Infertility

July 2018 IVF

Re: July 2018 IVF

• GL @anared hope you'll hear from your clinic soon and they will not mke you wait too long
    @lemondrop1976 I'm so sorry for this bad news was really hoping the best for you. sending you prayers and hugs
  • Just took my last BCP, so excited! I hated being on BC so hard to remember and stressed me put even tho I had a reminder on my phone 
  • Loading the player...
  • mackororimackorori member
    edited July 2018
    @babydust2507 Glad this first step is over, I’m sure you’re excited to move to the next ones!

AFM...the stims have gone well, better size and numbers than last time, which I’ll take since this quality issue haunts me and unfortunately I feel like it’s statistics at this point. I had a lot of headaches though. The follicles are ready to go so they are moving my retrieval up a day to Tuesday.
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @lemondrop1976 sorry to hear about your BFN. Thinking of you in my prayers, please let us what your RE says if you are ok sharing. Praying for good news for you in your next steps. 
  • Thank you @mackorori! Yes I'm excited and I'm praying that good results keep n coming your way! 
  • Good luck tomorrow @mackorori!!

@babydust2507 what day do you start stims??

@anared did you ever get an update after your retrieval?  How are you feeling??
  • @katie35 I'll start stims on the 28th. So, this past Saturday was my last day on the BCP but I haven't had my period yet. How long does it usually take?
  • @babydust2507 I think it took me 2 or 3 days.  I think everyone is a little different though.  Hang in there!!
  • thank you @katie35
    @mackorori are you still having you ER tomorrow?
  • @babydust2507 they actually moved it up To today. About to go in, hoping for the best! Happy early birthday BTW...
  • anaredanared member
    @babydust2507 thanks! I will get an update towards the end of the week because I am doing FET and PGD. The nurse said it actually made patients have more anxiety because things change day by day so they changed the update schedule for FET patients. Fresh transfers get more frequent updates. I hated BCP too! its the reason I got a cyst, never had one before that. At least that part is over you are almost there! *lurking* I got my period 2 days after but it was very very light, almost spotting and lasted about 4 days. It is not normal for me, but my nurse said its normal for BCP, and she even said some women don't get it at all. Didn't seem like a big deal at my clinic however, each one is different. 

@katie35 I am starting to feel a little better each day thanks for asking. Still have some cramping and feeling sore but I can get around as long as I do not bend or stretch, thats when I start feeling pressure and pulling. Since I am doing a FET and PGD they said I will get an update at the end of the week before anything is sent to biopsy. The more frequent updates are for fresh transfer patients. Did you get any more updates for your embryos? Or still waiting? 

@mackorori Good luck on your ER today! 
  • @mackorori hope your ER went well, keep us posted and sending prayers your way for healthy mature eggs! 
    @anared thanks for the details on a period after BCP. I was kinda concerned, didn't want it to delay the process and interfere with my calendar. I actually started spotting today but i didn't call the clinic to let them know, i was waiting on a heavier flow. especially because there were days where i spotted while being on BCP so wasn't sure if today was my CD1 or not, but I will tell my RE tomorrow at my appointment 
    @katie35, any updates on your sides? 
    And thank you everyone for the birthday wishes, I really appreciate it!
  • Thanks for the well wishes...the ER went well, they retrieved 21 eggs, of those 16 were mature and 15 fertilized.  We are doing PGS so they will contact us next Monday with how many made it to biopsy and freeze.  Similar to what @katie35 said, my clinic also waits on the updates for those going to freeze. My numbers are much better than last time, but I'm still am nervous to get too excited because of the whole quality issue.  Hoping for the best!!
  • @anared I can’t wait to hear your update toward the end of the week! I’m sure it’s been a long week for you waiting! Fingers crossed for good news! 

@babydust2507 it’s almost stim day!! Excited for you! Hopefully everything with your period and calendar stays right on track! 

@mackorori 15 fertilized!! That sounds great! I totally understand the nervousness behind the quality issue. I’ll be praying for good results for Monday! 

Update for me... I’m a week past our 5 day embryo transfer and I’ve been feeling very uncomfortable. I wouldn’t say in pain but a lot of discomfort! My abdomen has puffed up quite a bit... and I have some shortness of breath. Not gaining any weight... but boy does it look like it in my tummy!! Anyways, I talked to my clinic today just to let them know and they wanted me to come in for bloodwork today for OHSS risk and an ultrasound tomorrow to check out how much fluid I have in my abdomen and how large my ovaries are. My bloodwork came back today and the nurse contacted me and said I was definitely pregnant! What?!?! Could this be it?!  Now, I should be over the moon excited... but am now a little worried. Her words... “your hcg level is 45 which isn’t terribly high but you are 2 days early. Hopefully the numbers rise nicely.”  This isn’t a nurse I’ve worked with as my normal NP is on vacation, so I don’t really know how to read her. Ugh.... does the worrying ever go away? We will see how tomorrow’s appt. goes and then another beta on Friday! Praying praying praying for high numbers! 

Me: 32   DH: 37 
    Married: 06/21/2008
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:
    IUI #1-bfp DS born 07/06/2010

TTC #2:
    IUI #1: Sept. 2017 - cancelled (ovulated too soon)
    IUI #2: Oct. 2017 - bfn
    switched clinics
    IUI#3: Nov. 2017 - bfn
    IUI#4: Dec. 2017 - bfn 
    Hysteroscopy w/ ovarian diathermy: Feb. 2018
    IUI#5: April 2018 - bfp (chem. preg)
    IUI#6: May 2018 - bfp (chem. preg) 
    IVF #1: July 2018

• mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited July 2018
    Lurking...

@kbenner2

TW

I developed OHSS about 6 days after my transfer and also had a BFP.  The doctor told me I likely wouldn’t have it if I didn’t have a healthy pregnancy.  I’m now 12 weeks.

i think 45 at 7dpt is pretty normal!!
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @kbenner2 CONGRATULATIONS!! That is great news!!  I think 45 is pretty good for being early.  Sending lots of prayers that everything looks good on Friday!!

@anared and @babydust2507 we ended up with 5 embryos which were biopsied and frozen.  3 grade 2+ hatching blasts, 1 grade 2 hatching blast, and 1 grade 3 blast.  We should have our PGS results end of next week!
  • Also, @mackorori those are great numbers!  Here's to hoping the weekend goes quickly for you!
  • @kbenner2 Exciting news, congratulations!!! 
  • anaredanared member
    @mackorori Congratulations on the great numbers!!! 

@kbenner2 Thank you! and Yay! That is great news! congratulations! I hope your numbers keep rising. Good luck with the beta tomorrow, and keep us updated! 

@katie35 Fingers crossed for a good PGS report! when are you planning to transfer?
  • Congratulations @kbenner2! That's excited! Praying for more good news to come on your up coming beta appt!
    @mackorori great numbers! That's a pretty good ratio 15 out 16 fertilize! FX for healthy embryos!
    Congrats @katie35 and pray that they will all make pass the PGS test.
     I had my baseline appt yesterday, everything went well, estrogen was low and they confirmed to start stims on Saturday, I'm getting nervous...
  • bkatpbkatp member
    Whoa lot happened while I was away.

First congratulations @kbenner2.  Aren't you just 1 week from your transfer. 45 for 1 week is great number. Good luck for your beta. 

@mackorori congratulations on 15 fertilized. That's a real good number. 

@babydust2507 congratulations on starting stims and good luck with your stims days. My period came 2 -3 days later and we're very light lasted 2 days.

@katie35 good luck for your pgs report. Is there a reason why you are doing pgs report or is it normal to do? We haven't opted for that.

I was super busy with moving and settling my husband in Minneapolis. Meanwhile I also got my period last Sunday. They said they should have FET calendar ready end of this week.  Hoping for it go as planned.

• @babydust2507 stim day is tomorrow for you!!! That’s an exciting day!! Good luck! 

@bkatp how happy to have your FET calendar coming your way soon! Any guesses on when your big day will be?! 

Thank you you all for the congrats and encouraging words about my beta. The past couple of days have been a rollercoaster for sure... mostly because of my previous losses. I guess I’m extra sensitive and paranoid. The bad news is my OHSS is getting pretty awful. Just so uncomfortable, in pain, and nausea. They’re monitoring the fluid in my abdomen with ultrasounds every other day with bloodwork as well, so at least they’re keeping tabs on it all. No hospitalization yet or needing to be drained. The good news is my beta went up to 106 today at 9dp5dt (14dpo)! It more than doubled in just 44 hours! I feel like I can now relax and just rest without so much worry. My progesterone and estrogen were sky high today so my doctor is having me lower my doses a bunch on those in hopes that it’ll not fuel the OHSS as much. Anyways... thank you all for your support. None of this is an easy journey.
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:

TTC #2:
    switched clinics

• hello all, i am sorry that i disappeared a few weeks ago.  life has been chaotic.  we moved into a new house on july 2 and on that same day i had an appointment on day 4 of stims.  Unfortunately I had developed a lead follicle that was already 20mm on day 6 of my cycle!  So we converted to TI (spoiler alert, I got my period 10dp ovulation in what was officially the weirdest cycle of my life).  

In the ensuing weeks, I had to travel out of state to deal with a family emergency, got some furniture for the new house and drove it 9 hours in a Budget Truck, came home and two days later learned of a terribly tragic death in the family.  Again traveled out of state to attend the funeral and, well, needless to say, life has just turned upside down these past few weeks.  With all the things that have happened, I know that my July IVF cycle was just never. meant. to. be.

We have more travel in our future, but our clinic worked with those dates and I'm starting OCPs tonight and then adding in a 2 week lupron dose to hopefully avoid the too-early follicle development.  My first monitoring appointment should be the week of August 20.  I'll hop onto the August IVF thread but just wanted to give a quick hello to everyone in July since I bailed on you!

Thanks to @emmasemm and @katie35 for attempting to check in on me  <3
    And CONGRATS to @kbenner2 I hope everything continues to go smoothly and OHSS symptoms don't get severe
    @lemondrop1976 so very sorry to read about your BFN, hope you are holding up ok

TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Thank you ladies for wishing me GL for starting with stims tomorrow and yes I'm excited and a lil nervous! 
    @kbenner2 congratulations on your numbers going up, so excited for you and sorry that you have to go thru that, it will be over before you know and you will be enjoying your pregnancy!
    @wishing-and-hoping sorry about what's going on in your life and I will be chatting in the Aug thread too because my ER is in August if everything goes well.

• @wishing-and-hoping I am so so very sorry for all that you are dealing with the past few weeks. How horrible! I can’t even begin to imagine how your are feeling. I’ll be thinking about you and your family and hoping August brings you great things. 
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:

TTC #2:
    switched clinics

• @kbenner2 congratulations!  I had moderate OHSS for a couple of weeks with my BFP and was in the worst pain of my life, I’m so sorry you’re going through it too.  I drank a ton of G2... like 80-100oz a day and they had me monitoring my urine output.  They also say high protein and salty foods to try to keep the fluid in the veins.  I went up 10” in the waist and 10 lbs very quickly and then after a couple of weeks i was peeing and walking normally and the bloat improved slightly but that and some discomfort from my huge ovaries stuck around for a lot longer.  I hope lowering your estrogen and progesterone helps you feel better quicker!  I thought it was the hcg doing it (my beta was 400 at 10dpt).
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• katie35katie35 member
    edited July 2018
    @wishing-and-hoping what an ordeal!  Sorry you went through all of that.  Here's to hoping that August is your month!

@kbenner how is your OHSS doing now that you have been on the reduced hormones?  Hopefully you are getting some relief!

@bkatp good luck on your upcoming FET!  And for us, we decided to do PGS testing this round ultimately just because we are kind of at a loss for why we haven't had any luck yet.  I am not sure if it will give us any answers or not, but we figured it will at least identify the embryos which would not have made it prior to transferring them.

@anared just wanted to check in on you.  Were you able to get any updates last week?  Also, you had asked about when we plan to transfer.  Pending the PGS results, I am thinking it will be late September or Early October?  We are going to take a month off, then doing an endo scratch the next, and then transferring the following cycle.

@mackorori I believe you mentioned that you would be getting your results early this week.  Just wanted to wish you good luck!  I am sure this weekend has felt like a loooong one!

• @katie35 thanks, it was a long weekend, even trying to keep busy and preoccupied.  Hoping your PGS results come in soon!

I was nervous this morning when I saw them calling, I had to let them leave a message.  Good news is that we have 4 that went to biopsy and freeze.  She said others are still showing some growth but aren't quite big enough to biopsy so they will give them another day. Last time nothing came out of an extra day, so while we hope for the best, we are assuming it's 4.  Now just a wait on the PGS results...

@babydust2507 - how are the stims going?
  • @mackorori congrats on the 4 embies! That's very good! Happy for and pray that you'll get more to freeze!
    Stims is going good I guess, I feel ok so far. I had some blood work done this morning they said my estrogen went from 40 to over 100 forgot the exact number but they want me to increase my dose of follitism from 200 to 225 so will see! My next appointment is on the 1st.
  • What was your dose of Gonal F/ Follitism like? and how much did your estrogen increase from your baseline appt to your 1st bloodwork after you started Stims? sorry guys I'm getting nervous now... 
  • @babydust2507 I was on 112.5 Gonal F and 75 of Menopur.  My first estrogen level was 240 but I didn't have my first draw until day 4.  I am sure you are on track! Hang in there!  You are going to be to retrieval before you know it.

Also, @mackorori that is great!  Congrats on your 4 embryos!!  
  • @babydust2507 are you worried it’s not high enough and they increased your doses? Unfortunately I don’t know much about what is too high or low, my estrogen skyrocketed in my cycles, to the other side of the extreme. I was over 3000 at my first blood work 5 days in, but I was on an aggressive regimen also and got up over 7000 at my last blood work.
  • Thank you @katie35 for sharing again your numbers that makes me feel more confident and thanks again for sharing the spreadsheet
    @mackorori, yes I was afraid that I was not responding to the medication the way they were expected reason why they wanted to increase my dose. I just don't wanna have this cycle cancel I wanna go all the way to the ER and hope for the best! and thank you for sharing your numbers too! really appreciate the quick responses ladies, thank you again !
  • @babydust2507 I feel like they are always tweaking to get it better or back off. It doesn’t seem they moved yours a huge amount, so I take that as a good sign. For perspective, my more aggressive protocol was 150 Menopur 300 gonal f.
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @wishing-and-hoping sorry to hear you are going through so much. I am hoping and praying that August will be you month. 

@katie35 thank you for the info, I just wanted to make sure we are not missing anything it's not possible to change to pgs now correct? I called my nurse and she said doctor didn't recommend it so they haven't recommended it to us. 

@mackorori congratulations on 4 embies. Hope ul here more numbers today. Are u relieved now ? 

@babydust2507 I had my estrogen jump from 45 to 100 in 4 days and they increased my follistm from 150 to 225. I was also on menopour 150. In my first post I have posted all numbers for every alternate day that will give you some reference in case u want to look at it.

@kbenner2 how is it going for you. 

@anared any update from you?
  • @bkatp yes, definitely a relief, the uncertainty of it all can be so overwhelming. 2 more grew enough yesterday to test, so now we have a total of 6. Now it’s just waiting for the PGS and hoping for the best, will know in 1-2 weeks. You were asking about PGS in general and with my being 42 and known chromosomal issues in my prior MC this was highly recommended for us.
  • whoop whoop! @mackorori ! great news! glad you got more to test and FX on the PGS!
    Thank you @bkatp for sharing your numbers! looks like I'm doing ok then. I have u/s and blood work tomorrow. keep you all posted!
  • @mackorori wow!!! That’s amazing that you have 6 to test!! Hoping wonderful news comes your way in 1-2 weeks!!! 

@babydust2507 how’d your ultrasound and bloodwork go today? What day of stims are you on? ER day is getting closer! 

My OHSS is getting better. I’ve been having ultrasounds and bloodwork done every other day to monitor it. My progesterone, which normally should be around 20-30 maybe at this point, was way over 200! So they halved my PIO dosage. Two days later it was still just as high so they had me stop injections altogether. Not complaining about that!!! Same with my estrogen levels...they are at 5,000 (wayyyy too high) so I’ve had to stop those meds too. I think stopping these meds helped a lot with my OHSS. My hugely inflated preggo looking belly has definitely subsided and I’m just a tiny bit bloated now! 

Feeling so blessed for our bfp... but I’m having a lot of trouble not being a worried mess. Due to multiple losses this past year, I just keep thinking about the worst and I really need to refocus my thinking and count my blessings. The up and down emotions of excitement and then worry are just a bit much. 

Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:

TTC #2:
    switched clinics

• @kbenner2 glad your ohss is getting better. I know it's very hard not to stress esp when u have a history. How is your hcg raising ? If it is raising and u are being monitored every other day then I think u are in good care. 

I had 3 losses 1 at 6 weeks 1 at 5 weeks other at 8 weeks although last one didn't grow beyond 4 weeks 5 days and stayed till 8 weeks only cos I was on progesterone supplement. I dunno what is the difference between CP and MC and whether mine are CP or MC. But my mind keeps worrying always as well as I really dunno if they figured out the reason, I am trying my best to stay positive. 

Hoping for things to turn out good for you and for transfer to ob gyn at 8 weeks. 
  • @kbenner2 glad you are doing better with OHSS and your numbers are rising! that's awesome! I know it's not easy to think about the past but like you said trying to focus on what's happening right and stay positive, enjoy your pregnancy!
    I"m on day D4 of Stims. My u/s went well I guess..so I have 28 follicles on my left ovary and 12 on my right. All ranging from 9-13 mm. My Estrogen level went up to 642 so they want to bring my follistim back to 200 U. My next appt is Friday. I don't even know what number they're aiming and they increase then decrease my follistim :/ I will ask at my next appt.