Baby Names

Boy name input

Team green & having trouble with boy names... any obvious pros/cons, bad nicknames/associations etc. please comment :) 

sibling named Mara
Me (28) & DH (35)
Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

Boy name input 64 votes

Harrison
20% 13 votes
Holden
17% 11 votes
Micah
14% 9 votes
Owen
29% 19 votes
Oren
0% 0 votes
Weston
10% 7 votes
Porter
7% 5 votes

Re: Boy name input

• It's like we're the same person! Harrison and Holden were probably top 5 names for me (of course, hubs shot down both...) Our next - hypothetical - son will be Micah. Porter is a great choice and we also have Wesley on our short list. :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Harrison Holden and Weston are amazing. I wanted a Harrison but I was vetoed. Owen is nice just popular lately but if popularity doesn't bother you it's a solid name. Oren and Porter aren't bad just not my style. Not a fan of micah.
  • I love Micah, but not with Mara. I chose Owen as the surnames are nms.
  • Porter - I automatically think of beer.

Micha or Owen would be my choice. 
  • PolarBear517PolarBear517 member
    edited August 2018

@leighry the popularity of Owen is def. my biggest con so far with that name. I don't need super rare names but avoid at least the top 10... trying to figure out where my cutoff is. Looks like it is increasing in popularity, ranked 23rd at its most popular in 2016 representing about 1/200 male births... None of our other options crack the top 100, although some are close, its not a concern with any of the others

@AlyLynn07 I am leaning against Micah right now for that reason... Mara and Micah sound too matchy, I don't have anything against double M names, I really like M names with our last name & this is our last baby so I don't worry about starting/keeping up a trend. (our girl name is actually Morgan which I think is a nice sib set with Mara)... but having the same beginning AND ending sound meh I'm not sure of.

@harpseal135 I think of the beer too but it's not really a negative association for me haha

Me (28) & DH (35)

• I like them all except Oren and Porter. Good list!
  • Love Harrison. Think it's a really Strong name! 
    Holden I think of American Horror Story, not a bad thing just my first thought 
    Owen I hear more and more and it's a family name for me so that doesn't help.. 
    Only Micah I know is a girl.
    Never heard Oren, not the biggest fan of it to me honest..
    Weston is cute!
    Porter I think of portapotty.... 
  • @mamabearcj I really like Harrison too, but I'm somewhat leaning against that because we have a 3 syllable last name & it seems kind of like a mouthful to have more than a 2 syllable first name. I haven't completely ruled it out, though.

I think as of now we've ruled out Oren, Porter and Micah (Micah too matchy with big sister's name).

I'm still uncertain about the popularity of Owen so it's a contender although at the moment I'm still viewing the popularity as a con .

I think the top 2 contenders are Holden and Weston (I also like the nn 'Wes').  

Me (28) & DH (35)

• @PolarBear517 out of the two I like Weston! Wes is a cute nn for a little boy and can grow with him as an adult (:
    Not sure what nn would be used for Holden? Hole? Den? Hold? Something totally different?? Lol Holden is nice though, I just like Weston more(:
  • @mamabearcj I figured Holden wouldn't have a nn, if anything something like "Denny" which I do NOT like lol. Our daughters name really doesn't lend itself to any nns either so it's not a big deal for me, but I do happen to like Wes
    Me (28) & DH (35)