January 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 8/6

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/6

• I have zero appetite lately and finding meal ideas is an everyday struggle. Will I ever be the stereotypical hungry pregnant lady??? 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited August 2018
    jgil85 said:
    I have zero appetite lately and finding meal ideas is an everyday struggle. Will I ever be the stereotypical hungry pregnant lady??? 
    When I was pregnant with DS, I rarely got super hungry or really ate extra calories (not to say it never happened..), but this baby has me hangry 24/7. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• I've been bingeing this St. Louis Children's Hospital 'Bump to Baby' series for the last few days. They're so fun and informative for an FTM. Good baby care stuff too. Here's the second tri one~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg81f2p9gNg&t=41s 
  • Wow, I’m not sure what’s worse in that thread on the April board. The way they treated the loss Mom, or the pathetic back pedaling once they were called out. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @julesf817 No kidding! Especially the woman who claimed she wasn't celebrating a GBCB when her first post included the phrase "bravo A19!"

• galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited August 2018
    I know... @AshVA and @julesf817 I reread their posts multiple times and each time I was like "nope... their being a-holes." I did some digging..  nottodaysatan is pgal  :o and luckywife posted the miscarriage rate thread to help with fear of loss.... I mean come on... 

I'm still super disgusted with the way they handled it
  • @julesf817 @AshVA I went there just to lurk and see what @galactickates said. And she handled it perfectly. But thennnn I couldn’t keep my mouth shut because the back peddling was unreal. Really you can’t believe she’s so ‘sensitive’? 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• I just popped a crown off while flossing my teeth, and now I feel like why should I ever bother flossing my teeth if this is what it gets me? >:(
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• kns1988 said:
    I just popped a crown off while flossing my teeth, and now I feel like why should I ever bother flossing my teeth if this is what it gets me? >:(
    This just reminded me that I had a dream that TWO of my crowns just suddenly popped off. 

As someone with several (I have terrible teeth even though I’m religious about brushing and going to the dentist) I can’t recommend a water pik highly enough!

hope you can get in to get it fixed ASAP!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @julesf817, they got me in at 7:30 this morning, so crisis averted. I also have a mouth full of dental work. I'll look into a water pick - that sounds like a great idea. 

• I had crazy dreams ALL night. Most of them I was back in high school. Two nights ago, I had a dream I was a ghost but I didn’t know how to be a ghost (I didn’t know how to float or walk through walls). The crazy dreams went away for a while but now they’re back! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The flooring company was supposed to be here at 8am to start work on refinishing our floors. The owner let me know they'd be a little late, maybe around noon. Well, its noon and I have yet to hear from them. I'm sooooo pissed and I'm trying to not let my pregnancy rage get the best of me. 
  • @jgil85 oy, we've been getting a lot of work done on our condo this summer and that has been my life! I majorly sympathize - it's so frustrating when you schedule your entire day around these appointments and people don't even bother to show up.
  • I've been agonizing over ONE slide on a draft powerpoint deck for like an hour and still don't have anything on it. Ugh I'm a math person don't make me use words  :s
  • @leighbrek that was my issue last time, especially the first year post partum. I had massive breast feeding boobs, and I was really sick during pregnancy, so I actually was smaller postpartum than pre pregnancy. Anyway, once I weaned and my boobs startes deflating, people were always saying things like "you lost weight!", when actually what they meant was "your boobs are smaller!" :/
  • @luckymay2x And that just goes to show more why people should keep body comments to themselves!
  • Wow... seriously... the April bmb has zero chill. 

TW loss - Someone posted she was pregnant after a still birth at 32 weeks, * end tw  but because she intro'ed in the wrong thread they jumped down her throat. Have some compassion,  seriously. It took everything in me not to do a lurking reply. 

ETA - Apparently I couldn't keep my mouth shut. Hurting a loss mom is my hill
    Omg. This. I am just catching up after a flippin’ busy week and I went to April’s BMB to lurk. Let’s just say - I was so happy to see you chime in. While I am team board organization, that response and reaction were totally uncalled for. There’s a time and place to plug or redirect. That thread should not have been shut down like that. Zero sympathy. Sounded like a robot answering her. Wtf. Not cool.
  • I'm already seeing a visible lump when I lay down and the baby is hanging out on one side. I don't remember getting this with DD until much later. Hopefully that doesn't mean this baby is going to be gigantic.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Talking to DH last night about how today is my half birthday and he goes, “oh yeah and you’ll be...16 weeks...no..17 weeks!” I responded with, “actually 18 weeks.” Second time parent problems 
  • @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt someone asked me how far along I was last night and I went "ummmm.......16 no, 15 weeks? I forget." ha
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kaf1788 how did you find your moms group? I've done a little online searching but haven't found much. It really would be awesome to have a more local group of moms w/similar due dates! 

• @kianarain so I'm lucky in that my neighborhood of Boston has a gigantic, almost cult-status moms group on facebook that's pretty well known throughout the city. And then it's broken down into a ton of subgroups by age. I think it originally started on the Big Tent website so maybe try searching for something in your area on there? There's also a lot of doulas in my area that run more structured weekly groups for expecting parents or new moms with similar due dates so maybe try googling for that kind of thing!
  • @kaf1788 that's awesome that you found a moms' group. The local moms' group in my area was really geared towards SAHMs, so it didn't work out for me. I did find one through my church, though. Our kids vary in ages under 3, but it's nice to have people to meet up with once a month.

• edited August 2018
    It’s so hard to find mom groups. I just joined our MOPS (Moms of Preschoolers) group at my church because I can finally attend since I work in the afternoon now. I’m looking forward to connecting with other moms, a free breakfast, and DS will have play time with other kids twice a month. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Speaking of local mom groups - anyone try out the Peanut app or something? I think that’s what it was called. You create a profile and list out interests. Then you swipe - if you think you have similar interests, you can wave hi, lol. If they wave back, I think that’s how you get matched. Idk. Awkward AF is what it is. I tried it but never went past the wave. Hahaha
  • @AliKay20 It’s Tinder for moms! lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AliKay20 omg totally downloading this lol
  • For a while I thought I'd like to join a mom group... Then I get around other women and find the majority to be catty af. I'm a career person who's always looking at how to achieve more responsibility and earn another promotion, and the judgement I get for not being like, "Being a parent is my life dream and all that I live for" is ridiculous. I'll love my baby and be very dedicated, but I'm ambitious as my own person. My own life doesn't end because there's a child.
    End of rant.
  • @leighbrek that's pretty judgey.  It'd be nice if there was a working moms group or something that actually supported you.  It's too bad you can't get that same support in a general mom group. How annoying
  • leighbrekleighbrek member
    edited August 2018
    @galactickates That's actually a good idea... I should try a search specifically for working moms. Thanks!

@kianarain That's great. Does she live close by?

*edit because my entire response wasn't posted the first time
  • @kianarain ah built in Mom friend! That’s awesome. BFF and SIL both had their kids 5 months after I did and it made for such a nice transition into motherhood. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Weird question, but does anyone else ever feel weird about when the baby kicks? I was just rubbing my belly and baby kicked pretty good, so it really bomped my hand. I had a moment of bizarre repulsion... I think my brain went into alien mode for a minute before identifying the movement as the baby.