Due date

Any appointments?

Questions

How are you feeling?

GTKY: What is your favorite season

Re: Week 2 Check-In (8/6)

• Due date: 4/8

Any appointments? Consultation with a birthing center today at 2:30pm

Questions? No questions really. Mainly going to talk about my options for birthing naturally after c-section.

How are you feeling? Not too bad today, I'm sure the nausea will hit soon though, I was a little dizzy this morning

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Spring. I love the smell of fresh rain and watching new life pop up after the snow goes away. I'm pretty happy that I get to have a brand new baby in the spring this time around.

• Thanks for starting this @angelob88!

Due date: 4/10 

Any appointments? First appointment scheduled for 8/27!

Questions? None right now.

How are you feeling? Just getting up and out of bed, so not awful yet :P.  Here's hoping the daily migraines don't start this week (I'm prone to them normally, hormones mess them up even more).

GTKY: What is your favorite season? It's a tie between spring and autumn.  I love the new growth and birdsong in spring, and we have gorgeous hardwood fall foliage where I am!  I enjoy being out in nature, but summer is just too stinking hot for me and my car is awful in the snow, haha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @angelob88, good luck at your appointment!  I wish we had a birthing center option around me, but the closest is two hours away and DH is against it.

@50Wife, good luck at your labs today!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.  And :lol: at your meme!  Halloween was always my favorite holiday as a kid. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt migraines sound terrible. I used to have them too and so far nothing, does Tylenol help you at all or are you stuck trying to ride them out?

@50Wife I also LOL'd at that meme. Made my morning. Good luck with labs! 

• @angelob88, it depends on how severe they are.  Usually if Tylenol doesn't work, a combination of Tylenol and ibuprofen does (although ibuprofen is what we aren't supposed to take now, right?).  I have a prescription for them also, but I never take it since my PA said it will make you sleepy, don't take before work or driving.  So uh... how does that help?  :expressionless:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt yeah I know Ibuprofen is frowned upon during pregnancy. Excedrin migraine works for me and I brave it even with the slight caffeine and aspirin. Nice with the prescription, give you something that's supposed to help and then the side effects make you unable to use it during the day. Fingers crossed they stay away for you!

• Due date: 4/8 (though I'll likely have a RCS the 1st week... TBD)

Any appointments? First ultrasound on 8/20! Can't come soon enough

Questions? Anyone else have experience with completely different pregnancies? My first was ROUGH. Now I don't really feel pregnant. Of course I have no idea how I felt at week 5. I know by week 8 I was hooked up to an IV all day because of throwing up so much... But I don't remember what week my morning sickness started.

How are you feeling? I feel great. I have some minor nausea here and there but it's short lived. I'm honestly a little worried about how not pregnant I feel. I know that's common for some women. It's just so different from my first it seems. 

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Fall. The crisp air, boots, scarves, great holidays, everything is starting to feel festive! It's the best!
  • Thanks @angelob88!

@berky84, I've already noticed big differences between this pregnancy and my last one.  I keep trying to remind myself every pregnancy is different.  With my first, my boobs were my first symptom and I felt vaguely nauseated all first tri.  This time so far the worst symptom is bloating/burping and my nipples are just feeling sore now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi ladies!

Due date: 4/10/18

Any appointments? Made my apt today! 8/28 :smiley: Can't wait... also I expect to be pretty nervous by then.

Questions? Why is it so hard to keep the secret?! I have told my immediate family and a handful of friends. Waiting to tell DH's family. We live on a farm with them. His older sister just had a MC and I'm trying to be sensitive, going to be difficult breaking the news.

How are you feeling? Very normal. Sore breasts but otherwise the same. Felt weird to not get a period. This is my first pregnancy so I'm not really sure what to expect. But I am oddly looking forward to morning sickness since it's a "good sign"... 

GTKY: What is your favorite season? I love fall weather but I live on an apple farm so fall = crazy busy. So, summer! I love the freedom, lake swimming, gardening, and the way the pace of life and work slows a bit for us.
    Me & DH ~ 32
    Married 7/6/13

EDD 2/5/21

DD 4/19
  • Due date: April 11

Any appointments? Not yet, scheduling one around 9 weeks

Questions? Not right now!

How are you feeling? I'm actually feeling great compared to my last pregnancy so far. Similar to @berky84, it was ROUGH last time, throwing up constantly. So I kind of feel like I'm tip toeing around trying not to waken a beast the of MS lol. I'm just hungry lol

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Fall for sure. The rainy days, crunchy leaves, Halloween and any other basic thing about it haha It makes me so giddy
  • Due date: April 11th ( DD’s 6th birthday, makes me wish we waiting a little longer) 

Any appointments? Scheduled my first Ultrasound for August 23rd

Questions? Anyone else having insane dreams? I’m having crazy nightmares just about every night for the last week and it’s making me crazy. 

How are you feeling? I’m doing ok right now. Hoping the nausea doesn’t come back but I know that’s unrealistic

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Fall! Love the trees changing color
  • mermaidcamermaidca member
    edited August 2018
    Hi everyone!! It's a quiet day on vacation so I thought I'd check in.  So happy to see these up!!!

Due date
    : 4/12

Any appointments? My first with my doc is on the 16th.  I'm sure she'll order an u/s right away.  I had twins last time and it was high risk so I'm sure ill have lots of appointments this time too.

Questions?  Not yet.

How are you feeling?  Tired.  My boobs are huuuuge and sore.  I'm getting tired of that.  Like a few of you my last pregnancy was rough.  I lost 15lbs in my first trimester so I'm hoping the nausea stays awaybfoe a while more.

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Autumn.  The smells, the leaves, sweaters, aahhhh. 

ETA I said August instead of autumn.  Can I blame baby brain already....?
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hi everyone! I see a lot of y’all have the same due date as me, so fun! 

Due date: April 10 (my brother’s birthday is the 18th and mine is the 29th, so April is special to me)

Any appointments? I got scheduled for  August 16th. This is earlier than I thought they’d schedule me for, so I’m still hoping to get an ultrasound. 

Questions? Is it normal to sleep nearly half the amount I used to? Why do I feel perfectly fine some days, and awful on others? I have literally hundreds of questions. Being a first time mom is more confusing than I thought, and I’m honestly kind of scared. 

How are you feeling? Right now I’m okay, I just woke up from a nap and it really helped me feel better. I’m struggling with severe back pain, and I’m too nervous to take anything for it so I’ve resorted to using a microwaveable pillow for 10 min. at a time. I’ve had some nausea, but I already have digestive conditions so I’m coping with that really well. Biggest issue right now is my nerves. 

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Winter, hands down. It’s not that cold in south Texas but it’s cold enough for cute sweaters and boots. And hot chocolate of course. I can’t wait to bundle up with my bump! 

• @himolly88, I totally understand the difficulty keeping it a secret!  It's very understanding of you to give it some time before breaking the news to your SIL. 

@harveyisaboysname, I had a crazy dream last night, but I'm not sure if that's pregnancy related or just my norm.  I'm in the same boat as you about birthdates, kinda wishing we skipped trying this month (EDD is the same week as DS's birthday), but trying to go with the flow.  What's meant to happen, happens!

@mermaidca, I lost 10 pounds in the first tri with DS also.  Ugh, not looking forward to that.  How is your vacation going?

@sdelg09, I was super nervous as a first time mom also.  If you're like me, reading and doing research can help with that anxiety!  I felt completely terrified going into pregnancy and labor with no prior experience.  Reading other mom's stories helped me stay calm.  Also, basically blame hormones for everything.  I feel fine one day and then exhausted the next!  We're growing humans... it's tiring :lol: .  And maybe ask your doctor what you can take for your back, but Tylenol should be fine.  I know they don't recommend ibuprofen.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Also, I'm jealous of all the U/S appointments already!  They told me that they won't do an ultrasound at the first appointment, so I'm just hoping they'll schedule me for another appointment shortly after for one.  It makes me feel better to see it in there.  With my first, I insisted on having one early because I didn't trust the pee tests!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @harveyisaboysname SAME! Crazy dreams every night!! So real feeling too. I feel more tired after such insane dreams 
  • Due date is 04/09. 
    Appointment is scheduled for 08/31. 
    No questions...yet. 
    I’m really tired and occasionally nauseous. 
    My favorite season is fall. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Due date: 4/14

Any appointments? Tried to call and make one today but learned my Dr (whom I specifically picked because she was an OB!) doesn't do maternity anymore. She's going to call me back tomorrow with a referral. 

Questions?  Right now hoping that whichever new OB I go to will be able to deliver at the hospital I want. We have 2 huge and competing healthcare groups where I live and I really don't like one of the local hospitals. 

How are you feeling? Took 2 cat naps today and ate lots of fresh veggies so I'm feeling pretty good right now! However, these sore/sensitive bewbs are making me not even want to wear a shirt right now! 

GTKY: What is your favorite season? WINTER. I always feel very alone in this but I LOVE a good blizzard and nothing makes me happier than cold, fresh air. I love the sight of bare branches and my favorite thing to do is cozy up with a good book, a warm drink, and my fireplace :)
  • @scp2585, I do love a good book and cup of hot chocolate.  Winter used to be my favorite as a kid, after driving in it and having to deal with roof issues/home ownership though I'm less of a fan :lol:.

Ugh, that blows about your doctor!  I hope you find a new one that you like.  I'm going to a big hospital that has tons of OBs and I've never met any of them :expressionless: .  The last hospital I went to I really disliked my OB so I'm hoping I like some of the rotating ones at this hospital!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Due date: 4/08

Any appointments? August 22 first appt and ultrasound

Questions? None at the moment

How are you feeling? Exhausted and anxious 

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Fall, I love the colors and the cooler weather. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving so that's another reason lol. 
  • Hi ladies! Just wanted to pop in for a quick update (we're on vacation this week so I'll be more active next week!)
    Labs looked great, my numbers more than doubled since Friday so she sounded very happy. First ultrasound will be Monday before going back to work for the week! She's assuming we may see a heartbeat by then!! Eeeeek! At least that appt will make the end of vacation a bit easier. 
    Hope you all have a great week :) 
  • Yay! That's so exciting, @50Wife:smile:

I called my OB office today, and turns out they probably will do an ultrasound at my first visit.  So now I'm stoked and planning on announcing to my family Labor Day weekend if everything looks good.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Due date: 4/8

Any appointments? August 28th, 2 days before my birthday!

Questions? Nothing specific other than hoping my allegedly VBAC-friendly doc is actually friendly to VBACs. I remember having to do some doctor shopping with my second pregnancy (first VBAC) for someone who was really supportive and not just listed as being supportive via their website. I moved last fall so I'm in new territory without my old OB. This should be VBAC #3.

How are you feeling? Tired but surprisingly decent.

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Used to be the spring, it's post-frost fall now that I live in the Southeast. Mosquitos love me and I can't peacefully coexist with the little hell beasts. 

• Yay @50Wife it's always nice to have that u/s scheduled.

@thurstober I hope it isn't too hard of a hunt for a VBAC friendly doctor. They are so hard to find unfortunately. I had a consultation with a midwife group yesterday and they are going to do a HBAC for me with this pregnancy. They are extremely hands off which is something I appreciate.

First scan for me I'm going to be able to set soon once I get my insurance figured out and get it scheduled. It's not a routine thing where I am going for care so it's something I need to request for piece of mind.

• @thurstober would love to learn more about what you know about VBACs. I'm doubting I'll be a good candidate but want to learn more
  • Due date: pretty sure I belong here but we need to wait til u/s measurements to know.

Any appointments? GYN appt tomorrow, which is a necessary precursor for an insurance referral to a high-risk OB. It’ll prob also cover the confirmation bloodwork. 

Questions? Anyone else high risk? I am because 1) I’m 35, and 2) history of PPROM (my water broke at 25 weeks, baby born at 26w). I know I’m going to be getting progesterone, but I’d love to hear some more about how frequently high-risk mothers are going to appts.  

How are you feeling? Pretty good other than occasional nausea.

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Late August through Columbus Day - the beaches empty out, the water is warm, the nights are cool, and the leaves start to change. Perfect for bonfires, for impromptu outside dinners with friends, and for not getting sunburned (as much).

@scp2585 - a good blizzard with a well stocked pantry of cocoa and soup/chili, and a view of ice-covered branches is pretty awesome too though.
  • thurstoberthurstober member
    edited August 2018
    @angelob88 That's awesome -- It's so great to find a supportive practice from the get-go. My fingers are crossed for my new OB.

@berky84 Of course! First, here are some websites that might help:
    I-CAN network: https://www.ican-online.org/
    VBAC "calculator": https://mfmunetwork.bsc.gwu.edu/PublicBSC/MFMU/VGBirthCalc/vagbirth.html
    On ACOG guidelines: https://www.obgproject.com/2017/08/09/candidate-vaginal-birth-cesarean-section/

Everyone's experiences vary, but I'm really glad I went with VBACs for my last two pregnancies. The recovery process was vastly easier (back to normal activity in 2 weeks versus having issues moving my leg around to drive at 8 weeks out from the c-section) and so was early breastfeeding. With both VBACs I started labor naturally and had my babies after 8/9 hour labors in a hospital setting with epidurals and intrauterine monitoring as required by the hospital I delivered at. My c-section was due to a failed induction and a lack of progress, my guess is the induction started the domino fall that ended in surgery.

If you're even vaguely interested, I would do as much research as you can on your candidates for OBs/midwives. If they aren't up for so much as the discussion of candidacy and risks they won't mention it online. I made the mistake of thinking a website needed to spell out "NO VBACs" when I first looked for a new OB with my second pregnancy. The guy didn't let me finish my sentence before telling me having a VBAC was the equivalent of driving a bus through a paper wall. 

Once you find someone who mentions VBACs or trial of labor on their website/in reviews, I would absolutely bring up your interest with the scheduler so they can match you with a provider who will have the discussion since some may be more open with others. After that I'd call the nurse's line to double check and then ask if the place(s) of delivery have any requirements or conditions you should know about so you have that information before going in for your first appointment.

For the discussion with the OB or midwife, the second link I listed up above will help so you'll be knowledgable about the different factors a provider will look at. "I have two prior c-sections which isn't ideal, but my BMI is in an appropriate range and I have a horizontal scar," etc. etc. Even if you don't think you're a good candidate it's totally worth having the conversation. 

This all sounds like a total pain in the ass now that I've typed it out, but in my view, once I found the right provider I was golden and had really easy, standard prenatal visits and it was totally worth the initial barrage of questions I had to throw at different offices. Good luck. :)

• @thurstober Thank you for posting this! I had a vaginal delivery my first go around and a csection the second time due to DD being unexpectedly breech when I got to the hospital. I absolutely hated the csection experience and am considering a VBAC. I appreciate the insight and info!
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    Married: August 2009
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • @thurstober I really love my obgyn so I'll talk to her about it on my appointment on the 20th. My 1st was 10 and a half lbs with a gigantic head. The C-section was the safest option for us for a few reasons and his size being one of them. I've read that if my second is over 8 and a half he/she will be too big according to statistics on successful VBACs. I'm curious what my doctor will say about that... Cause I can't imagine after a 1st that big I'll have a second that's so much smaller but it's possible i guess. 
  • Due date: 4/11

Any appointments? Not this week, but I scheduled my first ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy (IVF baby). 

Questions? Nope. 

How are you feeling? Morning sickness is starting to creep in and the insomnia is getting pretty bad. 

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Winter. The colder the better! 
  • thurstoberthurstober member
    edited August 2018
    @berky84 Big babies are freaking terrifying! My first was a bowling ball at 9 pounds 4 ounces, but I think that’s because the baby brewed longer than he would’ve naturally since my OB had me on labor preventing medication from 33 weeks until 38. It was all for nothing since I wound up being induced lol.

I had the others at 37 weeks and much more reasonable weights of 7lbs and 7lbs7oz. I don’t think that kind of weight disparity between siblings happens often, though.

• @berky84, if it's any consolation, my mom had 8 kids, two of whom were almost 11 pounds, then there was me (the youngest) at a mere 7 pounds something.  Here's hoping!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt I hope the 11 pounders are extra nice to your mom on mother’s day! 

• @thurstober, my sister (next oldest to me, one of the 11 pound ones) just had her first baby last year who was almost 10 pounds.  So, karma? :lol:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt Hahah that's only fair!

• @brittbrittnomnom yay another winter lover! Love me some cold weather!

@thurstober @kangstadt DH was over 10lbs when he was born and his mom started crowning in the elevator!  :sweat:
    Here's hoping baby size has more to do with mom than dad! Haha 

• WOW ok, Dr just scheduled an ultrasound for me next week! I thought it would be a LOT later! I will then get to talk to her about referring to an OB since she doesn't practice anymore. :/
  • @scp2585, I hope you find an OB you like!
    Pregnancy Ticker