Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Terrible twos with baby on the way

My son turned 2 in June and for about a month now he has been an absolute terror. He doesnt listen. He talks back. He throws his toys. He screams and screeches in public and he embarasses me. I just found out Im having my 2nd in April and Im not even excited for this next one because of my
sons current behavior. Any suggestions or help welcome. please and thank you!!!

Re: Terrible twos with baby on the way

• Options
    We are going through the same thing. DS is 2 1/2 - 3 in January. We just stay as consistent as possible, following through -mean what you say and say what you mean, and lots of positive reinforcement. He still has his moments, mostly around bedtime and naps. Today was absolutely horrible!! I had DS in May and days like today take everything out of me and leave me totally drained. But then he does the sweetest things, like squeezing next to me on the couch, leaning his head on me and says, "I love you mom!" With a big kiss. Makes those tough times feel a little distant. Good luck!!
  • Options
    My son is 2 and a half and I'm due in April with baby no. 2. My sons tantrums are really bad and it's really difficult trying to control him especially in public while feeling tired and nauseated all the time!! I hope tho gs get better once the baby is born..  Cross fingers!!