December 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 8/4-8/5

What’s goin’ on, friends?
**June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg

Re: Weekend Randoms 8/4-8/5

• Loading the player...
  • Working as much as possible! And looking at baby stuff on my phone. LOL. 
  • @echo-charlietango sounds like a great weekend!

@CecilB93 the dinosaurs sounds so fun! 

@maureenmce I hope the zoo was a blast!
  • @scaredunprepared I hope you got sleep! I get that a lot - waking all night, usually once every two weeks - and it’s a real PITA (especially since I’m naturally a marathon sleeper who can sleep long hours despite loud noises, bright lights, etc).
    DH knows how disruptive bad sleep is, so he doesn’t mind when I occasionally need a nap before and after lunch. Sleep!
    (Also, congrats on becoming an auntie again!)
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango thank you!  Very exciting for our family. Fortunately her contractions have calmed down. Maybe her baby will wait until her scheduled c- section after all.  I got maybe 2 hours of sleep total. I'm exhausted, and about to attempt a nap. 
  • @coybig that sounds like a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. 
  • @echo-charlietango that sounds so fun! Enjoy your breakfast :)
  • @echo-charlietango yay for first hosting event in your new home! Recipe on your bluebery balsamic reduction, please? I think I need to try this. I am digging all things blueberry right now. :)

@scaredunprepared how is your sister? Did she go into labor or did things stay calmed down? 

AFM, I did get a lot more stuff done sround the house, but none of it Saturday night. Apparently I chose option pass-out-with-the-lights-on. Woke up confused at 3 am with fuzzy teeth. Can’t remember the last time that happened. The joys of pregnancy....

• @Katzalia thanks for asking!  My sister and her baby are doing well. Contractions stopped finally and baby is still cooking. Glad you got stuff done.  I've chosen option pass out with the lights on many times.  You are not alone lol
  • @PensiveCrayon I'm a green monster with envy about the meet up! It looked so great I hope to make it to the next one!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited August 2018
    It was a great breakfast! I just nibbled on fruit because I don't wake up with an appetite, but DH cooked eggs & bacon before going to work. Our guests just left, and hopefully they'll come back for Thanksgiving :smiley:

@Katzalia It was so good - I forgot how easy and tasty reductions are. You'll need 1 bottle plain balsamic vinegar (quality makes a difference, I use mid-range Italian imports that I find at the grocery store) and 1 tray of blueberries, rinsed (optional - 2 pitted dates for extra sweetness). Cover bottom of sauce pan with one layer blueberries, then pour in about half of the bottle of vinegar. Bring to slow boil, then let simmer uncovered at least 20 minutes. You may want to crack a window as the vinegar boils off, it can get a little strong in the beginning. It's ready when at least half of the liquid has boiled away. Serve on food directly, or in a bowl/gravy boat for individual drizzle power.

I make the same reduction - but more dates and fewer blueberries - for drizzling on roasted brussels sprouts. Om nom nom!
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • LLynde5LLynde5 member
    edited August 2018
    I wish I could be so calm about mine.  We have a pavers that line our front garden.  The color is in between a super light red brick and terra cotta.  I bought terra cotta paint and it didn’t look very orange to me.  But it is definitely to the orange side not red.  We don’t have our window boxes up but husband thinks they will tie it all in.  I should have gone with my gut and painted the steps, doors and shutter black but my husband likes the dark green doors.  

Eta: picture ....new windows, trim paint, weeding, power washing and putting the flower boxes back to come.
  • @LLynde5 is there a way you could tone down the color? This is going to sound weird, but maybe sand some of the color off? rub dirt into the holes to make it look a little darker? lightly sponge darker paint on? Just give it some weathering so they're not so bright? i'm all about the quick fixes! But, i'm also trying to keep in mind that while buyers want things looking nice, they don't have to be totally perfect. That's just us as sellers noticing every tiny thing. 
  • @morgantu I am trying to add the picture but can’t get it to work on mobile.  Ugh.  I have thought of adding dirt, lol. My mom thinks they will tone down in a few weeks before we list.  My Dad suggested a second coat.  DH is over it and says let the next owner change them.  The problem is one set of steps was cement and the other set is painted wood.  They have always looked mismatched and now look uninformed so he sees improvement and is on to the next task.  My next door neighbor is loving the house with the minor touch ups and I now feel bad like our house has been the dumpy one for years.  Their house is an estate and ours is the smallest one in the association :D
  • @LLynde5 just because your house is smaller doesn't mean it's a bad thing! Ours was much smaller than another on our street, but there's went up a month before ours and is still on sale, while ours is already under contract.  And we didn't just for much less than theirs.  As long as you make the changes you think you need to sell, don't worry about size ;)
  • LLynde5LLynde5 member
    edited August 2018
    @scaredunprepared thanks for the kind words!  I hope ours goes fast!  We literally have the smallest house in the neighborhood. Our house was the house the workers lived in while they built the estates in our neighborhood.  People that want to live in the city jump on these house fast and we will be priced to sell.  Our house is only 1,200 sq feet and the neighbors to the lefts house is about 3,500 sq feet, lol!! 
  • @LLynde5 That could definitely work in your favor! There may be people wanting to get into the neighborhood and will jump at the chance to buy at a more affordable price.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @LLynde5, @rosebud332 beat me to it! Exactly what I was going to say.