Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 7/30

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up?

Re: TFAS w/o 7/30

• kvh22kvh22 member
    edited July 2018

New to the board and just intro'ed over in the new members thread

What number are you trying for? #2

Cycle/Month? Just went off of the POP and got my first postpartum period. Not officially trying yet.

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? DD is 11 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm still breastfeeding and my period came before it was supposed to while on the pill last "cycle" so I know this cycle's chart is going to be all over the place.

Any questions? Not right now

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rant: DD has been waking up *screaming* at least once a night and will not calm down. This is different than just "pick me up" screaming and feeding her is the only thing that will get her to relax.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Once I got past the princess/firefighter/other obvious jobs stage, an interior designer (i'm in marketing now).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 10 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? SS so hard! I know I had the flu but I'm still nauseated, can't smell coffee or eat chicken, only want carbs. Everything that's identical to my first pregnancy. But I know implantation can't even have happened yet, so there's no HCG in my body, so it's just my body reacting to progesterone. 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: So so tired. DD has been getting up more at night because of teething. I just want sleep!

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? A singer, actress, lawyer.
  • Loading the player...

Cycle/Month? 10/9

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 19 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Literally trying to have no thoughts.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag:  Had such a fun weekend with our son, I seriously love this age.  It was gorgeous out, so we all spent a lot of time outside and just had a lot of fun together.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up?  Meteorologist.  
  • What number are you trying for? 3 basically 

Cycle/Month? 12/8

WTO/TWW? WFAF

Ages of other child(ren)? Neice is 9, DS will be 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Busted

Any questions? nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS is going to be 3 on Saturday. I just can't believe it. He has grown to be such a sweet, loveable goof already. Once I accepted this cycles failure, I had a nice crying spell, in bed. He was worried after a bit and came to check on me. He simply came in and put his head on the bed next to me. Naturally this resulted in more tears as I realized what an amazing boy I've got on my hands.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? The most "realistic" was physical therapist. That was after a dance injury that took that career goal off the table.
  • MRDCleMRDCle member

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3 (DS)

Any thoughts about this cycle? ehh.  I'm crampy, tender boob'd, and breaking out which all seems pretty in line with getting my period in three days.  So...cautiously optimistic at best I would say!

Any questions? Nah.

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS has been so cuddly recently. Like both Saturday and Sunday AM came and cuddled in bed with us and is hugg-y and great. I'm getting a little tear-y because he's getting SO BIG. Like, when I carry him (not often) I get sad because like...soon I won't be carrying him and I just never want to put him down.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? I used to pretend to be a combo travel agent and cosmetologist, and also I would pretend to be an adoption attorney. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Totally feeling you ladies @prpl11butterfly and @MRDCle on the bittersweet thoughts this week.  When my DS hit 3, I think it finally made me realize I had this little person and not a baby anymore.  Such a fun age!

What number are you trying for? #2!

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW?  TWW.

Ages of other child(ren)?  DS is 4 and a half.

Any thoughts about this cycle?  Some days I feel like I'm so obsessed with TTC that I'm a bad momma to the kid I already have.  Definitely leaving me with feelings of guilt and worries about how I'm going to handle two kiddos while still giving both my love and time.

Any questions?  Not atm.

Rant/Rave/Brag: We were on vacation at a lake this weekend, and this summer is the first that DS has felt confident in his puddlejumper to swim by himself.  Seeing him have so much fun at a place that I have so many fond childhood memories at made me so happy and sad at the same time (my parents, who own the cabin we stayed at, are older and starting to have health problems).

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up?  A vet, a magazine editor, a pastry chef.  I ended up being a gymnastics instructor with a degree in baking and pastry arts and a home business on the side, so at least one of the three stuck! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WFAF

Ages of other child(ren)? 14 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Next month!

Any questions? Milk/bottle help, please! Any tips on weaning from bottles? Did you just go straight to breakfast/dinner milk with water at lunch/as needed? DS has no problem drinking from a straw/cup. Sometimes he will just freak out if he sees a bottle and it's like he *needs* to have it or he'll explode. He'll walk over and point/yell at the microwave because that's where his bottle magically appears from, and he'll find his boppy and carry it to where he would always drink his bottle and throw himself down on it.

Rant/Rave/Brag: This weekend we were out with friends who have a 18mo DD who is more proficient at walking/running/obstacles. Our little guy ate sh*t a few times because he was trying to keep up with her. While it was seriously adorable and funny to watch them interact I kinda felt bad because it looks like he got into a fistfight with a weed-wacker. 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Doctor (OB, Peds or Anesthesiologist). I majored in Chemistry and even took the MCAT before I decided Doctor-hood just wasn't for me.
  • It looks like there are a lot of poignant observations this week. 

@kvh22 Good luck! I hope your stay here is short!

@marebear15 Hugs! I hope DD lets you get some sleep soon!

@Sparty18I'm glad you had a great weekend! It's so much fun to spend time outdoors in the summer. I'm kinda bummed summer is almost over. It always feels like it goes by way too fast!

@prpl11butterfly It sounds like you are raising a pretty incredible little boy right there!

@MRDCle FX for you! I also love the combo travel agent/cosmetologist. You can get a makeover and book a fabulous trip to show off said makeover in the same office!!

@kangstadt What a great vacay! Don't beat yourself up about TTC a sibling, everyone has Mom guilt and you are still an amazing Mom to your DS! You'll make it work with two kiddos, and everything will be great!

• MRDCleMRDCle member
    @lilly91613 is it only if he sees a bottle?

Cycle/Month? 8/7

WTO/TWW? Tww

Ages of other child(ren)? 5 almost 6

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just entered in the tww. We'll see

Any questions? None

Rant/Rave/Brag: dd is starting kindergarten in 2 weeks and I'm so sad but happy as well. 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? A veterinarian  
  • @lilly91613, your comment about a fistfight with a weedeater made me laugh!  It's so cute to watch kids try to keep up or match others.  I don't really have any suggestions for bottle weaning, I think we mostly just hid them and he forgot after awhile :lol:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    I love hearing how sweet your LOs are when they're a bit older <3

@MRDCle I bet you plan some great family vacations! 

@lilly91613 Thanks! And RE the bottles: my Aug17 Bump group is talking about the milk transition now. All the babies are obviously a bit younger (11-12 months) but once they hit a year, people are doing milk at meals only in straw or sippy cups (about 18-20oz total for the day as a "goal") and letting water be available basically at all other times. DD will reach for her water all the time while she's playing at home and daycare. She's not quite 1 yet and we haven't transitioned from the bottle although I'm working through when to do it.

@lilly91613 and @marebear15 are either of you still BFing? How has charting been, if so? Would love any insight as I haven't been able to find anything concrete (just finished reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility).

• Trying to bump during naps....so I'm going to rant then come back for tags.

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? Wfaf

Ages of other child(ren)? 3yo twins

Any thoughts about this cycle? 2 BFNs.  Our timing was good but not enough.

Any questions?  Nope!

Rant/Rave/Brag:  One of the twins is on day 2 of a fever.  Had to stay home from work.  I've only been there for about a month.  In my interview they said I could work from home so today I said I would and my boss came back with "I don't think so - just take care of your kids".  I'm hoping she was being sincere and kind and I just took it poorly....

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up?  A lawyer (funny now because I'm a legal assistant and have realized that so many lawyers are total dicks)
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @MRDCle Yes and no.  If he sees his bottle he wants it.  He will also freak out at the fridge, microwave, and boppy when he wants a bottle because that's what he associates them with. How crucial is milk after 1? I guess I'm worried that he won't drink enough milk just from his straw cup which is why I've been hesitant to stop the bottles.

@kangstadt I might just hide all the bottles...

• MRDCleMRDCle member
    @MRDCle Yes and no.  If he sees his bottle he wants it.  He will also freak out at the fridge, microwave, and boppy when he wants a bottle because that's what he associates them with. How crucial is milk after 1? I guess I'm worried that he won't drink enough milk just from his straw cup which is why I've been hesitant to stop the bottles.

@kangstadt I might just hide all the bottles...

I mean, you can consult your pedi since they have a better grasp on your kid's individual nutrition, but our pedi didn't really care if we gave our son cow's milk as long as he was getting enough fats and calcium elsewhere.  He didn't do milk really for a while but ate a ton of yogurt and cheese and has always been good on avocado and meats so we weren't worried about fat/protein/calcium etc.  I would personally just try to redirect and remove things that might trigger that response (the boppy/bottles). Good luck though.  I let DH do most of the bottle/paci weaning since we still nursed for a while post bottle weaning. I did not envy him, ha.
  • @MRDCle Thank you! We have our 15mo appt in a month so I'll prolly ask her then. At the 12mo appt she wasn't concerned about bottle weaning at all. I'll try the redirect and removal approach. 

@kvh22 I am still BF'ing, but only 2x a day (first thing in the morning and right before bedtime...although I think we're going to be dropping the bedtime one soon... :'( ). I don't do temps or OPKs so I'm of no use to you there - sorry!  Once I stopped the mini pill 3 months ago my cycles have become more regular. I think I have gotten 5 or 6 PP periods.  Also - thank you! I think I'm going to experiment with no bottles, only milk at eating time.

@mermaidca I would take it optimistically at face value - she wants you to be present with your kid!

• @kvh22 I am still BFing and I'm not quite sure how much of a problem it's going to be while TTC. My last LP was only 9 days, but I O'ed earlier this month, so I'm hoping that points to it being a longer LP. As for temping, DD STTN about 75% of the time, so the nights when I have gotten up, I mark as "sleep deprived" in FF, so it gives me an open circle and doesn't put as much weight on it.

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO, but we are benched this cycle due to traveling

Ages of other child(ren)? Two next month

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just bummed we are benched. I was super hopeful last cycle. Just trying to be more aware this cycle of my body (CM, etc.) since there isn’t any reason so be looking for “symptoms”. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: I had DD’s birthday party yesterday. We will be back home for her real birthday next month so we celebrated with family while we are still in the US. I think it went really well and DD had fun. 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up?
    I don’t really remember ever really having a profession in mind. It was really hard to decide even when I went to college. 

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? It's day 2, so I'm foolishly optimistic!

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: A rant: I honestly thought that having been pregnant before would spare me the joys of symptom spotting. Boy was I wrong.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? An artist, author, chef or veterinarian. I did go to art school but I don't work in that industry anymore.

Cycle/Month? 4/4

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 20 month

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not hopeful even though we had great timing. 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD has been refusing naps here and there. I don't know what I will do if she decides to drop naps before she turns 2. Really hoping this is a phase. She's always been accelerated with her awake times/hating sleep, so I wouldn't be surprised. She's a very busy child.  

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? So many things! Model, actress, make up artist for movies or TV, plastic surgeon. Lol I am none of those things nor do I do anything similar. 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• @mermaidca, I think your boss was being sincere!  I always have a hard time reading my boss also, he tends to be sarcastic/snarky all the time, but when it comes to family things, he usually gets it.

@nanner26, sorry about being benched.  Fingers crossed for next cycle.  Two birthday celebrations will be fun though!  Two is such a fun age.  (I know, I said that about 3 also... really, they all have their good and bad parts!)

@riff323, I thought the same thing, that I would be immune to symptom spotting this time around, but I'm so much more obsessive about it!  Our first was unplanned, so that probably helped... I didn't know what to look for until I missed AF.  All of your GTKY answers are things I wish I could be also.  Did you enjoy art school?  I always felt that school shouldn't have to be your expected career, I had too many interests to pin it down to just one.  I wanted to learn everything!

@general_organa, fingers crossed missing naps is just a phase for you.  I will say, my DS gave up regular naps really early (around 18 months I think?) but on the positive side it meant he learned how to sleep through the night from a young age!  Even now at 4yo he'll go to bed and won't get up for a solid 11 hours.  Everything has an upside!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt damn symptom spotting! I was really bad about it the first time too unfortunately. I hated art school!!! You know what I realized after the fact? I should have gone to a regular university and majored in art. Being immersed in it was just too much. Here's my life in a nutshell: in high school, I was too weird; in art school, I was too normal.

Cycle/Month? 4/3

WTO/TWW? WTO but should be in the TWW in the next day or so.

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? First cycle using OPKs, interesting to see a peak day. I'm hoping to have actually ovulated. FF couldn't detect in 2 out last 3 cycles. 

Any questions? Nope!

Rant/Rave/Brag: Nothing of note, it's generally been a good day/week! 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? I went through phases things like marine biologist, vet, kinesiologist, and finally settled on teacher at 15 when I began working in provincial parks teaching kids about nature. I've been teaching for 5 years now. 
  • SA0012SA0012 member

What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? No cycles :( / 2 months trying for a cycle

WTO/TWW? WTO, I guess

Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5 and 3.5, sweet boys

Any thoughts about this cycle? I never thought I'd be so looking forward to a PP period!!  I know you can ovulate before your first PP period and am currently trying to figure out if that's what happening. And then other times I just think I'm being crazy and need to relax at least until I see a cycle.

Any questions? Why does this stuff make us so crazy! 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I've been out of the nest/bump game for several years. The acronyms are throwing me for a loop! I also already messed up by posting a one-off, oops, sorry y'all. I should know better than that. Know better, do better!

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? A marine biologist! I had a book with a giant photo of a Whale Shark that I obsessed over. I thought that becoming a marine biologist meant that I could swim with them all day :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SA0012 Welcome back to TB! How long after you stopped nursing your first boy did your periods come back? Do you think you could expect the same for this time around?
  • I have to add a funny story.  A few weeks ago the GTKY was "how has your kid embarrassed you?" Well on Saturday we were at a service at synagogue and one of my girls kept lifting up my knee length skirt (thank goodness we were in the 2nd row from the back and only a couple of ladies were behind us) then after doing that a few times she loudly asks "Momma, why aren't you wearing panties?"  Uuuugh.  H and I were bright red holding in our laughter and I had to explain why that is not nice to do to someone.  Ahh children.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Haha, don't you just love it, @mermaidca?  I've had my son ask me (luckily not in public yet), why I have a "china," and not a penis.  :lol:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • SA0012SA0012 member
    @marebear15 Thanks! I nursed my first to 18 months and got my cycle back when he was 8 months, pregnant when he was 15 months. I think that's why I'm so frustrated with no cycle at 19 months this time. I didn't have to cut back any feedings with my first and it's breaking my heart to now. I REALLY don't want to fully wean him!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    kangstadt said:
    Haha, don't you just love it, @mermaidca?  I've had my son ask me (luckily not in public yet), why I have a "china," and not a penis.  :lol:
    At least your son acknowledges your differences. Mine will argue till he’s blue in the face that I do indeed have a penis, despite all evidence to the contrary
  • @SA0012 Welcome!! We are glad to have you in here. We have a few BF'ing Moms in here so perhaps we can be of a bit more help here (myself included - but I've have a few PP periods). In the other thread you mentioned that you just stopped night nursing. How many times per day do you nurse now? Have you increased the amount of water your LO drinks? Have you thought about weaning?  I know extended BF'ing is great for them, but by just decreasing the number of sessions you do during the day you should be able to kick your ovaries into drive and get a PP period which should help you track ovulation.

@nanner26 If you don't mind sharing, I'd love to know where are you going so I can live vicariously through you!  I love traveling!

@riff323 I hope your stay here is short and sweet! :)

@ska8471 I hope the OPKs help you this cycle!

@general_organa DS is on the verge of dropping his 2nd nap, so I can only imagine what you're going through with your LO dropping her only nap! Eep!  My niece dropped her nap pretty early. Maybe she'll just sleep longer at night to make up for it? Who knows! This whole parenting thing is basically a educated guessing game. 
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @SA0012 I just got my period back at 11mo PP. I know that's not as long as you've gone but I had been concerned knowing we were planning to start trying around 12 months PP. How many times are you BFing a day? I pumped up an insane freezer stash and slowly minimized then eliminated pumping sessions while DD is at daycare last month which may (or may not) have been what finally did it. My previous BMB said some of them didn't get it until a month or two after they fully weaned (13-15 months) and my OB said it's not a concern if you are not getting your period while you're still BFing and it's "normal" to not get it until you wean. I know that doesn't help you actually get your period back, though, I just asked all these same questions (not on here) a couple of months ago so wanted to share. Sorry if you already know this but the prolactin from BFing suppresses estrogen, and you won't get your period until the estrogen reaches a certain level. I was in the middle of reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility when I got mine back but the only change for me was time and no more pumping. I finished it and if I hadn't gotten my period, was planning to read Marilyn Shannon's Fertility, Cycles, and Nutrition next which was recommended in it.

• @lilly91613 We live in Asia. I’m from the states but we’ve been living there for about 5 years. 
  • @SA0012 As kv22 said, getting your period back is not an issue until you are fully weaned. I was "lucky" in that department and got my period back 8 weeks PP. But my cycles didn't regulate until I night weaned. Also, my LP is still short, which can hurt the changes of implantation even if fertilization does occur. 
    So I guess the question you have to ask yourself is would you rather wait to wean or wait to TTC. 
  • @marebear15 8 weeks PP?? Wow! DD started biting me while nursing a few weeks ago and I thought it was because she was wanting to wean, then I got my period. Only put it together when the biting stopped as soon as my period did that it was probably the change in taste or supply (which did seem fine so who knows) but it was. not. fun!

• @kvh22 Yeah, I was pretty unlucky. But then I had about 3 months before my next one and then 1.5 and 1.5 months for the next two. So they were pretty inconsistent.
  • @nanner26 Ooohh Asia!  I haven't been there yet, but I am itching to go!! Thailand, Japan and Singapore are high on our list right now. I bet the food is so delicious over there!

Cycle/Month?  1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? DS is 1

Any thoughts about this cycle? It was more of NTNP cycle so I’m pretty meh about it.

Any questions? Not yet.

Rant/Rave/Brag: I’m just hoping this one doesn’t take as long our first did. (3.5 years) 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a lawyer.  I do not know why.  The idea of arguing all day gives me anxiety.  
  • https://www.thealphaparent.com/how-to-get-pregnant-whilst-breastfeeding/
    This was an interesting read for all of us still breastfeeding. 
  • @marebear15 This is literally the type of thing I'm trying to research right now! FFFC: I'm reading it while listening to a call (working from home) so only half way through but am totally down with eating more food! And I have a grocery trip planned for lunch (I'm on the west coast).