March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 4 Check-in (7/30)

This check-in is for ladies due 3/24-3/31. 

Due date: 

Any appointments?

Questions?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What is the last movie you saw and what did you think?

Re: Week 4 Check-in (7/30)

• Options
    Due date: 3/29

Any appointments? Photographer, but not until 9/7 for midwife

Questions?: 
    Anyone having any symptoms? I hardly feel pregnant. I want to POAS everyday just to confirm. 

How are you feeling?: normal, though having issues with not sleeping at night, so tired from that

Antman and Wasp. It’s another superhero movie, there’s a problem, it gets solved. I think they wasted a lot of story line on a side bad guy that was unnecessary. I’m kind of over the marvel movies, but my husband isn’t, so we go. I’m looking forward to seeing the new Winnie the Pooh movie with the family. 
  • Options
    Due date: 
    March 30th

Any appointments?
    Not yet

Questions?: 
    None so far!

How are you feeling?: 
    Pretty good, actually. Starting to feel the fatigue, and bursts of nausea here and there.

I'm a massive Rifftrax fangirl, so the last one I watched was Birdemic. I almost peed myself laughing so hard!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date: EDD 3/24

Any appointments? Anxiously awaiting ultrasound on 8/15

Questions?: None yet

How are you feeling?: Not too bad. I am 6 weeks + 1 day today, so I am bracing myself for the nausea. Other symptoms are sore boobs, some food cravings, not sleeping the best, and rare moments of queasiness. 

I watched I Feel Pretty with Amy Schumer the other day. It was cute and humorous. 
  • Options
    Due date: 3/31

Any appointments? nope. I have VA coverage, so I'm waiting for them to confirm the pregnancy via their lab work, so they can refer me to an OB

Questions?: --

How are you feeling?: I posted this on the 7/29 symptoms thread: bloated & gassy :(

GTKY: What is the last movie you saw and what did you think? I think the last movie I watched that I hadn't seen before was dunkirk, and I didn't even watch all of it b/c I walked into it after it started. amazing! couldn't pull my eyes away from it.
  • Options
    Due date: 3/28

Any appointments? August 10th - ultrasound 

Questions?: 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, just tired a LOT! Ready for 2nd tri so my DH will let me be more active and do things! Though I am enjoying him doing housework now. :)

GTKY: What is the last movie you saw and what did you think? Mission Impossible last night actually. Thought it was pretty good, just a long movie!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options

Any appointments? Not until 8/20 

Questions?: nope!

How are you feeling?: Ok.  Tired and massively crabby and still getting some random cramping/pain.  I'm also having some anxiety issues that I'm trying really hard to control.  When I'm not feeling like a crazy person I feel pretty good.  Lol.

GTKY: What is the last movie you saw and what did you think? IT, the new one.  It was pretty good though scary movies make me a lot more tense than they did before I had kids.  
  • Options
    Due date: EDD 3/26 or 3/28

Any appointments? Not until 8/15

Questions?: I'm growing concerned about gaining too much weight during this first tri (like an unhealthy amount). The queasiness only goes away when I'm full. It's hard to constantly snack and so I just ate a massive lunch and I feel like I've been eating larger portions lately. Anyone have this issue before? I may post this in the general but it's a big thread and a little daunting. 

How are you feeling?: Ok.  Bloated, gassy and queasy. Crossing my fingers it doesn't get worse and counting the blessing that it means my body is doing what it can to make this work. 

GTKY: What is the last movie you saw and what did you think? I watched Obvious Child the other night and DH was so confused as to why I would watch it now. *TW* it's about an unplanned pregnancy and the woman plans to end the pregnancy *end TW* Honestly I didn't quite know the plot line when I clicked play and nothing about the story has anything to do with my life. I liked the movie a lot. 
  • Options
    Due date: 3/28

Any appointments? I just moved this up from 9/6 to 8/30. Pretty much my entire family is coming over Labor Day weekend and I've been planning on telling them then. But it was starting to drive me crazy with worry that I wouldn't really know anything at that point and be telling a big crowd of people. My doctor doesn't do u/s other than at the 20 week mark. But I'm assuming she'd listen for the heartbeat at least....right? RIGHT??

Questions?: Just the above about what to expect from a first doctor appointment that won't include a u/s.

How are you feeling?: Still pretty good. I think I'm getting small bouts of queasiness, but it comes and goes so quickly and is so mild that I'm never really sure it's a symptom and not just some weird feeling. Other than that, sore boobs and slightly more tired, maybe. Still pretty uneventful, which I know is lucky!

GTKY: What is the last movie you saw and what did you think? A friend and I went to see the new Jurassic World movie. It was a fun, popcorn flick. I mean, don't think too hard about it or compare it to the original, and you'll have a good time!
  • Options
    @auburnvelvet86 - I'd ask your doctor.  At 8/30 you'll be what, 10 weeks?  I think sometimes you can't hear the heartbeat yet at 10 weeks and some doctors don't want to freak patients out.  I know my last doctor was hesitant to do it too early.
  • Options
    @KatieJo1205- Hm, ok. But then according to their schedule, I won't be back in for another month after that. It just starts to sounds super scary to have zero confirmation of things going along normally until week 14-15.
  • Options
    diaphenadiaphena member
    edited July 2018
    Due date: 3/26 based on LMP, we will see if the doc says anything different after my appt.

Any appointments? 8/7 when I will be 7 weeks exactly!

Questions?: Nothing today.

How are you feeling?: So gross, and tired. Nausea has been all day today, bleh. And last night I went to bed at about 9pm. DH thinks I'm worse off than my last pregnancy... I'm not sure yet but he may be right. If so I'm hoping it's a good sign.

Coco. It was so good! I highly recommend it, just be prepared to cry.

@auburnvelvet86 I'm glad you got your appt moved up! I bet they will listen for a heartbeat at least.

@KatieJo1205 I have been pretty anxious too. Hope you start feeling better soon. <3

Eta words
  • Options
    @auburnvelvet86 Ugh, I can't believe you have to wait so long! FX they will let you do something to confirm it all. My first u/s is at 7wks and they'll be able to check the heartbeat then, so you def could know that kind of information if your doctor would budge a little! If they do it vaginally, you could see the baby / sac and see the heart flutter at least. On a positive note, it's nice to see someone with the same due date :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    shrubshrub member
    Due date: 
    3/31
    Any appointments?
    8/15
    Questions?: 
    Why isn't there crushed ice in my house?
    How are you feeling?: 
    So bloated! I have a total Blump as someone said last week. I cannot 'suck it in'.  Also very sore. 
    I saw the new Mamma Mia with my mom last week. It was adorable and I loved it. Very entertaining. 

• Options
    Due date: March 29

Any appointments? The NP called and asked me to schedule an u/s for the end of the week but I would really like to push it off until next week. *TW-loss mentioned I had an ultrasound for my second pregnancy that showed no heartbeat, so if it is just too early to see a heartbeat this week, then I'd rather wait a few days so I don't have extra anxiety. *end TW

Questions?: 

How are you feeling?: Nauseous and exhausted

GTKY: What is the last movie you saw and what did you think? I took my kids to Lego Ninjago a few weeks ago. They have $1 movies in the summer of old movies at the movie theater, before that it had probably been a year. Enjoy the movie theater now ladies.

@auburnvelvet86 My dr doesn't listen until 12 weeks. If they listen at 10 weeks (especially if your a ftm) they may not hear the heartbeat.
    @kaykaysea I also find that I eat like crap in the first tri. I have ended up with GD twice and had to dramatically changed my eating habits. I ended up not gaining much weight with either of my kids. Try to be healthy in the first tri but know that once the nausea wears off you will have better control. If you aren't already overweight then you should probably be fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sejicasejica member
    Due date: 3/25

Any appointments? Aug 6, 1 more week!

Questions?: @peacebubblebaby I poas on Sat morning to double check before we told family in visiting from out of town. Someone else mentioned the hook effect earlier, so I'd Google that before you do, so as not to freak over a false negative.

How are you feeling?: all over the place emotionally. Even though this was what we wanted, I'm still not sure it was a good idea to have another pregnancy so close to dd who turned 1 June 20.

GTKY: What is the last movie you saw and what did you think? Had on in the background - Harry Potter and the half-blood prince, great as usual. Really watched intentionally - black panther, enjoyed a lot, great movie, I'd rate it a 7/10, would watch again ;)
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Due date: 3/31

Any appointments? 8/7 just a confirmation.

Questions?: Not really. Wondering why I have no major symptoms. 

How are you feeling?: Nipples are sore to the to touch, occasionally I'll have a wave of nausea, very tired. Very anxious for no reason. 

GTKY: What is the last movie you saw and what did you think? I just got done watching Cars 2 with my kids again, but the last one I saw in theaters was The Incredibles 2. It was awesome! I loved seeing Jack Jack's powers come to fruition. 

@sejica Totally know what you mean about feeling like maybe you planned the wrong time. I just got a potentially major MAJOR job offer today that could increase my yearly earnings more than 20k per year. I'm not really earning a lot now so we could use it.. but I have not told anyone I'm pregnant yet and it's very demanding as far as my time goes, and it's supposed to start in January... so I'll work two months and then have a baby and be out 6 weeks... how are you supposed to tell someone that !?!? So I'm keeping it a secret for a few months, but I kind of regret getting pregnant now. I didn't think this was a possibility! I am really looking forward to a baby but the timing isn't ideal anymore.
  • Options
    @sejica - we tried for over a year for my DD and the minute I got the positive I freaked out and wondered wth did we do?  Our life was so perfect - we could do whatever we wanted, go wherever we wanted, and now we are going to mess it up.  Even though it was what I had wanted to see for 14 months.  Of course our life is so much better with her in it.  But wouldn't you know, here we were trying again and a couple days after this BFP I had the same thoughts!  One is so easy, why are we messing with the good thing we've got?  I'm sure I'll laugh at this down the line just like I did with my first, but it feels pretty bad to have those thoughts, even if you don't really mean them.
  • Options
    @kaykaysea Me!Me! 3rd pregnancy and I always struggle with needing to eat in order to feel comfortable. I don’t feel sick, but my stomach starts to cramp and be so painful when I don’t. Both pregnancies I gained 50!! lbs. my second pregnancy I was starting at a dream-weight of 128, but this time I’m starting at a much much higher number (totally sexy mom-bod) and so im really trying hard to make my snacks fruits and vegetables instead of carbs and empty calories. I am also already aiming at the spinningbabies recommended 3 miles of walking a day...hoping it will help curve my gain. 
  • Options
    Due date: March 25

Any appointments? Just had my first of appt at six weeks.

Questions?: when does the insomnia end!

How are you feeling?: Exhausted and lots of cramps

GTKY: What is the last movie you saw and what did you think? Oceans 8 and I thought it was ok but I liked some of the other ones better.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options

This check-in is for ladies due 3/24-3/31. 

Due date: 3.25

Any appointments? 8.8

Questions?: How will I possibly manage to keeep working? I’m ready to quit right now!

How are you feeling?: Terrible! I was fine, then the extreme nausea & exhaustion hit like a ton of bricks today. 

GTKY: What is the last movie you saw and what did you think? Honestly can’t remember. Boring. Feeling sorry for myself in all my misery. 
  • Options
    Due date: 3/29

Any appointments? Health Questionnaire appointment on 8/27 (hopefully with a heartbeat check, I can't remember from the last time)

Questions?: How did I put up with the exhaustion with my first pregnancy? Oh yeah...I didn't have a toddler LOL

How are you feeling?: By about 7pm I'm ready for bed - so tired! But (fingers crossed) I think my headache of 6 days might have finally subsided.

GTKY: What is the last movie you saw and what did you think? Last movie in theaters was Book Club with my MIL & her 2 friends. Cute typical middle-aged woman movie ;)
  • Options
    Due date: 3/26

Any appointments? Not for another 3 weeks :|

Questions?: I’m a teacher and I don’t know how I’m going to be able to pump at work after baby comes.

How are you feeling?: Tired and lazy.  I was pretty grumpy today too.  I just feel exhausted all day long.

GTKY: What is the last movie you saw and what did you think? Last movie in theaters was A Quiet Place.  I loved it.  I’m not usually a fan of scary movies, but this one had the perfect amount of suspense and character development.  Plus John Krasinski and Emily Blunt are just generally fantastic :)
  • Options
    @keikilove I feel you there! I'd love to be able to quit work now too! It would be nice to be able to nap any time fo the day!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Due date: March 30th

Any appointments?
    -not a formal one, I work for the OB who delivers me so I pick his brain and have done a sono off the record. My official prenatal labs appointment is next week! 

Questions?: has anyone had a baby in March before? I’ve only had a June/July baby and I’m so caught off guard with the cold weather due date.. (VA here, likely snow on the ground when I deliver)

How are you feeling?: 
    - I had hyperemesis with my last 2 pregnancies, for the most part I feel good. Boobs are starting to be sore and I’m exhausted. 

-Game Night! I actually really liked it! I rarely watch movies with DH, he works for UPS and works crazy hours and with the kids it’s hard to just hangout on the couch. 
  • Options
    Due Date: March 27

Any Appointments? August 8! I should be 7 weeks, and I’m hoping everything is ok. 

Questions? Is it normal to want to tell everyone I know that I’m pregnant? I know they say it’s too soon, but both my DH and I can’t stop telling people! 

How is are you feeling? Like some others have said, at times I don’t even feel pregnant. But then the symptoms hit. Incuding my extremely bloated stomach that makes feel like I already look 5 months instead of 5 weeks. Also, my breasts are sore from time to time and getting bigger already. I’ve also had cramps that basically feel like I’m getting my period. Last week I had really bad headaches, but they haven’t been as bad the past few days. And I’m really tired most of the time! 

GTKY: What was the last movie you saw and what did you think? 
    I saw Three Identical Strangers. It was good, and got me thinking about some things. But I was surprised because it was a true documentary. I was expecting it to be a true story acted out by actors. 
  • Options

Any appointments? 8/27 at about 9 weeks. I did lab work last week to confirm HCG and progesterone levels.

Questions?: --

How are you feeling?: Anxious. Worried. Nervous. I want to tell everyone but I'm scared something will go wrong since it's so early. 

GTKY: What is the last movie you saw and what did you think? Last one in the theater: Pitch Perfect 3. The movie was ok, but the best part was it was my first time at one of the eat-in theaters where they deliver the food to your seat. It was awesome!! It's the only way I want to go see movies now lol.
  • Options
    @asage218 Those type of theaters are my favorite too! We went to a new one this weekend with actual recliner seats...they didn't deliver food, but it was comfy and nice not having people right on top of you. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019