December 2018 Moms
Options

GTKY: Crazy co-worker stories

ab_canadaab_canada member
edited August 2018 in December 2018 Moms
The crazy roommate stories got me thinking of crazy co-workers!

Re: GTKY: Crazy co-worker stories

• Options
    This isn't mine, but someone in my office was complaining. We have cubicles, so not a lot of privacy, and I guess this one lady would sit at her desk and clip dead skin off her feet all the time.. yuck..

• Options
    @ab_canada omg that's disgusting!  I'm so glad I don't have any coworker horror stories to share. I've been lucky!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @AGK2015 Ugh dealing with that first guy sounds awful.  I hate that men can get away with behaving like that.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited August 2018
    A few years ago, I was teaching third grade and one of the other third grade teachers was absolutely awful! I was pregnant with DS and about a month into the school year, a very angry child (who was supposed to be in a behavior unit, but the proper paperwork had never been completed) became angry and ran straight at me, slamming into my stomach. I experienced some cramping, so my OB recommended that I go to the ER for an ultrasound. Everything was fine, thank God, but this other teacher decided that I was being dramatic and made the whole incident up because I was targeting the child due to his race. I am not at all racist and have actually taught very few children who were not minorities and have never had a problem. Well, this coworker was very vocal about his opinion and even made up stories about how I was forcing this child’s family to pay my medical bills. This is completely untrue. DH and I (and insurance) covered everything ourselves. He went so far as to tell his students that the other teachers who spoke to me and I were all racist and not to speak to us because he was angry that the child was placed in his class. He refused to speak to any of us and sat in staff meetings and in services playing solitaire. He regularly left students unattended. He publicly shamed kids and made them sit in the corner for hours. When I went on maternity leave, my sub was a very nice lady who had immigrated from Turkey. Well, he made her life hell by encouraging his students to call her Turkey lady. He was horrible to the staff and students and it drove me nuts, especially because he claimed to be a minister on the side. The saddest part is, he is an assistant principal now.
  • Options
    Oh and I forgot one of his more annoying behaviors. He would blare “California Love” LOUDLY the last 15 minutes of the day, which made it so hard to keep the kids calm, packed up, and in the proper dismissal lines. So inappropriate!
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon Wow. She sounds like a handful. Entertaining, but a handful.
  • Options
    So not really coworker, but he was our secretary. We had this weird guy who came in and was a secretary for us for like two-three months. He started to become buddy buddy with my "work brother". Turned out my coworker (the brother) walked out of his apartment one night and saw the secretary SITTING OUTSIDE HIS APARTMENT IN HIS CAR!! When he confronted him about it the next day, he said he was just checking out the apartments. The guy would go into the office after hours or stay late and play on the computer (by play I mean searching for jobs and stuff). I'd go in the office some mornings (I was always the first in) and the alarm wouldn't be set.. apparently he'd go in some mornings and wash up in the sink because he didn't have a place to shower. He was apparently living in his car and got a landlord to let him rent a CLOSET to live in for a couple weeks. This guy was such a creep. We were all so happy when he left. I am sure there are other weird things I am leaving out. He gave me the creeps. Work brother didn't want me to be alone in the building with him.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options

@ab_canada That is disgusting!!

@AGK2015 Oh.. wow. That is creepy and that second guy sounds like a real winner..

@katy0990 Oh my gosh!! He sounds like a terrible person.

@PensiveCrayon Wowwwwwwww. She sounds like a whole lot of crazy!!

• Options
    @rosebud332 "I turned down a lot of Xanax" -- LOL'ing over here. Constantly negative people are SO HARD to put up with sometimes!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @katy0990
    Wow, that guy sounds absolutely awful  :(

• Options
    Crazy co-worker #1:
    This was quite some time ago, when I was in uni and working in a clothing store. I had this co-worker who was an absolute bully. I can't remember all the things she did (I feel like I blocked them out, but it still gives me mild anxiety to think about her), but one example follows. We each had our own "sections" of the store we worked (petites, plus size, formals, etc) and we were supposed to assist customers in our area without interfering with the other areas, since it was fairly clear that if you are shopping "petites", then you probably won't go to the regular section.  We weren't on commission, but had daily sales targets to hit. Anyway, one customer must have not been happy with this woman, because she walked from dressing rooms on her side of the store all the way to mine, and asked me what I thought of the suit she was going to buy. So I talked to her, she decided to buy it, and I walked her over to the till and said to the cashier that I was helping her (ie my "sale"). Well, this crazy co-worker notices and makes a scene in the middle of the store, in front of the customer, about how I stole her sale and blah blah blah. I was too young to reply appropriately and didn't want to continue making a scene in front of the customer, so I just let her have her way. I wish, though, I would have told her that the customer was clearly unhappy with her because she came straight to me.. Anyway, I figured this woman will have a miserable life anyway, and this was just a temp job for me, so I didn't really care.

Crazy co-worker #2:
    So this is fresh off the presses. I don't want to give too many details just in case, but basically someone who had been working with us for years up until a few months ago has just been arrested for forging and selling transit passes  :o It's unbelievable, since this person didn't even make that much money off this and the jobs in our industry pay REALLY well  :o 

• Options
    I shared an office with a Filipina (did I spell that right?) woman who would call her family back home and talk in Tagalog all day long. I'm not exaggerating. She was probably on the phone with one relative or another for at least 6 hours during the day. This happened at least 3 days each week.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @AGK2015 1) Gross, 2) yikes.
    @katy0990 Ugh! I can’t believe he’s an assistant principal now - how many people did he blow to not get fired?!
    @PensiveCrayon Oy. Shawna sounds like…a real adventure :grimace:
    @rosebud332 Good thing you turned down the Xanax, I bet she would have used it against you because “you owed her”

Man, I have had so many...colorful co-workers over the years. Here are a few highlights.
    • I was an "office girl" for about a dozen aircraft mechanics, and one of them turned out to be a raging alcoholic. I thought he was just a little gritty and flirty - but I worked in the office, not the hangar. Shortly after he was fired we realized that the petty cash till (that was in my desk) was missing money. We loosely blamed him because we could literally trust each other with our lives, also none of us needed to steal cash. Shortly after his firing, I learned that he lived in the boss' old house in the country, rent-free because he was new to the area and didn't have money for an apartment. Living there was supposed to be temporary, especially since he was paid very well. Well, the boss never got paid any rent, and when he went to the house to see how badly it was trashed, all he found were handles and handles of empty, cheap vodka. The mechanic seriously made at least $80/hour and spent it all on booze. Sad really.

• In that same office, one of my bosses and I super didn't communicate. I didn't get it, we were like oil and water. He was paranoid and convinced that I was a moron. One day he was reaming me for something and in a break I interjected "Can I at least defend myself?" and he said "no!" Another time he was being paranoid about maintenance quotes - he was convinced that other shops were going through our garbage to give customers competing numbers - so I bought a shredder. The next day I start saying "Hey boss, yesterday when we were talking about quotes..." but he cut me off and lectured me FOR AN HOUR. Luckily there was another gal there to get the phone and help people, so I could be publicly shamed for no reason (thanks Melissa). When he finally stopped I finished my sentence and said "...so I got us a shredder, do you want one for your office too?" 

• 
    Last one - different workplace - a guy who worked in the shared office next to my shared office would not stop flirting with me. It was cute for the first 20 minutes, then got old. About a month or so later, he tells me that he came to work high. We were in an analytical laboratory - we can't even drink coffee at our desks - much less come to work impaired! So I tattled immediately to management, who sent him out for a UA right away. Dude comes back and is obviously angry with me. I told him "Just don't talk to me" and eventually he started ignoring me, yay! Before that day was done, management asked me to record the "I'm high" morning talk. I said "Sure, do you want me to also record all of the wildly inappropriate things he says to me too?" So I got to spend an hour writing about him always asking about my sex life, and pressuring me for sex any time he walked by me. I wish they fired him, but no. He worked a minimum wage job that "he was good at" and the bosses were too lazy to hire and train someone with manners, so I left. Best day ever.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options

@echo-charlietango Wow... to every single one of those. Crazy!

@rosebud332 I can't stand constant negativity. My brother's ex-gf was like that and I stopped talking to her because it was so annoying. All the things she was complaining about were things she had control of, things that happened because of HER life choices. You put yourself in that position, if you don't like it then get out.

• Options
    @echo-charlietango Wow! All three of your coworkers sound like messes. It amazes/frightens me the number of people who go to work impaired. What’s amazing is my nightmare coworker didn’t have to blow anyone to get that job. He is so intimidating that no one wants to get rid of him because he is scary and will cry racism, so they just keep moving him around.
  • Options
    ab_canada said:
    Crazy co-worker #2:
    So this is fresh off the presses. I don't want to give too many details just in case, but basically someone who had been working with us for years up until a few months ago has just been arrested for forging and selling transit passes  :o It's unbelievable, since this person didn't even make that much money off this and the jobs in our industry pay REALLY well  :o 
    So I do a lot of negotiating with various oil companies, and western Canada is one of my territories, and whooooooooo boy am I having fun imagining that some of the terrible folks I've had to deal with over the years are the coworker you're talking about! None of them have struck me as criminal (criminally annoying, at best), but still...
  • Options
    I'm cringing so hard at all your stories. Sorry you've all dealt with shit people at work!