Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    I don't know what that means, but color me intrigued, @mytrueloves

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I told DH that he's going to have to start doing it for me. I have no idea how you're supposed to do that on your own. I can't reach that spot anymore!
  • Options
    Perineal massage is placing a finger or two in the vagina and massaging downward to stretch the perineum in preparation for birth.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @sammierose464 I think my book on the Bradley method said that squatting (and holding it) will also help stretch that muscle too. Maybe not as good, but it's still a good exercise!
  • Options
    @jemmerjams I'd probably only get a few squats in before I was done. lol
  • Options
    @jemmerjams a book H read said this, too. It said to work your way up to 10 one minute squats. 
  • Options
    I've never stretched myself but the doctor and nurses did for me during labor (with copious amounts of lube) and i fully credit them for me not tearing at all with my last son 
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @chopchop25 oh damn, I held it for 3 minutes  :# getting a real good stretch then. Better not effing tear. 

It's taken me a lonnnng time to get that flexibility to hold a deep squat that long. Way more difficult to do pregnant lol.
  • Options
    Three minutes is crazy impressive @jemmerjams! Way to go!
  • Options
    I feel like I'm completely clueless about my last delivery but wonder if my doctor did something magical like that since I didn't tear.  I'm scared this time I will  :s
  • Options
    I still remember my midwife commenting that I had a perineum of steel when I had DD. They thought DD was stuck because it just wouldn't stretch, and they almost gave me an episiotomy. DD was just stubborn and taking her ole sweet time. Ended up with a 1st/2nd degree tear forward though, but nothing horrendous.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @chopchop25 I used to be able to do it longer, but the balance is tricky. Plus it hurts more with the bump! 
  • Options
    I had the same problem with not stretching during delivery. I got a small episiotomy and she flew out lol I didn't do any stretching beforehand because I was single and couldn't reach but the nurses did it while I was pushing
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @mytrueloves I told my H months ago that he was going to need to do this for me in the hopes of getting lucky out of it. No idea if it’ll work. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    I've always been told by OBs that I have a small vagina... I'm really nervous about pushing this baby out!
  • Options
    True! I definitely have wide hips.
  • Options
    @KFrob Me too!! I’m not a cat lady but my dog is chewing on my very last nerve. Even half seriously told DH he could pick the baby or the dog if we weren’t in a house by the time he’s born. 
  • Options
    Solidarity @KFrob or when I'm standing there and my cat won't quit effing rubbing against my legs. Like just stay still for gods sake! 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    @eireyes this! My OB said something very similar when I was in labor with DS, and although she really tried to resist, she ended up giving me a little cut to help get DS out, because I just wasn’t stretching out enough. 

@KFrob also yes to this. I love my cat but I’m kind of wishing I didn’t have to deal with her on top of everything else right now and soon to be two kids. Plus, last year she had scratched DS in the face one time when he went over to pet her on a chair, and though she hasn’t done it again since (because we try to keep DS away as much as possible), I’m always worried that she might do it again. Also definitely hate litter. 
  • Options
    My cat is usually pretty self sufficient, other than being very vocal on occasion. It's my dog that's getting on my nerves. I love him, but he's such an attention hog. No dog, I do not want to pet you all the time. No, there's not room on the couch right now, sleep in your bed.
  • Options
    @hannaht8516 that's funny. darn cats.
  • Options
    @hannaht8516 aaaaw baby cat! I love cats, and that they just do what they want.
  • Options
    @hannaht8516, that blanket on the back of the chair is gorgeous!  did you make that?  I totally want to find that pattern now to crochet!

Re: all the cat talk, oh man I'm missing my kitties!!  We recently had to re-home our two cats since my husband and youngest son are both allergic.  It's not quite been a year yet and it still makes me sad.  The new owners let me follow them on IG so I can see updates and see that they are getting MUCH more attention and have a better life in their new home but I still miss them.  It was hard trying to care for two small kids and two cats, especially when we had all the baby gates up.  Seemed like someone always needed something constantly.

• Options
    @delusion My mom made it! I love it. I can try to find out what pattern she used.
  • Options
    @dellusion I think it's been mentioned before but I'm super afraid this baby will end up being allergic because I don't think I have it in me to rehome my cat. He is one of the things I love the most, that must have been so heartbreaking!! It is good though that they are doing well and getting all the attention!
  • Options
    LOVE your kitty @hannaht8516 so pretty and lovey! I'm thinking mine will be all over the stuff when we get the nursery set up..
  • Options
    @mamabearcj Thanks! I can't decide if he's sweet or not! Haha He has his moments. But he does like to be with us and follows us around all the time. My dog is the same way right now. Once I put the rug down in the room tonight, that will be the dog's spot. I can't wait to see what they do with the baby. I have a feeling their priorities (me) will shift (to new best friend).
  • Options
    @hannaht8516 my dog has got even more clingy. She refuses to sleep on her bed, and keeps jumping on ours to sleep curled up at my feet or in my bent knees all night long. I kick her off, she's back on 2 minutes later. Only my side, not DH's. Likewise, if I'm on the couch, she's on the couch.
  • Options
    @hannaht8516, that would be awesome if she remembers, thank you!!  Not like I need another project but holy moly, i really think that is just beautiful! :)

@nikimelon - i legit cried for days after rehoming my "babies".  We were SUPER particular in who we chose and i'm very thankful i get to keep up with their lives via IG. Growing up we NEVER gave up pets....they were family, so it was insanely difficult for me to deal with.  To your point though....I thought studies show that babies/kids who are exposed to animals at a young age are less likely to develop allergies?  Ironically I am actually allergic to cats too (per my skin testing years ago) but I never really noticed a problem unless I was away from them for a long period of time (week long vacation or something) and then i'd sneeze and be congested for a few days before my body acclimated.  My husband developed asthma and my youngest son had recurring ear infections, both of which cleared after the cats left.  I think my son's issues were fairly minor and we could've gotten past them but my husband's doctor straight up told him he'd have permanent lung damage if he didn't clear out the allergens, so that was the deciding factor in our decision.  :( 

• Options
    @jemmerjams This is one of my cats.  When I'm pregnant she becomes super clingy and won't leave me alone.  I keep waking up in the middle of the night to find her up against me.  Normally this is the cat that couldn't be bothered with affection.  
  • Options
    DH and I are both allergic to basically anything fluffy or furry (and I'm allergic to a LOT more) unfortunately DS ended up with most of our allergies (the only one he hasn't shown a reaction to, is my one berry allergy). They told us before hand that since we have so many with -cillan allergies (That are all anaphylactic, Dad (DH), grandma (my mom) and Aunt (my sister). I had a mild reaction, but became immune to it from over use as a kid ) That he would not be allowed to have -cillan based meds because it was basically assured he would have some reaction. And that since we both have milk allergies, that he would too (he does, severely). 
    I think unless both parents have it (sometimes even then I think it's a fluke), it's kind of hit or miss for allergies. So hopefully your kiddos don't have allergies to your sweet pets!
  • Options
    I have really bad allergies to furry things, seems the smaller they are the worse they are. With that, I still have a dog and cat... I have a lot of environmental allergies overall though. Most didn't show up until my teens. I will never forget the trip to a horse farm on spring break. Between my hay fever, animal allergies, and general environment I was miserable by the end of the day