Baby Names
Options

Annika, Emma, Claire, Linnea, Stina

Thoughta on these? Thanks!

Re: Annika, Emma, Claire, Linnea, Stina

• Options
    kmvisiolikmvisioli member
    edited August 2018
    I love the first three! Clara, Lina, Lena, Mila, Mena, and Elsie all seem to fit your style as well.
  • Options
    Another question I forgot to ask: thoughts on alliterative sibling names?  We have an E boy already and like another E boy name, so if we have a boy after this and we go with Emma.... we will have three Es.  I find that somewhat obnoxious but DH thinks it doesn't matter. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Annika is beautiful but I much prefer it spelled Anika. It's my daughter's name and that's how we spell it :)

Emma is cute, but way too popular. I don't care for the other three. 
  • Options
    Thanks @myannie can I ask you how you pronounce it and whether other people tend to mispronounce it?
  • Options
    How is Stina supposed to be pronounced? Like the i in Christina? Or like the i in Carolina? I think this could cause confusion.
  • Options
    @mayoduck Like Kristina. It is a shortened version. I suppose we might go with Kristina and just call her Stina.
  • Options
    We pronounce it AHN-i-ka. Occasionally someone will pronounce it ANN-i-ka, which is mildly annoying but everyone of importance to us (family, teachers, friends, ect...) always pronounce it correctly. 
  • Options
    Stina sounds very odd to me and I really don't like it at all.  Annika and Linnea are refreshing as they are less common.  Emma and Claire are great, but very conventional.  I like all but Stina.
  • Options
    Linnea is my favorite- pretty and unexpected. I've never heard of Stina before but it's nms.
  • Options
    Linnea is my favorite by far. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    myannie said:
    We pronounce it AHN-i-ka. Occasionally someone will pronounce it ANN-i-ka, which is mildly annoying but everyone of importance to us (family, teachers, friends, ect...) always pronounce it correctly. 
        If you want most people to know that you named her AHN-I-ka then you should use Anika as the spelling. Ana=Ahna  Anna=Ann(a)…...2 N's say Ann.
    I really like Anika and also Annika. 
    Suggesting
    Lena
    Estella
    Nina
    Lillia
    Etta

• Options
    Love Claire, like Emma. Stina is odd to me. Linnea and Annika are okay. I wouldn’t side eye them like I would Stina but I wouldn’t pick them.

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stina should be a nn only, not a stand alone name. All the other options are very nice. I like Linnea best because it is under used. 
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers