December 2018 Moms
Options

AMA Check-in week of 7/29

Hey ladies!

1. How old are you and how old will you be at your due date?

2. How far along are you? 

3. Questions, Rants, Raves? 

4. What's happening this week?

5. Are you a FTM, STM, mom of angels?

6. GTKY: What do you plan on requesting for your first meal post delivery? If you haven't thought about it yet and you're a STM what did you request last time?

Re: AMA Check-in week of 7/29

• Options
    38, will be 39 depending if she's on time or early. My birthday is 3 days before her due date.

22 weeks today!

Having a rough week. Got diagnosed with pre-skin cancer, dog got diagnosed with a cancerous tumor, and found out I may need my gallbladder out after baby too.

Answered above

STM (6.5yr old boy), mom of 2 angels

6. GTKY: What do you plan on requesting for your first meal post delivery? If you haven't thought about it yet and you're a STM what did you request last time?
    I am a big rule follower, so I don't eat lunch meat unless it's hot during pregnancy. Not much tastes good hot except a philly cheesesteak, meatball sub, or grilled ham & cheese. Last time I requested an Italian sub, probably will have the same request this time. lol
  • Options
    Oh cool, we haven't done one of these in a while! @mommythlegend  I'm so sorry for your rough week! :( What is the treatment for pre skin cancer? Are you able to do surgery for your dog? So sorry!!

I'm 37, will be 38 by due date.

21 weeks and 5 days! Just counting the days til viability/third trimester!

I just am a miserable pregnant person and I feel bad about that. I just don't do well with being affectionate or kind to my husband when I don't feel well and I don't feel well daily, so it's been a long pregnancy so far! I'm going to try really hard to be nicer the rest of pregnancy because my husband is incredibly supportive and helpful with DD and he deserves more kindness and affection from me.

Pregnancy wise, just chugging along. Having reflux issues still, but I've managed to get the vomiting under control by sticking to the like, 10 foods I know are safe. Having some SPD of varying terribleness and literal growing pains on the sides of my bump, but all is progressing well and I'm just waiting for my 24 week appointment. Outside of pregnancy, I'm about to launch into an extremely busy and stressful work week while trying to finish a writing project on the side.

STM with two losses between DD and this pregnancy.

My hospital offers a celebration meal of steak, lobster, veggies and cheesecake and I am definitely having that! Last time by the time I got into my recovery room it was the middle of the night and I had a snickers bar, lol.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    PensiveCrayonPensiveCrayon member
    edited July 2018
    ETA: I’m a doofus. For some reason I misunderstood AMA and was thinking it was Ask Me Anything. *facepalm* I don’t want to DD but I’m sorry! Just ignore me!

@maureenmce I can’t believe we’re almost to viability! Such a happy milestone. 

1. How old are you and how old will you be at your due date? 31, will be 32 unless baby decides to come a month early (which I doubt)

2. How far along are you? 20w4d

3. Questions, Rants, Raves? Just loving feeling all these little regular kicks. My rant is that my a/s isn’t until foreverrrrrr (read: next Monday which OH CRAP. Looking at my calendar I just realized that’s the day I get back from DC? Can that be?? Shyyyyit. It is.)

4. What's happening this week? First chiropractor appointment tomorrow! Woo! Other than that...I guess I’m flying to DC on Friday for a D16 meetup! :flushed:

5. Are you a FTM, STM, mom of angels? STM, son is 18 months. 

6. GTKY: What do you plan on requesting for your first meal post delivery? If you haven't thought about it yet and you're a STM what did you request last time? Last time I requested a big ol’ pot of ribollita, but there were huge complications at birth and everyone just forgot about that in their haste to make sure my son survived. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital and I could barely eat, so I ended up having some horrible toast concoction that the midwife’s assistant put together, along with sips of Emergen-C. 

Not sure what I’ll request this time around. I hear there’s a Chick-fil-A in the hospital now, so maybe that, provided it’s open when I give birth. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon Ha, no worries, even as someone who is advanced maternal age, I always think it means Ask Me Anything at first! PS I am so jealous there's a Chick Fil-A in your hospital!!
  • Options
    @mommythlegend what a rough week! Same questions for you as above. 

1. How old are you and how old will you be at your due date? 35/35

2. How far along are you? 19+4

4. What's happening this week? Nothing really and it’s nice! I had my A/S last week and my older boys are all in a period of no sports, so I’ve been enjoying the relaxing break!

5. Are you a FTM, STM, mom of angels? STM+(3 boys - 9,6,6)

6. GTKY: What do you plan on requesting for your first meal post delivery? If you haven't thought about it yet and you're a STM what did you request last time? I didn’t even realize this was a thing before! I kept reading about hospitals having celebration meals and thought about how I ate from the hospital menu the entire time (which did not have a celebration meal). Not sure if I will do anything special or not. It will depend on the time of day and how long we will be staying I guess. 
  • Options
    @maureenmce that celebration meal sounds amazing! Don't think my hospital does that. Last one didn't either.
    My hospital did successfully discharge a baby last week that had been born in the 22nd week, so that makes me happy!

They did liquid nitrogen to burn the pre-cancer. If it doesn't work, I'll have to do some kind of skin chemo after baby is born. Surgery for my dog will be $500, which we don't have right now. I'm honestly more upset about her then me. We have her on antibiotics & steroids right now, praying the Dr was wrong & this takes care of it, but we'll see.
  • Options
    krobkrob member
    I’ve been MIA for a while. Between work, DS and being pregnant, I feel like I’m spinning. 

37/38

20weeks. Yay halfway!

I’m exhausted. I am normally an indie film producer, but this past year I was presented with the opportunity to produce a tv show. We premiere this Friday and while that’s amazing and a bigger dream than I could ever dream for myself, it’s running me into the ground right now. I will be glad when this is all over and I can rest a bit. 

4. What's happening this week? See above. TV show premieres!!!

STM, DS is 17months 

Last time it was so late, I too had a deli sandwich. I was a rule follower last time too. I’ve had some turkey sandwiches this time, but a traditional italian sub with all the fixes sounds amazing!!!! So for now I’m picking that too!
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Options
    @mommythlegend  so much stress! Fx the initial treatment for your skin works (and for your dog too).  

@krob congrats on the premiere! So exciting to see all your hard work come together.

38/38

18+3

I’m finally starting to have more of a bump now! Of course, that goes along with the “growing pains” @maureenmce mentioned. And I managed to pull a muscle in my abs, so I’m having extra belly pain. But hey! My energy is good (so maybe my thyroid is better-controlled), and as far as I know, little bean is healthy and cooking away in there. 

A/S on Tuesday morning! 

STM (4 yo girl). It took 2 years of trying to get pregnant again. 

So like @snugglyduckling25 I had no idea this was a thing. I delivered just before midmight, and we didn’t get settled in our postpartum room until abour 2 am. The cafereria was closed. Pretty sure I had some snacks I’d packed from home. I would have loved Korean beef tacos though! As for this time, I don’t think my hospital has any kind of celebration meal. But now that it’s on my radar, I will definitely be having somebody bring me a decent meal this time! 
  • Options
    41 and will still be 41 at the 

18w4d

Not much right now

Going on our babymoon to Clearwater, Florida tomorrow. Can't wait!

FTM and mom of an angel daughter!

We have a celebratory dinner  our last night in the hospital.  Pretty sure I want a ham sandwich first night!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mommythlegend  Thanks for starting this.  Yikes, that is a rough week!

40 now and will be 41 in October

19w3d

None right now.

I was introduced to reflux a couple of times last week.  That’s really unpleasant.  I asked my DH, “What are we going to do?” (regarding labor and delivery) as I’m a big wuss when it comes to discomfort... AS this Thursday - hoping everything’s okay in there.

FTM, mom to two little angel girls.

Hmm...I really hope the timing works out, but I guess I should have some sort of late night plan in place too.  I think maybe sushi from Sushi King a couple of blocks from the hospital, or a “Godmother” (Italian-ish) sandwich from Bay Cities Deli.  I’m glad there are a decent number of food options close to the hospital for DH.
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    krobkrob member
    @artemis618 a bay cities Godmother is exactly what i want. but i live in NYC now. there are knockoffs here, but no real equivalent. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Options

Hi all, my first post here! :)

42.5 y/o I’ll be 43
    21w 5d
    Nothing much. Just struggling with GD. last week wasn’t a good week. So I’m expecting they’d increase my insulin. 
    I have a fetal echo today
    FTM, 2 angels. 
    Because of my GD I have crazy cravings to pizza. I already know where I’m going to order from. Though I’m not sure how soon after birth I could go back on carbs like pizza. But in my dreams I’m having pizza as soon as I deliver :D
    TTC history in spoiler box:
    Me: 42, single
    Hysteroscopy: 2013
    IUI #1-2: 2013 BFN
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    IUI  #3-5 (with Clomid): summer 2016 BFN
    IVF #1: 11/2016. 30R; 21M; 20F; 8B (6 day5 & 2 day6); 4 normal after PGS
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.
    Medicated FET #2June 2017 - cancelled...
    Hysteroscopy #2: June 2017
    Medicated FET #2: 8/7/2017 transferred 1 embryo 5BB. BFP. Ended in CP.
    Medicated FET #3: 10/11/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFN
    ERA: December 2017 - need an extra 12 hours of PIO
    Medicated FET #4: 1/24/2018 transferred 1 embryo 4AA. BFN
    Out of embryos.  :'(
    IVF #2: 03/2018.

• Options
    37, but will be 38 in 4 days.

19 + 5 Almost halfway, eeeee!

Q: Has anyone used sea bands for motion sickness while pregnant?  I need to get some for the drive this weekend and our flight next weekend.  A nurse friend of mine suggested them and used them during her pregnancy, so I ASSUME they're ok?  I've all of a sudden acquired carsickness when I'm not the driver.  Super fun.

Getting my hair done tomorrow and I'm so overdue on it...looking forward to a fresh  head of hairs!!  Heading up to the mountains for my family reunion this weekend.  So excited to see people from CA, TX and KS that I haven't seen since my wedding in 2015 and most haven't met my DD yet!  Only thing I'm worried about is all the smoke from the wildfires.  Damn, all these fires in CO and CA just suck.  I feel such sorrow for those that have lost their homes or loved ones.  Ugh, this should go up there in the rants...I got sidetracked.  But yay, family!  :D

I have a 2 year old DD and a loss early this year.

I was SO out of it after my delivery with DD because they rushed her off to the NICU and the nurses encouraged me to shower and rest a little bit.  Once I got dinner, it was maybe 9 pm, so I just got a club sandwich on a croissant...I think?  My hospital offers a "gourmet celebration meal" for the patient and partner and I can't remember what it even was.  I had that on my second night there.  They also offer a pan of food to take home with you, but DH was in such a hurry to discharge that he didn't even want to hassle with trying to call the cafeteria and order it (it was honestly like pulling teeth to reach the cafeteria to order food).  I really don't know what I want to eat this time, but I told DH that I want some champagne!  Even if it's just a couple sips, I want some champagne to celebrate my last birth, damnit! 
    B) 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @mommythlegend I'm so sorry about all the cruddy news you've received lately.  I really hope things start looking up for you!
    @krob Congrats on the premier...that's very exciting!
    @Katzalia Enjoy your scan today!
    @snugglyduckling25 I hope you're enjoying your break from activities!
    @lexidawg Safe travels today...have a blast in FL!
    @artemis618 Blarg, I'm sorry you've had some reflux issues...I hope it was just those few times.
    @prudence9-2 Hello!  I hope your echo goes well today and your week (GD-wise) is much better.

• Options
    Thanks @clbnessFetal echo went well. But they did say that diabetes can cause issues with baby’s heart. 

And on that note, I just heard from the clinic and they doubled my insulin before dinner dose. 
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.

• Options
    @krob So exciting about your tv show!! The show I'm working on premieres in like 3 weeks and we're all going mad. (Especially since they decided at the very last minute to change the first episode from a 1 hr to a 2 hr!) Hope your premiere goes great and ratings/reviews are awesome! What type of show is it?

@artemis618 Is there a particular time of day your reflux is worst? I have been doing pretty well with taking a Pepcid either right when I wake up or setting an alarm and taking it an hour before waking and then having half of a plain mini bagel with very minimal water immediately upon waking. Then if I let that settle, I'm pretty good an hour later to eat more. Sometimes I'll take another pepcid at lunch, if it's bad. And I've been strictly limiting my diet to not reflux trigger foods. Anyway, good luck! It's really unpleasant.
  • Options
    @prudence9-2 Glad the echo went well, but dang it, I'm sorry you have to up the insulin.  :/

• Options
    @clbness the joke was on me about my break from activities. We got an email late Sunday, that I didn’t receive until Monday, saying soccer practice twice a week starts Tuesday 7/31. It was nice the couple of weekends it lasted. 

@krob and @maureenmce good luck with your shows! 

@prudence9-2 yay for a good feral echo! Sorry about the insulin dosage though
  • Options
    Thanks @clbness @snugglyduckling25 I’m actually glad they increased it. Because then I won’t have these high numbers after dinner. 

• Options
    That's very true @prudence9-2!

@snugglyduckling25 Dang it all...no rest for the wicked!

• Options
    Thanks for the tips @maureenmce!  Knock on wood, it’s just been those two times so far (once after first-ish thing in the morning after I’d only had almonds on the way to gym then work (and was trying to eat a breakfast burrito at my desk), then again after I’d had a larger-than-I-should-have-had dinner of not so healthy foods, then after walking home had a bunch of water with which to take supplements). Of course now I just had a probably-bigger-than-I-should-have-had piece of lasagna for dinner (took a two and a half nap whenever I got home from work - I guess I’m still pretty tired too) - probably I shouldn’t lay down for a while!  I am a sucker and bought some of those dye-free “take the flame” antacids - probably wouldn’t hurt to take a couple preemptively...

@prudence9-2 Hope you’re seeing improved post-dinner numbers with the upped insulin dose.
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Used seabands throughout first trimesters in both pregnancies. Very helpful. 
  • Options
    38/39

22w3d

Already dropped my complaints about parents/inlaws, etc. on the STM post. Otherwise, just frustrated by how tired and achy and low energy I am. 

getting ready to go on a family beach vacation. Mostly excited, but wondering when I’ll get a vacation from the vacation. 

STM - one daughter 

last time I had a plan to order from a nearby restaurant, but ended up being happy with whatever the hospital brought me. Will probably just do the same this time. 
  • Options
    PS, have a fetal echo in 2 weeks. The last of the tests due to a high NT - everything else has gone well so far. Have no idea what to expect with this one. 
  • Options
    @artemis618 yes, so far the increase in insulin before dinner helps! But it’s only been 2 days. I hope it stays this way. 

@nawmin I had the fetal echo 2 days ago. It’s basically just ultrasound focusing on the heart of the baby. You won’t even get to see a full view of your LO, in my case they immediately went to the heart. 

• Options
    @nawmin Thank you, I plan to buy some sea bands today to wear up to the mountains tomorrow!  Glad to hear it helped you.  

• Options
    Hello! I’m new to this thread ... my birthday is coming up on the 19th - the dreaded 3-5. Figured it’s time to face reality!! 
    1. How old are you and how old will you be at your due date? 34 ... will be 35 when baby girl arrives 

2. How far along are you? 22 weeks 5 days

3. Questions, Rants, Raves? I’m sure everyone feels this way but I hate feeling “old” having a baby. I’m healthier now than I was in my 20’s!

4. What's happening this week? I have a Dr. appt this afternoon - they don’t tell me what they’re doing so I’m assuming just listening to heart beat. 

5. Are you a FTM, STM, mom of angels? I had two miscarriages before baby girl - so FTM and 2 angels.

6. GTKY: What do you plan on requesting for your first meal post delivery? If you haven't thought about it yet and you're a STM what did you request last time? Probably a cheeseburger and fries!! Hahaha!
  • Options
    @countrygirl624 Hello!  MH gets so mad at me when I say I'm old balls (he's 6.5 years younger than me), but I'm with you...I always call myself old.  Happy early birthday and have a good appointment today!

• Options
    Thanks @clbness! My hubby is 3.5 years younger than me to the day! So whenever my bday rolls around I’m 4 years older (even though I look younger than him!) and he likes to remind me I am indeed old! Hahahaha