November 2018 Moms

Zika in Texas

anybody worried about This? New to this board. Been bit just a few times 

Re: Zika in Texas

• hello and welcome. before i answer, i’m just giving you the lowdown that we try to give all newcomers. please read the *read first* thread at the top of the board, and introduce yourself in the intro thread also at the top. we’re a nice group, but we like to keep the board organized so this kind of one-off post is typically discouraged. in our experience, these types of posts have usually been a case of people using us as their personal google with no real intention to repay the favor (not implying that’s what you’re doing, just reiterating what’s been said in the past); if you want support, you should kindly give support in return. please consider joining in as you can. jumping into some of the preexisting threads is the easiest way. i can’t say it enough, the ladies here really are a wonderful group if you put in the time.

to answer your question, the most recent update from the cdc states that all continental  US cases of zika (including texas) were acquired while traveling abroad, and only diagnosed while back home. there are no reports of local mosquito born transmission yet. but, i would not fault you if you want to be extra cautious and wear mosquito repellent while outside. i wouldn’t be concerned, though.

see here: https://www.cdc.gov/zika/reporting/2018-case-counts.html