miscarriage my husband and I had to go through during my last pregnancy. 

What is your favorite dessert? 
    Candy...sour skittles, tropical skittles, starbursts, but recently I have been craving s'mores Haha 

• Options
    Due date: 4/1

Any appointments? 8/30. It's such a loooong wait! :s

Questions? I will accept all "nausea at work and still keep it a secret" advice. Currently trying to eat something small every 2 hours. I shifted my schedule to arrive later in the morning by an hour without telling anyone that I'm pregnant. My job is mostly a desk job. I have emergency plastic bags at my desk. The bathroom is very far away. My co-workers and boss sit RIGHT next to me, so I have no privacy.

How are you feeling? Nausea, but no vomiting. Lots of false alarms. "Bloat" doesn't accurately describe what I feel. It's more like the inside of my body has turned into an Instant Pot, and all of my skin and muscles in my abdomen are stretched to their limits trying to contain all the pressure. I had to unbutton my pants...at work... Good thing I had a long flowy shirt to hide it. Also, between nausea and fatigue, it legit takes me 3 hours to get ready in the morning...

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? Right now, fruit is the only thing that sounds good to me through the nausea. One of my friends gave me a super sweet mango last weekend, and it tasted better than any dessert I have ever had in my life.

@BarefootContessa @kristin2519 so sorry for your losses! fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    @loveanddatadriven Honestly, last time with all nausea and no vom, I was useless at work. I told my coworkers pretty quickly because of it. However, having plenty of ginger (or lemon-ginger tea to stick my nose into, and an electric kettle on my desk to make it) helped some.
  • Options
    @loveanddatadriven I'm already coming to work using the hair band trick so my pants are "unbuttoned" but stay up.  I pretty much only wear flowy tops now too.  You may want to try a bella band (Target) so you can wear your pants unbuttoned/unzipped and it'll hold your pants up. I wish I had told my boss last time because I was so sick, you'll have to decide if it's worth it to tell them. I found that ginger ale, saltines, and apple sauce helped me get through the roughest days.
  • Options
    @lyse01 Thanks for the suggestions! I'm playing it by ear if I'll tell my coworkers. I think if my work output slips too much, I'll tell them, otherwise not. Mostly because I don't know what all the consequences would be and if it could jeopardize my job. (*TW?) My friend had a promotion retracted when she told her boss she was pregnant and then lost her job when she was on maternity leave last year, so it (sexism? maternity-ism?) definitely still happens. (*end TW)

@gollygeeitsamy Thanks for the pants tricks! I'll check out getting a bella band. Applesauce sounds just perfect.
  • Options
    @loveanddatadriven that makes me sick and appalled that your friend not only had a promotion retracted AND lost her job. Depending on where you are that is absolutely illegal. At least it's illegal where I am. I've already told my employer and plan on taking the same time I took with DD which is a full 12 weeks. I get 6 weeks of that paid 80% of my salary. Still working at the same place with two promotions since. I hope your employer is one who is ahead of the curve when it comes to discrimination.

• Options
    @lyse01 what kind of lemon or ginger did you use exactly? Fresh lemons, ground ginger, etc? I have a bottle of lemon juice at home and I am considering pouring a little on a tissue and putting it in a Ziploc bag to keep close when I need the smell. 

On a related note, wondering if essential oils are safe while pregnant? I've heard it both ways. I plan on asking my doctor at my appointment, but I'm curious if anyone knows.
  • Options
    @luckywife10 - Bigelow Lemon-Ginger Tea, from your local grocer. I’m not one to recreate the wheel when ill, and it was more subtle because I frequently drank tea anyway.

I also kept ginger snaps and dried fruit in my desk as snacks.
  • Options
    Also, hiiiii team Week 1! Just had a dating ultrasound and the guess is April 4, like a week and a half earlier than my guess.
  • Options
    @lyse01 that's when I'm due currently! I'm sure my date will change when I go in but yay!
  • Options
    Due date:  4/3

Any appointments? on 8/21 first appointment

Questions? nope!

How are you feeling? normal. lots of ride side cramping though.

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert?  apple pie (mostly crust, less apples)
  • Options
    Due date: anywhere from 4/7-4/11

Any appointments? I need progesterone to support early pregnancy, so I went in for an intake a few days ago. I scheduled my first real appointment for 8/29.

BUT there were concerns about ectopic so I was in the ER earlier today. Blob is in the uterus and I just have a cyst causing pain so that's good news. The ER wants me to be seen again in 10 days though so I'll hopefully be going in sooner.

Questions? Newp

How are you feeling? Pretty crappy. But now that I know things are where they ought to be I'm good with it. Just means things are progressing. 

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? That's a trick question. I can't pick one!!
  • Options
    Also I have no idea how these boards work with tagging and whatnot. But I'm super happy to see other momma's expecting number 3!!
  • Options
    @plumpoppies if you type the "@" sign and then start typing a name (without a space after @) you can tag people :)
  • Options
    @plumpoppies I’m happy things looked good in the ER for you. And cheers to another future momma of 3! I like that there are so many of us. Power in being outnumbered lol.
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • Options
    @angelob88 sorry for the post and go! it is definitely illegal here, too. My friend works in a tiny industry where everyone knows everyone. She could have legally challenged the company, but risked blacklisting herself in her industry. Her husband's career was also tied up in the fate of her company, so they had to make a tough decision for their family. Get entangled in a legal battle or let it slide and keep some stability?

Anyway, I'm not worried about losing my job. I just don't think I know all of the impacts of telling work early. Will all conversations become baby-centric? Will I be diverted from challenging long-term projects, even subconsciously, by my boss?

@lyse01 Welcome to Week 1 group! I'm happy you're here. :)

@plumpoppies Your ER trip sounds so scary! I can't imagine what that felt like. :s I'm so so happy everything turned out well.
  • Options
    @loveanddatadriven

I'm feeling much better now. It wouldn't have been nearly as scary if it weren't an Italian ER. Universal healthcare is.... not all its cracked up to be.