Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY Tuesday 7/31

I can't believe there wasn't one up yet for today! 

What's the worst pickup line someone has ever tired on you? 

(I got this question from the internet, I am not creative but I tried! haha)
*TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

Re: GTKY Tuesday 7/31

• Also ar a bar/club.... A guy came up to me and told me that I looked like the "most fun girl in the place". 
  • Loading the player...
  • @prpl11butterfly what the heck. I feel like I would be offended by that? 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• @general_organa Lol! That would have been great if you knew kung fu and decided to show him  :D
    @prpl11butterfly That's creepy...I would have been offended by that too.

Back in college I used to see this orange moped parked around campus. It was so cute and unique that I always pointed it out if I was walking with somebody. One night I went to a house party and saw the orange moped parked in the driveway. I asked the host who the moped belonged to, and he said it was his. Then he said, "I can give you a ride later if you like." :flushed: 
  • holly321holly321 member
    edited July 2018
    It was not him, it was his sister....  My family used to go to this one Chinese restaurant weekly, they had a buffet there too. We became pretty friendly with the owner and her family We usually ate there towards closing, and they would often send us home with buffet leftovers.

We had my brother's rehearsal dinner there, and that night the owner's brother was being a bit flirty with me, and she started talking about how much money my dad could get to let me marry for citizenship. It was creepy....

Not a pick up line, but this made me think of this.  there was a Greek restaurant we used to go to all the time when I was in high school, and we used to always get this one waiter, who was at least in his thirties, and he would always flirt with me, but my dad loved it, because he would give us free dessert.  We went there one time, with DH and dad would not let him sit beside me because he wanted his free cheesecake!
  • Someone hit on me in the grocery store in front of the apples.  I can't remember what he said, but I do remember thinking it was a little creepy because I just wanted to buy food, not get hit on. 
  • Mine was in a coffee shop. I was reading the newspaper, enjoying a tasty scone and this guy came up and asked if I needed help with my paper. "Well, I know how to read, sooooo...." It was super awkward. He kind of just walked away, blushing after that  :p  
  • I just remembered one. This was at a wedding last fall where I went without my H bc he was at a bachelor party the same weekend. Close to the end of the reception, I was standing off to the side of the dance floor talking with a group of friends. A guy that I didn’t know came up behind me, grabbed my hand, and tried to pull me onto the dance floor. I looked at him a second trying to figure out if I knew him (I didn’t) and he looks back at me and says “Dance?”. I was like um no I’m good, sorry. He asked a few more times before giving up. It was super awkward and made me uncomfortable. I was married at the time (wearing my rings...) but even if I wasn’t, it really rubbed me the wrong way that he didn’t even try to speak to me first before dragging me out onto the dance floor. Would have saved us both some embarrassment. That’s not the way to get a girl to dance with you! Thankfully the reception was about to end anyway.
  • @wishiwaspreggo I'm assuming he got feeling nervous/awkward and stumbled into that interesting phrase haha because who really needs help with a newspaper?! Poor guy!  :D  
  • Not really a pick up line, but  several years back, my friends and I would frequent a local bar, one night, a man about my age went around telling everyone I was his wife, it was a surprise when people approached me and told me my husband was drunk and i should keep an eye on him  :D
    This happened just recently, my DHs childhood friend came over last weekend to hang out and commented not once, but several times about swapping wives...after like the 3rd or 4th time he said, "no thanks, Im good"  :D He played like he was kidding but...
  • @nitnat007 - oh, no! I hate it when people say stuff like that. I worked for a professor who was asking me about my high school days and I was talking about things happening in the late 90's and he was like "Wait a minute, I thought you went to high school in the 80's like me..." Um, no dude. I was in kindergarten in 1987. Before that I don't really have any memories.
  • @nitnat007 Ugh, I got one similar to that from the orange moped guy that same night: "I've got a thing for short girls." He also asked me if I weighed "like, 80 pounds." :angry: By the end of the night I asked two of my friends to be my "bodyguards" to keep moped guy away from me. Fortunately, he never bothered me again.
  • @dogmomma271 the caveman impulse was strong with that one, I guess.

I don't know if this is considered a pickup line or a catcall but when I was in college I was sitting on a bench, talking to my mom on the phone and twirling my hair. Two guys walked by and one said, "Can I play with your hair?" I ignored him so logically, the other guy said, "Can I play with your pussy?" I freaked out and screamed, "F*** YOU!" so of course my mother was all scared I was about to get murdered. The joys of being female.
  • @riff323 - You know, I've been wondering what motivates men to catcall like that, especially when it's so vulgar. This asshole was shouting "hey baby" at me while I was at a stoplight, and wouldn't stop even though I refused to look at him. It made me really uncomfortable but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing I heard him so I just played with my phone instead. This happened like, a week ago. I'm 36 with graying temples, I'm chunky, and I dress like a school marm (because that's pretty much what I am). If *I* am not safe from inappropriate catcalling, no woman is. But seriously, it just doesn't make any sense! What do they get out of it, and what the fuck are they expecting from us? It's just gross. Even if I was single I'd automatically put you in the "hell no" category if you're catcalling me from the side of the road.

One time I ignored a catcall and as I walked away the guy shouted "Well, you're fat anyway!" You were interested minutes ago, weren't you? Ugh. Pervy, entitled men are the scum of society.
  • @wishiwaspreggo it's infuriating!!! And you're right: it's extremely uncomfortable. I've had horrible things happen to my friends with catcalls and I even had to literally run and hide one time to get away from a guy. I totally agree with how you feel, too - if *I* am not safe, no one is. I've often wondered what it's like to be a really beautiful woman. It must be absolutely terrifying to walk alone.
  • @wishiwaspreggo @riff323 By the way that they carry on with it, you would think that they must have been successful along the line. Somehow? I lived in Central America for many years and it was a daily occurrence down there. There was one day that I was walking down the beach and got harassed and did my best to ignore it. Of course there was a large group of them sitting together which was even more intimidating, and when his efforts were ineffective, he decided to then call me a racist. I was horrified and could not bite my tongue. It is likely the only time I ever had something to say in one of those situations. 
  • No specific pick up lines, but someone tried to hit on me at Costco in the prepared meals section. I had just come from the gym (sweaty, no wear cute workout clothes, but I was wearing my wedding ring). He was making small talk and told me visiting from out of town and was asking me if the meals were microwavable.  I usually don't know if I am being hit on or not. He asked me what I was looking for. Just in case he was hitting on me, I causally mentioned that I told my husband I would pick up something on the way home. I looked up from the food and he had booked it 30 ft in the opposite direction. I guess he was hitting on me and didn't see the ring...

The other one was I was on a cruise for conference. It was a dinner the first night. The guy was flirting with me. I was unofficially engaged (ring was getting resized) at the time. I told him that I was in committed relationship (I got engaged less than two weeks later). And he and other people at the table were making fun of that and telling me things like "what happens on the ship stays on the ship." Seriously? You trying to convince me to cheat on my SO? You think that's attractive? Dinner was weird for the rest of the week as we sat with the same people every night.
  • @riff323 - very true. I have a few friends that are very pretty and they are just bitchy to men. That usually works. One of my friends is married and we went out to a club one night and men kept buying her drinks. She wouldn't say thanks and handed them to me and my wife and said "Here, you can have this." I think it made the guys feel awful enough that they just slunk away. Now, I'm not advocating people do that (because she's... just ice cold lol), but I think if they feel the blow to their ego they're more likely to stop trying. With plainer women they must feel entitled like we should be grateful for the attention or something. I dunno. We definitely need to see a major cultural shift before it stops.
  • @nitnat007 - See, they reach far to get a reaction, I'm convinced of it. I get the "you're fat" thing all the time because I think they want a reaction. He probably accused you of being racist so you'd finally give him attention even though - obviously - you just wanted to enjoy your day unmolested.

And there is seriously nothing scarier than a group of men catcalling. Especially if they're drunk. I don't think they realize how terrifying that can be. It's very easy to imagine one of them crossing the line with the others following suit and finding yourself in a gang rape situation.
  • @nitnat007 that used to happen to my friend too - she used to get called racist when she would ignore a guy! It's so stupid.

@wishiwaspreggo I think you're right about how they assume we should be grateful for their perverse attention. I kind of like the ice cold approach!
  • My favorite is the men who act like they were never interested in you to begin with when you put them in their place. So now I'm the bitch for thinking I'm so hot that you would want to hit on me. It's definitely a form of gaslighting. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I was walking into Tim Horton's one summer and a guy leaned out his window to ask me if I was married. I was foolish and naive, so I answered "No." He replied with "Do you want to be?" He was definitely old enough to be my dad *shudder*
  • I did online dating before meeting my bf so I got some hilarious/horrible pick up lines. 
    This one still makes me laugh cause its so bad haha 
    Stranger danger - "what's the difference between a garbanzo bean and a chickpea?" 
    Me "no idea!!" 
    Stranger danger "I won't let a garbanzo bean on my face" 
    Lmao!!! 

I've got SO many more but this is all I can think off of the top of my head. 
    Oh and no, the pick up line didnt work lol 
  • This isn't a pickup line but the outcome of the attempted pickup will never leave my mind:

One NYE I was sitting at my friends bar with another single girlfriend. We were on the hunt for literally any attractive guy to kiss at midnight. Finally ONE unattached dude walks through the door and sits next to me. He starts talking to me and offers to buy me a drink. I introduce myself after the drink comes and he says his name is..

MERLIN

And that was the end of my potential courtship from a wizard.