February 2019 Moms
Options

Friday Fitness Check In 8.3

Who's still on the workout grind this week?

What are you doing? Any modifications?

How's the eating going?

Re: Friday Fitness Check In 8.3

• Options
    Good morning, still going over here!  
    I'm running -  working on being better about rest days so less mileage than pre-pregnancy but still keeping it above 40mpw.  Trying to keep in a couple weight and core days a week. The only modification so far has been not signing up for a marathon and ramping up training.  
    Eating?  If it's a carb or a fruit, we're good!  I'm making sure to get enough protein but I'm not loving it.

• Options
    @thechickendance 40 mpw?! Impressive!!

I’m still running as well. Heading into second tri, I’ve been able to bring my speed and distance back up to “normal”, but that’s more like 4-5 miles 3-4 times a week. This week was decent, hoping to keep up as school starts up again in a few weeks. 

Eating has been fine for me this time around! No aversions, no unhealthy cravings, so all good in that department! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a decent week, some spin and a cardio/weight circuit class. No modifications but I have noticed frequently feeling like I have to pee so I’m getting a little concerned about pelvic floor weakness. Trying to find some core/pelvic floor exercises to add in and see if that helps. 

My running has really been lacking the past couple of weeks but I really want to get back to it! If I can pick up where I left off distance-wise (no more crazy fast sprints), I’d like to do a race this fall. I always wanted to run a half when pregnant (done a few already) but I think that’s a bit ambitious. 

My pre-pregnancy eating habits were awful. I’m trying hard to add in fruits, Greek yogurt, and almonds daily to balance out the junk I’ll inevitably eat 
  • Options
    @catwoman8731 Thanks!  You're doing great with your mileage! 

@megpants209 I'd love to know if you end up doing a half this fall!  Ambitious, sure, but not impossible.  

• Options
    I’m continuing to do yoga at home daily. If anyone is looking for video suggestions, Sarah Beth on YouTube has some great ones. I’m also walking 20-30 mins, 2-3x a week and found some prenatal dance videos on YouTube which have been fun. Lol. 
    This is in addition to chasing a 3 year old around