October 2017 Moms
Options

Baby suddenly won't sleep in his bed anymore

I haven't been on here for a while now, because it died completely, but i am kind of desperate so... Here i am.
* sorry for the lenght of this post*

My boy is 9mo, and has always slept in his crib, in our bedroom. We had a little rough patch around 3.5mo when the 4month sleep regression hit us, it lasted until he was 6.5mo and we then decided to sleep train. But even through that difficult period he would always sleep in his bed. 
After sleep training at 6.5mo, everything was perfect. He would nap well, and sleep great at night (although would still wake up to nurse 2-3 times) 
Its been a week now, he starts sleeping in his bed and wakes up every hour ( 40 mins sometimes) and around 1 am, if he is not in bed with us, he just won't sleep.
Anybody going through this or went through it with previous children can share advices?

Re: Baby suddenly won't sleep in his bed anymore

• Options
    ( i know its probably just a phase ( 8-9-10 mo sleep regression, separation anxiety or whatever) but i want to avoid him getting used to sleeping in our bed... I guess im looking for ways to cope, for baby and I ) 
  • Options
    Could it be teething? I know when my LO is teething she will only nap short periods and have many more wakeups at night. It could be he is comforted by having you cuddle him. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is happening with my son right now.  He will only stay asleep in his crib for very short periods of time (if at all) and wakes up crying, but won’t fall back asleep unless he is cradled next to me.  It’s exhausting.  It happened at one point or another with my other two and we got through it with time.  I don’t really have any tips for getting your son to stay asleep in the crib, but I would say try not to stress.  Just keep trying the crib and it will get better :)
  • Options
    @MamanBee ( so happy to see you're still here  how have you and baby been :smiley:
    It could be teething as he is still toothless lol. He naps really well in his bed during the day, still naps 3 times for about an hour  Though they used to be a little longer... Its at night l'm currently having issues. He used to sleep 7 hours stretches now ill be lucky if I get an hour. And after nursing him, the moment he realizes he is going in his bed he starts crying. 
    @SammyCate15 he won't even let me cuddle him lol, he just needs to be in our bed. He gives me his back soon as he is done with my boobs and takes all the available space between hubby and I. And if i ever want to cuddle he starts grunting lol
    Did you have a hard time making your baby sleep back in their beds once that period  owas over  did you have to do some sort of aleep training again  
    Thanks mamaz for the feedback! ❤️ 

• Options
    *update* problem solved :smile: it took two days of a little crying and we were back to regular ( his crib in our room) yayyy