Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 7/30

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: If you won an all-expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would you want to go?

TW
Me: 33 DH: 32
DS:  March 2014
DD: May 2015
BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: TTCAL w/o 7/30

• Loading the player...
  • @eleven_ I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I read a study the other day that said people who allow and accept how they are feeling recover more quickly - so when you're feeling low I hope you're giving yourself the space to feel it and not just pushing it down. I know that's really hard. I'm glad your RE is trying to work with you on possible options. What does she thing the Femara is going to do, btw? 
    @prpl11butterfly The year mark is really hard. I'm so sorry. It is really difficult to get past those milestones and still not have a successful pregnancy. I'm not sure what would cause the cramping but I support asking questions about it. 
    @suzycupcake Wow, sounds like you guys have made a big decision on moving forward. What factors influenced you to do foster to adopt, if you don't mind my asking? 
  • @suzycupcake @nomangos23 should we just start planning this Italy trip now then? :D

Going to call doc tomorrow.

@suzycupcake keep the onesie of you want. I'm sure she will understand. I can imagine deciding on what age range can be difficult. Having been in foster yourself, you know how important it is to provide a loving home to any child in need. You have a huge heart, any kids who land with you will be lucky :heart:

@holly321 I hope you get unbenched! A tour of Europe would be lovely! 

@nomangos23 I'm sorry your out for another 8 wks. I hope the testing will at least help find answers.
  • @holly321 I'm free for a Benched Pity Party any time you want! :) 
  • @eleven_ I’m sorry that you are struggling, but glad that it seems like you are giving yourself the time and space to grieve. I hope the Femara helps. 

@prpl11butterfly Sorry that one year and your due date are making you feel more pressure. I’m very interested to hear what your doctor says about the LP cramping. 

@suzycupcake I love that you and YH are considering fostering. My older siblings and I were in foster care as well. Any child would be so lucky to have you guys as foster parents. I hope that you are able to come to a consensus on what you are both comfortable with. 

@holly321 FX the kidney is nothing and you’ll be off the bench! 

• @nomangos23 I don’t know much about eastern medicine and TTC, but I do think it can be very effective in general. Is your primary care doctor the open-minded type? I would probably want to double-check that none of the herbs are problematic with anything else you’re doing. 
  • Sorry for the multiple posts. The app hates me today. I’ve been hiding out for the last couple days after last cycle went bust. 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? The last few weeks BF and I have been struggling to get on the same wavelength. TTC has really put pressure on our sex life and made it hard to feel intimate. I hate “business” sex. We had a really good talk the other day though and I’m feeling a little better about it. Hopefully this cycle will be a little better since we will be on vacation during FW. 

GTKY: If you won an all-expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would you want to go? I’m with @eleven_ , I want to go to Iceland. I mostly want to float around in the hot springs. If not Iceland, I would love to go to Croatia, lounge on the beaches, and stroll through the old city. 

• @nomangos23 How did you find the pricing info on it? I just see a spot where it talks about being for clinics and stuff. It seems really interesting.
  • @prpl11butterfly Ugh I swear they don't even seem to listen to the message half the time.  Yea, most of the women at least do least them.  One just says she is a mother and grandmother.  The others list how many they have.
  • @eleven_ I've only got the bloodclotting test left to do, which takes 6 weeks after a negative hcg to run.. Which is why I'm benched :/ It's probably good to give my body some recover time though. 

@sparklingdiamond I actually had to download the app and go through all of the motions to get the pricing. Really expensive but we'll see. I'll keep you updated on if I think it's worth it? I'm committing the 3 months they say it takes to get my body regulated before trying again. 

• @sparklingdiamond hmmmm. I got nothing right now, but I hope you can find a way to word it perfectly.

@nmbrcrnchr1 sorry that YH seems to be in a different mindset now. I think discussing with your dr is a good route to start. Maybe hearing it from a professional will help ease his mind. I know that helped MH go along with my desire to not wait after our loss. A counselor could also help him work through his feelings and sort out why he is unable to talk with you about it. Hopefully you can find a path that works for both of you.
  • @nomangos23 Yes I am definitely interested in hearing what you think about it!  I see it's only for iphones anyways.  I have an android.
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited July 2018
    Thank you ladies for the kind messages <3 

@prpl11butterfly I'm glad they are getting you in to check things out. 

@nmbrcrnchr1 Hugs to you honey <3 Tough decisions all around. 

@kindbytealikat <3<3<3<3 Man, that's a lot of emotions to deal with and I'm so sorry you're experiencing such a difficult time. I haven't experienced an anniversary yet so I can only imagine what type of anguish that brings. 

@zamora_spin Congrats on getting a date on the calendar. What protocol are you guys planning to try? As far as fostering, my husband I think is pretty much expressing what you did, if I understood you correctly. He says that he feels really stressed at the thought of having a teenager running around when he has never even been a parent. The thought of the possibility of a child being ripped away to go back to their family also stresses him out because then we'd be back to square one, no children. Initially, he was freaked out about any behavioral problems a child might have that we don't know, etc., but I was able to educate him about that. Then it became the other stuff. It seems he is along the lines of not wanting to have those experiences either as a first time parent.

I do understand where he is coming from. I'm over here going, But wait! I just really want to help raise a human now! However, even though I feel like I can put the preferences thing aside because life isn't pretty and stuff happens, I can't argue with how he feels because those things would probably really present a problem if we aren't careful about who we take in, for both of us. I have a habit of biting off more than I can chew anyway and he has expressed the fear that taking in someone we aren't equipped for would put a stop on our plans to continue treatment. I don't really understand that yet, but we will continue talking about that this weekend.  

@nomangos23 No we didn't. I mean, we went to speak to one of our pastors one time, but that was it. We were supposed to go again last night but my husband ended up having to work later. He came home and was honest with me about how he doesn't feel comfortable with it so I might find a way to just go by myself. I haven't decided yet. Thanks for asking. I hope that whatever move forward plan you come up with will do the trick and that you'll be confident about it. It's hard deciding on holistic things just as much as conventional things. I'd say just do your research. That's really all we can do. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @nomangos23, the benched does really, really suck. I just realized I that in the last year, we literally tried for 1 cycle.  And that one I got unbenched like right as I ovulated, so it was sort of a hail Mary before getting rebenched.  I have not heard of the app(or site) that includes eastern herbs and such, but it sounds really interesting, and definitely worth a shot.  Medicine is definitely a necessity in life, but I definitely believe that herbal treatments and such can work really well.  I may have to look into it, my cycles (which I am only half way tracking) have been really short (with lovely heavy bleeding) and I am a bit concerned.

@prpl11butterfly, I am glad you made your appointment, and I hope you get an answer.  

• @suzycupcake, is fostering a newer idea between you and your Dh?  I know we aren't in a place to do it now (maybe in the future) but when DH and I were first discussing the idea, he was very specific about age range, but after time, he was more open to different ages.  
  • Hey @holly321 He and I talked about it years ago. It just didn't really become more of a discussion until recently. Thanks for sharing that. He probably would become more open. I think the thought of having kids in general freaks us both out to be honest lol but we are ready to give. When is your appointment to discuss the cyst?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @zamora_spin Thank you for your perspective. I'm typically very sensitive to vitamins and herbs too, so I'm definitely going to be careful. I guess I'm really at the point that conventional medicine keeps telling me I'm healthy but I've lost 3 babies in 7 months so there's obviously something wrong. I really don't know where else to turn. And I understand being bitter about the babies you lost. We look for any reason to make sense of something that no one can give us answers to. I'm mostly looking at acupuncture to help get my cycle and hormones regulated. I don't think I'll continue through pregnancy. 

@suzycupcake To be honest, a therapist has been my saving grace the past 7 months. I know you've talked about having a therapist in the past so it's not a new concept for you. My husband has been to a few appointments with me (NOT something he wanted to do, but agreed to do for me) and I think we got a lot out of those sessions. I think it helped for him to clearly hear my struggles from a 3rd party vs me. Which sounds ridiculous, but it helped us communicate better afterwards. 

@holly This "service" in interesting. It claims to be able to help regulate a your cycle to an "ideal" 28 day, pain free, healthy bleed no PMS, etc etc. It's like fertility friend in that you track everything, but there are also consultants that help you get to an "ideal" cycle with herbs and recommended diet changes, etc. It's expensive but I'm giving it a whirl and will keep everyone updated!  And yes, boo to being benched but I'm now motivated to get my body to an ideal state, so I guess that makes it a little easier? Obviously something hasn't been right.. 
  • @suzycupcake, I am waiting at the doctor now.  
    The decision to (and having) kids is definitely scary and doesn't help with the stress and anxiety!
  • *dirty lurker* @eleven_ - if I remeber correctly you said you live in UT. SLC is my closest airport and follow 3 IG accounts that find great deals on flights out of SLC. Earlier this year I saw $303 non-stop round trip to Oahu. I haven't seen it since but if you want I could give you the name of the accounts if you want to turn the day dreams into reality. Hope you find some peace during this time. *hugs*
  • Hi All.  I see a few 'faces' from the TTCAL board.  ::waves::

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: MMC on 7/11 @ 9w 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?  The post D&C bleeding is dragging on, and I just wish this could be over so I can move on to whatever comes next.  Also going for my post-op appointment on Monday was much harder than I expected.  :(

Any testing coming up/any recent results? No.

GTKY: If you won an all-expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would you want to go? Greece or Australia/NewZealand.  

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited August 2018
    @holly321 I hope to hear good news from you today. I hope that it is nothing. 

Update: I called the new clinic and scheduled a consult for 8/15 at 1pm. I asked them what is different about their clinic compared to the ones we are used to. The scheduler said that they tailor treatment to each woman's unique cycle and her needs and that they have two collection rooms, never booking anyone back to back so that nobody will have to wait a long time. I was so happy to hear this because we are used to having to go really early in the morning and wait in line to do iui like 4-5 hours later. 

We aren't sure if we are going to do iui again or not. This consult is to get a second opinion to see if we go back to that or straight to ivf. One cool and surprising thing is that the doctor that a previous coworker referred me to, gives out his cell phone # to his patients and is available 24/7 to answer any questions. No wonder their success rate is 60%. The doctor is responsible for the oldest woman on record to have given birth at the age of 67.  :o

*TW kids mentioned in spoiler

One of my dear friends who fosters a baby girl and a girl child called me today. She has been going back and forth with court dates for both of them over the past six months. Today she found out that the girl child is going to be taken away from them to go back to her dad. Right now, she is on autopilot and in shock, no feelings about it yet. I hope that all of the court dates and this back and forth has prepared them enough that maybe when the feelings do come, they will be cut in half. I feel so horrible for them. I can't imagine. She says that the child doesn't know yet and won't until friday and that she's never gotten to say goodbye to anyone anywhere she has been placed so she's gonna try to put together a little farewell party for her. I've never been to anything like that and not sure I could handle going unless I can keep a smile on my face for my friend and that little girl. I'm so worried for both of their hearts, but especially for the child's little heart. My friend has pcos and couldn't get pregnant without treatment but back then, her husband was unwilling to do treatment. There is much resentment there in their marriage so I can only imagine what this might do to them. If anyone prays, please pray for all of them.  

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: MMC at 11 weeks on 6/15

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?  I've been lurking, but just haven't felt up to posting this week. AF arrived last week and I just finished up my last pill of Femara. My periods are usually super light and never more than 3 days, and here I am at day 9 and still spotting. I just have a feeling that this cycle will be a bust. Like maybe when I thought I was on AF it really wasn't and now it is really hitting... so did I take the Femara too soon? Does it matter? Ugh. I just feel upset and really teary today. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? No.

GTKY: If you won an all-expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would you want to go? Patagonia

• @spacemountianeer I also fly out of the SLC airport and follow a couple of those accounts. Last year we went to Norway for under $400 a person! 

@McKBaby That stage between the D&C and AF is hard. I felt like I was stuck in this weird in-between and that I didn't have control. Hopefully the bleeding stops and you can get a game plan for what comes next. 

@suzycupcake That is really wonderful you and your hubby are considering fostering. I think we will look into that down the road too. There are so many sweet kids that need loving parents and it sounds like you have lots of love to give. Good luck at the new clinic! 

@nmbrcrnchr1 Maldives would be amazing. Add that to my list too. And sorry things with DH are hard. I think in general they just have a harder time expressing their emotions and talking about tough subjects.  <3

@nomangos23 Keep us updating on that service. I'd be curious how it goes. Also, sorry about being on the bench. That's a hard place to be.  :(