Baby Names

Narrowing down - Annika or Linnea

Thanks for the thoughts on previous post. Very helpful.  Trying to do some narrowing since we are due soon

Narrowing down - Annika or Linnea 43 votes

Annika
60% 26 votes
Linnea
39% 17 votes

Re: Narrowing down - Annika or Linnea

• I love both but Linnea is very underused and while so is Annika, there are other Anna names that are super popular so it doesn’t feel quite as fresh 

• Love Linnea. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I want to like Linnea, but I kind of keep thinking "Linea Nigra" (probably just because I'm pregnant lol). Voting Annika, and suggesting Althea if you need to add something new to the mix.
  • kmvisioli said:
    I want to like Linnea, but I kind of keep thinking "Linea Nigra" (probably just because I'm pregnant lol). Voting Annika, and suggesting Althea if you need to add something new to the mix.
    This is what I immediately thought of too. I'm usually not a fan of changing spelling, but maybe Lynnea would help avoid that.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Although i agree that Linnea is refreshing and underused, it is a little “out there” for me. I actually have a student with this name, so I am familiar with it but I’m not sure how many people are. If that doesn’t bother you and you want something that is unique , then go for it if you really love it!

Annika is think is still relatively uncommon, but feels more familiar to me.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20