Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Wednesday 08/08

*This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle

CD/DPO

Timing

Typical LP length:

Testing

R/R

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Wednesday 08/08

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 29/9 or 10

Timing: Thinking good

Typical LP length: 9

Testing: new expensive ones coming in via amazon tmrw... 

R/R: FINALLY getting our washer and dryer in this week... I will say, if anyone is thinking of buying from Lowes, ours was incredibly helpful when we found out the ones we bought were back-ordered until mid Sept. They basically said to come in and pick whatever we want for the price we paid on the other set. 

needless to say... 

CS/Q
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 17/3

Timing: -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: Unsure - this is the first time I've Od since coming off BC in April

Testing: Not yet

R/R: I'm not really sure about this month's timing. Frankly, I wasn't sure if I was even going to O - I've been having an-O cycles since April so we were more or less just having fun  :D Maybe it'll be enough, maybe it won't be. Meh. FX. 

MH and I held our Family Ops meeting last night and it turns out that I MAY be able to join him on his super-special work trip next month which is during FW (!! I was so bummed about missing it!). I winked and said, "Lets make a baby on your trip, hotstuff!" and he goes, "I'm nervous," - with a completely deadpan face. It really caught me off guard.

He talks about babies with his friends often, and even brings up the subject. A few friends know we've started trying (which I'm not a fan of, but he's said it out of excitement with the best of intentions). He's helped me scout out good docs through his coworkers (I'm new to the area), we've planned it all financially, etc. His comment last night made me a little sad. I know that everyone who takes this seriously is a little nervous (so am I) but ...I don't know. I suppose I want him to be as (outwardly?) excited as I am. 

CS/Q:
    I'm brand new to this daily - when do you ladies typically test? Seems like its all over the board according to which test you use?

Chart in spoiler if you're interested. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @harrierwife congrats on the o! I'm sorry your DH had that reaction, but sometimes (sweeping generalization ahead) I think men often do things/say things that really don't mean anything deeper and then we get in our head about what it "actually" means. I do it ALL the time. My H has said several times - "oh I just said that and then I moved on... never meant anything more!" So maybe he is nervous (like I think we all can be at times) but that's all and is still excited!

Also, I've read several places that the average implantation is 9 DPO and even then, most women won't turn a test. I think this link was shared with me earlier: https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    edited August 2018
    @chichiphin that was nice of them. 

@harrierwife I usually try and wait until 10 dpo but some start early like 8 dpo. 

Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD/DPO: 23/11 (edited Cycle day) 

Timing: - 4,-3,-2,-1,0,+1

Typical LP length: 12-13 

Testing: wfaf

R/R: pretty much going to mope around today. Had a large drop in temp so not hopeful at all. 

CS/Q: 
  • Options
    @chichiphin I am so looking forward to my washer coming in. It is a wedding present from my parents. My MIL almost didn't accept it until I gave her a talking to :D 

@harrierwife MH said something similar early on. He is afraid of not wanting to spend time with our child because of still wanting to do his hobbies. It can be a scary conversation because you feel like you are alone in the process, but it is good to talk about it. We have a plan to make sure each of us still gets our "me" time so that we don't feel overwhelmed. I hope you are able to talk it out. With regards to your testing questions, I don't test unless AF doesn't show. Implantation for me is typically around 9 or 10 dpo so my hormone levels won't be high enough until 3 to 4 days after implantation. This puts it right around the time AF would be due for me. I did break earlier this week and test with First Response, but it was too early.

Month/Cycle
    : 18/15

CD/DPO: 26/11

Timing: -5, -3, -1

Typical LP length: 13-14

Testing: Maybe Saturday if AF doesn't show.

R/R: Nothing really

CS/Q:
  • Options
    @asupernovablizzardstorm Sorry for the temp drop hun. Until AF shows though, you are not out <3
  • Options
    *lurking*
    @chichiphin - We buy from Lowes for reasons like that. DH has a good rapport with several of the salesmen at our local Lowes and we get all kinds of deals from them.

@harrierwife *TW: BFP* I was able to turn a test on 10 dpo with a FRER. If it's internet cheepies, I might wait til 12 DPO or the day AF is due. Btw, I think I disagree with FF and would put you at 2DPO today.
  • Options
    @chichiphin are you going to test tomorrow after they come in or wait till Friday morning?

@harrierwife Congrats on O! That's always very exciting for the first time off BC. FX your timing was good enough! Testing is a personal choice. Some are anxious and start testing really early (8/9 dpo), and some will wait a day or two before AF is supposed to arrive, some can manage to wait till after AF is supposed to show up. Depends on how long you can personally hold out before you cave in and test if you are just crazy about peeing on sticks. Or maybe depending on what tests you have. I used to be really obsessive about testing early because I thought "how cute would that be if I could catch it early and watch the line get darker" and now I try to wait as long as I can. I have the Wondfo cheapies from Amazon. I will usually do at least one the day AF is due if I haven't already done one a day or two before. I know there can be mixed reviews on some of the cheapies being able to even detect before missed AF. countdowntopregnancy.com will give you best dates to test like @chichiphin said. I will be testing this time around 10/11 dpo.

@asupernovablizzardstorm I'm sorry about your temp drop. <3

Month/Cycle
    : 14/14

CD/DPO:  24/8

Timing: -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 11

Testing: Waiting till Friday or Saturday unless my cramps get worse at which point I'll just WFAF.

R/R: Cramping started yesterday, but it's been pretty mild and not too frequently. At times I try to convince myself it's just gas, really really low gas and not AF sending in her RSVP.

CS/Q: nope
  • Options
    @thegirlwhowaited_ since I won't get them until I get to work, I'll prob wait for Friday (if I'm still in the game at that point)
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @harrierwife Firstly, congrats on the O cycle! With the nerves, both DH and I have been that person. I think it's definitely a good thing for him to express that even though it's an unsettling surprise and not ideal timing to have those feelings brought up.

Excuse this long ramble but I hope it's helpful: When I was that person, DH was very excited and would not join the what-ifs conversation.. it made things fester for me and it was pretty hard on our relationship. This year, when it came up for DH, I investigated. I asked him what the things were that were scaring him.. typical stuff like our relationship, personal time, physical space, personal goals and desires, finances. It seemed like a lot but I thought about it all, actually made a spreadsheet and answered all of his concerns with options, as well as added things that I felt were his personal goals and how I would help him achieve those. Eventually, he really had nothing to worry about because I had come up with good solutions to everything and he got back on the same baby-loving page as me. 
  • Options
    meri-macmeri-mac member
    edited August 2018
    @mamanbebeJe vous en prie de m'excuser si vous avez déjà répondu à cette question, mais êtes- vous francophone?/Sorry if you have answered this already, but are you francophone?

Edit because I'm silly.
  • Options
    Well, I'm still technically here but I won't post the big spiel. I got a BFN on 9DPO, so I'm mostly WFAF but I'll POAS on Friday just not super hopeful. Temps on a slow decline, although FF calls them stable. That VIP feature is bad for my life...obsessively watching it all the time.  :/

Crazy day today, sorry I won't have time to respond to everyone else! 

Chart:

• Options
    Aw @harrierwife I totally relate to both you and your husband! I absolutely have moments of feeling freaked out about TTC -- but I get a little panicky if SO mentions any of his own nerves! Just like your H he talks a lot about babies, has mentioned TTC to numerous friends, talks about various things we would do with a baby...but will still sometimes turn to me and be like...Yikes. It's just such a huge thing!

I completely agree with @chichiphin -- it certainly wasn't necessarily an overall assessment of how he feels, he may have just been in a mood where he was thinking of the aspects that make him nervous rather than excited. Talking about the things that make both of you anxious about it (as I'm sure you have at various times) could help -- just facing the reality together that yeah it is nerve-racking and it's okay to feel multiple ways about it as long as you're committed to being in it together. I think it's just one of those things where being able to share your fears and reiterating that you'll figure it out as a team can be really helpful and make everything seem less scary -- and your feelings about his anxiety could be part of that convo too!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 31/9 dpi according to Glow app but who knows really. Just went off bc (IUD) on 7/23.

Timing: -4, -1

Typical LP length: *shrug emoji* eeks I hope it all becomes clearer in the next couple months!

Testing: waiting till next week if it's even necessary this month

R/R: nothing really

• Options
    klmcguireklmcguire member
    edited August 2018
    chichiphin My old W/D ate everything I put in it. I pretty much made love to my new one when I got it!! 

harrierwife  Your timing and chart look great! Yay for ovulating! 

Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD/DPO: 17/3

Timing: -5,-3,-2 (Giving shettles method a try)

Typical LP length: 12-13

Testing: Probably start testing way to early with cheapos and use a FRER on 10DPO

Chart in spoiler

• Options
    klmcguireklmcguire member
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    @meri-macNon, je ne parle pas très bien. Je veux reprendre les cours bientôt. I used to work for French companies and had taken lessons for work/travel but now I am très mal :) 
  • Options
    harrierwifeharrierwife member
    edited August 2018
    @klmcguire - the Shettles Method! I just heard about this not too long ago. Its really fascinating.

Also, thanks to everyone for their input about my H and his reaction last night. We're good communicators so I'll be sure to keep his feelings high-up on the docket. He's down for all this, but it took him a little while to resolve it all in his head. I love the spreadsheet idea!
  • Options
    @mamanbebe If you ever need someone to help you, I used to be a French teacher :) Je vous souhaite bon succès!
  • Options
    @meri-mac merci! i may take you up on that :)