November 2018 Moms
Options

Monday/Tuesday Ticker change 8/6 & 8/7

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: Any end of summer getaway plans?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Monday/Tuesday Ticker change 8/6 & 8/7

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 27; romaine lettuce

2. How are you feeling? Big. I know I have a long way to go, but I already feel big. I keep catching glimpses of myself in the mirror and am always surprised by my belly.

3. Any appointments this week? Nope

4. Rants/raves/questions? Nothing baby related really other than being so over the summer heat. I'm such a sweaty mess. 

Nope. I'm on vacation lockdown until baby comes since we do not have a maternity leave policy at work. I'm trying to save every last hour of vacation time that I can.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 25 weeks, head of cauliflower

2. How are you feeling?
    Sweaty!
    Glucose test on Thursday. Not excited
    Does anyone feel like half the population ispregnant right now??? Or is it just me?
    One last camping/fishing trip next.month. Hoping i dont die!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

24 weeks! Hooray! Ovia says baby is the size of a puffin. 

2. How are you feeling?

I feel like I still have loads of feel good energy and I've been reading a ton about birthing, which, as a FTM has been fun and enlightening, and also terrifying. 

nope 

I'm a little stressed because DH just started a new job this week. We've been getting our health insurance through his old job and he bargained for us to get great care through his new one, too, but he found out that, because of an apparently unavoidable processing delay, we'll have a two week gap where we are uninsured. :O Supposedly, there's legal recourse for this kind of situation if we end up needing care during that time, but it'll be a headache and a half to take advantage of. The last thing I want to worry about if- god forbid- I end up in L&D triage at 27 weeks is whether or not we'll be able to afford the bills. :(  I've asked him to put on a little pressure and see just how unavoidable the delay is.... sheesh! [insert rant about the US health care system]

Also, my car's engine overheated on the way to work today and we just received word that they don't know what it is yet, but it's not looking good-- all the simple, cheap problems have been ruled out.  :s

In-laws live on a lake up north in Michigan and we'd love to visit them one more time before summer ends. They've also offered to give us a 2-day B&B babymoon in September- a super generous and cool gift. However, we're still figuring out my husband's new work schedule and I work weekends- and apparently we may be out a bunch of cash on our car- so fx we can still make them both work.  
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 25 weeks; a head (is that the right word?) of cauliflower. 

2. How are you feeling? Large like @wannaflickone said. I take weekly bump pictures for family since we’re far away and there’s a very noticeable difference between last week and this week. Otherwise, good!

3. Any appointments this week? Glucose tolerance test tomorrow; the 1-hour one. Not looking forward to it based on all the endearing stories I’ve heard. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? I bought a brand new washer and dryer (for the first time) today and got a fantastic deal that included everything (the set, hoses, cords, next day delivery, installation, extended warranty, etc). I’m proud of my ability to adult so good  :#

Not so much a typical getaway, but in a couple weekends we’ll make a short trip back home for one of my closest friends weddings. We’ll get a long weekend away from work and our current city, but won’t have much time around the wedding to really make it a vacation. Still looking forward to it very much!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @horsecrazy406mama Yes! I see pregnant people EVERYWHERE! 

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 26 weeks, size of a head(?) of kale

2. How are you feeling? Really pregnant all of a sudden. Tired, trouble sleeping, leg cramps, back pain, general joint pain when walking--the whole nine yards. Feeling a little nervous about the third trimester! 

3. Any appointments this week? Met with a nutritionist today about my GD, but otherwise none.

4. Rants/raves/questions? None for now!

We have 3 weddings coming up that we'll be traveling for but otherwise nothing especially relaxing. Also saving up every last hour of vacation time for leave. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 26 weeks, Kale

2. How are you feeling? Soooo much better! They finally figured out I'm anemic and vitamin d deficient. Now that I'm taking supplements I'm not exhausted all day every day, and the migraines have subsided.

3. Any appointments this week? Friday we have our 4D ultrasound scheduled. We did it at 27 weeks with our daughter, so I wanted this one to be around the same time. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Nothing right now.

Nothing. I'm dying to go to the beach. But, we're trying to pay off the remainder of our debt before baby arrives. 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @aly12986 oh, how fun! I've never done the 4d ultrasound, but am so curious about it. Since we're team green and life is already so busy with 2 kids, I don't really feel as connected (I know that sounds terrible). I've considered doing a 4d ultrasound just to help me connect more, but I'm also super nervous they may accidentally let sex slip. 

@rosebud1230 good luck with your test today!

@amjschmidt I am so sorry about the car trouble and all the insurance stuff. Just what a pregnant lady needs... more stress. I hope the car somehow ends up being something not too expensive.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 24 wooooo!!! Ear of Corn 

2. How are you feeling? Sick and exhausted 

3. Any appointments this week? Yes to go over results from low lying placenta scan 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Nope 

5. GTKY: Any end of summer getaway plans? No DS starts Kindergarten Monday so we are settling in for the year 

@wa@wannaflickone if you definitely do not want to know sex I would avoid the 4D ultrasound. It could be too easy to see it even if they don't point it out; if baby rolls the right way or spreads its legs you may see more than you want. Especially as we get farther along its totally obvious what is down there lol. Of course this isn't always true and I am sure the techs are great at trying to make sure nothing slips but from personal experience it can happen. 
  • Options
    27 weeks (technically 27+1 today)- size of a camping lantern 
    2. How are you feeling? 
    Still great- sometimes it’s uncomfortable when my insides are pushed up on my diaphragm but the feeling only lasts a bit. 
    Nope
    nopes!
    I go back to work for the start of the school year on the 16th. My DH took off work Friday and Monday so we can have an extended weekend at my parents house (it’s a private beach community). My niece (7 1/2 yo) will be coming Friday night and my DH and I are babysitting Saturday afternoon/night so my parents can attend my great-aunts 99th birthday. My brother and SIL will be joining us Sunday and they’ll be there for 5/6 days. Looking forward to beach/family time (Bro and his fam live 4 hours away) and hopefully get a bike ride in. 

amjschmidt I’m so sorry you’re in that predicament with your health insurance and your car. I hope it all works out as inexpensively as possible. Car issues suck, especially the ones that cost a lot of money. I was lurking another thread that was talking about insurance at hospitals and I now I feel I need to call to make sure the hospital I was planning on delivering at is covered (including doctors). My insurance is CT because I work in CT but I live in NY so it has been a hassle for getting some things covered (even though it’s blue cross blue shield and I make sure anywhere I go takes BCBS) but I feel they always find loopholes to “get me”. Knowing my luck I’ll end up delivering in CT and all my planning will go to you know where!!!!
  • Options
    @arieselle enjoy the beach! I am so jealous!
    Pregnancy Ticker