March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 2 Check In (8/6-8/12)

This check-in is for ladies due 3/10-3/16 

Due date: 

Any appointments?

Questions?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What is the craziest thing that has ever happened to you? 

Re: Week 2 Check In (8/6-8/12)

• Options
    Due date: 
    3/13
    Any appointments?
    Next one is 8/17, this will be my first with a regular OB and I’m trying out a new practice.
    Questions?: 
    None right now.
    How are you feeling?: 
    Anxious bc this is the longest I will have gone so far in between appointments. Also feeling very large, seem to be gaining weight a lot faster with this one and need to get back on track.
    GTKY: I once was driving over a Long bridge in Tampa and saw legs sticking out of the water and a helicopter circling. I thought someone had driven off the bridge and was drowning so I called 911. It turned out to be a bank robber who was evading the police with a backpack full of money. The dispatcher told me all of this and I ended up seeing it on the evening news, they eventually caught him.
  • Options
    Due date: 
    3/11

Any appointments?
    Finally the week of my first US, which is on Thursday. Then OB on 8/17.

Questions?: 
    None at the moment

How are you feeling?: 
    Tired and just mildly nauseous all the time. 

Nothing super crazy honestly. My life is pretty mundane and I like it that way.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date: 
    3/10

Any appointments?
    Touring a midwifery on 8/13

Questions?: 
    Wondering if people are planning on doing ob or midwife?
    Thoughts on not getting the nuchal translucency screening?

How are you feeling?: 
    Stressed at work, stressed by in laws. Want to carry the baby to term.

Oh gosh... I don't even know. I liked the story about the bank robber though do good question.
  • Options
    Due date: Mar 11

Any appointments? Had my first appointment with the midwife last week. Too early to hear the heartbeat, but she said they like to confirm it before the 12 week appointment, so I will go back for a dating scan this week. Pleasantly surprised to hear that she was optimistic about a VBAC

Questions? Is it second trimester yet??

How are you feeling? Currently feeling all the symptoms. So exhausted, morning sickness is back after taking a few weeks off, and I can’t seem to sleep through the night anymore. Can’t even think about meat without wanting to throw up. Typical pregnancy stuff I guess. 

GTKY: What is the craziest thing that has ever happened to you? I purposely try to live a pretty uneventful life, so nothing too crazy. I sat next to an NFL player on a plane once. My flight was delayed 12 hours, so I was put into first class and I was drunk and as a skunk because I had been sitting in the airport for 12 hours and I am a nervous flyer. He bought me a drink :p  (in jest only, because apparently they are free in first class - who knew?)
  • Options
    @govanalyst86 my practice has both midwives and OBs. I’ve asked to see the midwives and as long as it’s an uneventful pregnancy/birth I will stick with them.
  • Options
    Due date: 3/14

Any appointments? Next Tuesday have the maternity panel blood draw. So excited to confirm a healthy little one & learn the gender! 

Questions?: 

How are you feeling?: “ugggggh” about sums it up. I know my DH feels bad for me because he can tell my symptoms are so much worse than they were with my daughter (basically no symptoms besides sore breasts and super smell) + the daily injections are leaving tons of horrible bruises on my stomach, but I also know he is so sick of hearing about it and wants to dtd but I am like -no way- at this point.

i know in my life I have said “that was so crazy” a million times but I can’t think of a single story right now. 

@char245 you will probably win! Maybe if violetmarie### (sorry cant remember the string of numbers to tag her) is in week 2 she can share her crazy story and top it though! 

@govanalyst86 my ob said they stopped doing the NT test because the dna test gives better results. I was kind of bummed because I wanted the ultrasound to see little one. Totally your call though! The results would have no impact on my decision making, just more of a knowledge is power kind of thing IMO. 

Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    Due date: March 12th, twins
    Appts:. Next is Aug 24th with u/s
    How are you feeling:. Severe exhaustion, I can barely function. Horrible gibupset and hb.  At least the nausea isn't as bad as my first pg.   We just moved and are living in a hotel, so that doesn't really help .

Gtky:. My 2nd was born in Italy and has a heart defect.  Hubby was already stateside so I had to arrange to have our move expedited and get us back in the States in 6 days with a 3 year old and 5 week old with a fragile heart . She is 4 now and doing fabulous .  We survived.

• Options
    @Pooka8 wow that must have been a stressful move! Glad everyone is doing well now! And congrats on the twins!
  • Options

@char245 that is a wild story!

@govanalyst86 I saw both obs and midwives at my practice throughout my first pregnancy, however I asked to be delivered by a midwife. Planning to do the same this time assuming I’m not high risk.

@Pooka8 congrats on twins!

Due date: 3/15

Any appointments? This Friday!!!! (Crazy excited and anxious)

Questions? Anyone have a good tip/trick for managing to exercise when nauseous? I’ve not been good about maintaining my routine since the MS arrived.

How are you feeling?: tired, nauseous on and off.

GTKY: What is the craziest thing that has ever happened to you? My roommate and I had the cops called on us twice by our downstairs neighbor... because we, and our 2 kittens, were walking too loudly.

• Options
    @LElkCot that’s crazy! What did the cops say? As for working out with nausea, I just do what I can. I make sure that I at least try but I’m definitely not able to do what I was before. I also make sure to have something to eat before, and plenty of water during. 
  • Options
    Due date:
    3-12-18

Any appointments?
    Next appointment is 8/29. I'm really excited about it, because DH wasn't able to make it to the first one

How are you feeling?: 
    Pretty darn crummy. Nausea has become an all day affair. I've tried eating smaller mounts more frequently, but I'm not sure if it's working. 

I am an ICU nurse, and have seen a lot of crazy stuff go down, but the craziest thing that actually happened to me was when I worked in a nursing home during the summer when I was in college, and I got bitten by an old lady having a very violent dementia-related outburst.
  • Options
    @char245 I don’t remember exactly what the officer said, but remember it being awkward because clearly we weren’t doing anything and we had to tell them we had already had several confrontations with said neighbor. We moved as soon as that lease was up!