Baby Names

We agonize over boy names...

We just found out I'm pregnant with baby number 3... yay!! We don't find out the sex and each time we agonize over boy names! If we have a girl this time it will be Eowyn Starlight, but I would love some input or thoughts on completing our trio of names. My children now are James and Cordelia... we like unique and literary for girls and slightly more traditional for boys. These are the boy names we currently have on our list:

We agonize over boy names... 42 votes

Milo John.... this is both of our fathers' middle names
73% 31 votes
Harvey
16% 7 votes
Rocco
9% 4 votes

Re: We agonize over boy names...

• Harvey John
  • Rocco is my fav boy name ever but it feels out of place for your current kids, Harvey goes best

• Loading the player...
  • dapoint23dapoint23 member
    edited August 2018
    Rocco was my grandfather's middle name and I do love it... here's my problem with Harvey... has it been ruined by a recent infamous Harvey?
  • dapoint23 said:
    Rocco was my grandfather's middle name and I do love it... here's my problem with Harvey... has it been ruined by a recent infamous Harvey?
    Having just lived through Hurricane Harvey, it's ruined for me. I also think of Harvey Dent from Batman, but that's probably not so well-known.
  • I immediately thought of Harvey Weinstein and then Hurricane Harvey. I think Milo goes very well with your other kid's names, and Rocco is nice a well. 

• I would steer clear of Harvey for awhile I think.  I LOVE Milo and think it hits the right note with James and Cordelia.  Rocco sounds too nickname-y in my opinion.
  • dapoint23 said:

Maybe.  My first association is positive because I know a 5 year old Harvey. But maybe it will be a negative vibe for most.