March 2019 Moms

GTKY What can't you live without?

Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: GTKY What can't you live without?

• Probably my cell phone, as sad and addicted to it as it sounds. I'm on it constantly.
  • @meggyme Same here! Also, coffee.  :#
  • Loading the player...
  • @purpleteacher82 I'm a hot mess without coffee too.
  • Right on board with cell phone & coffee......... oh boy! 
  • Internetttt 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Books and cats. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Also my phone and coffee. And I’ll add chocolate since the other two have been said. 
  • shrubshrub member
    My birkenstocks. I even wear them indoors in the winter

• my kindle!
  • Cheesy alert: my husband

Other stuff: the Internet. I don't care if it is my phone or computer.
  • It’s super cheesy, but I can’t go a single day without my kid. I traveled out of state for work a few months back, and I was only gone a few nights, but it was sooooo hard. I literally cried.

I know, I’m a cornball! 
  • Another one who can't live without the internet. We cut the cord this summer and in the middle of the switch we were without internet for a day.  I was lost. 

Other then that, I'd say chocolate. I'm pretty sure I have something chocolatey every day even if it's just a small bite. 
  • JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited July 2018
    A bathtub and a dishwasher. I spent too many years without both and I’m never going back! 

ETA: washer and dryer too! So glad my laundromat days are behind me.
  • I love my cell phone but I can do without it. I would’ve said coffee, but I’ve not been able to stand it recently.
    I guess my camera. I am a bird watcher and if I saw a cool bird and didn’t have my camera, I would be soooo sad! 
    My favorites are great blue herons.

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• Another vote for a phone - lol.  I'm always on it.  I'd also have to say my family, whenever I'm in the house alone I wander around not having a clue what to do with myself. It's actually pretty boring.  I crave alone time (when they are all driving me crazy) but then don't want to be alone when they finally leave me alone!  If that makes any sense at all.

• Lip balm - - I will unconsciously pick at dry lips without lip balm
  • Another +1 for phone/Internet.
  • @JLaVO888 - I'm with you on the washer and dryer!  Hauling laundry to my parent's or the laundromat before I owned a house was terrible!  
  • I’m another cornball with my husband and my kid! We went without him on a cruise in May and I was an anxious mess!
  • nothing new, but internet and chocolate for me!  Also cheese.  
  • Cheesy alert: my husband

Other stuff: the Internet. I don't care if it is my phone or computer.
    I’m the same. My husband and son. I’d give up all material items for those two. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ok, this is going to sound ridiculous, but the thing I could never live without is (drumroll)...

Ice cubes.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Coffee! If my doctor told me to quit coffee or die tomorrow I would have to think a second. 

LOL 

We turned our internet off for the summer and will resume in August when school starts, but with an extremely slow speed only used for school assignments. I no longer use Facebook (Although I love Instagram), and I don't eat sugar, so chocolate isn't a draw for me anymore.
  • Oh boy...my daughter, my dog, my phone and my bed!
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Phone/internet and coffee for me as well! Trying to cut back on caffeine has been the hands down the most difficult diet adjustment for me during this pregnancy. No alcohol? No problem. No coffee though...ugh!
  • mayoduck said:
    Phone/internet and coffee for me as well! Trying to cut back on caffeine has been the hands down the most difficult diet adjustment for me during this pregnancy. No alcohol? No problem. No coffee though...ugh!
    I have chronic migraines and had to stop my botox treatments.  My ob actually wants me to drink caffeine to manage my headaches.  The alternative are unsafe drugs so I'll take it.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @violetmarie61516 I drank moderate amounts of caffeine with DD and she came out just fine, or at least I think so. ;) It was also the only thing that would help with my headaches. I wasn't even a caffeine drinker before my pregnancy. 
  • Kids, Phone, internet and tweezers i'm just to darn hairy
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• @violetmarie61516 sorry you have to deal with migraines! I get them but am very fortunate in how rarely I get them. I still drink caffeine (full disclosure: had a latte this morning) but I have cut back a lot to no more than 100mg per day and I try not to have any at all most days. It's just a personal choice; I know everyone is different with different needs. Migraines are awful! I hope the caffeine is enough to help you through them!